Photo

Is anyone else thinking this forum is slow lately?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Turtlebaybride

Turtlebaybride
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

For days now i've had the hardest time with this forum, on two of my computers. Both my work and my home! Is anyone else having this problem?

#2 catandcleo

catandcleo
    • 173 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

YES YES YES! thank goodness it's not just me!

#3 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
      • 815 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

I have this problem at work. At home we have Fios so I haven't had any problems here. but I stopped even trying to load up pages on bdw at work. : (
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#4 Sah

Sah
        • 204 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

Now that you mention it.... I do feel as though the pages have been hanging...

#5 Turtlebaybride

Turtlebaybride
          • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

OMG, its so frustrating! I love this site too!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

alot of people do not realize that this forum started as a hobby of mine when i was planning my wedding...back then it had 4 members.

now it has over 5000 with 20-30 people joining every day.

i pay for the hosting, software, tech support, etc. out of money from my own pocket and also am the one that has to do all the upgrades, maintenance, etc. on my own in my free time as i cannot afford to have someone work full time keeping this site running smoothly.

i think people also do not realize that searches, downloading attachments all use server bandwidth so they cause the server to run more slowly...so when you see a newby complaining about "Points" and why they can't just download as many attachments as they want and you donate points thinking you are being generous, keep in mind what you are really doing.

also, when you complain about the ads, also keep in mind they are the only thing keeping this forum up and running...if this server plan i have now does not work i will have to upgrade the server AGAIN. this will take a ton of time and also cost double what the hosting plan we are on now costs.

another thing, I own a travel agency that specializes in DW so when you advertise your own travel agent for perks or whatever it is a little frustrating.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

i havent had any issues, work or home.

ok, home is slow for ANYTHING, yahoo, google, BDW. but it's not BDW.

and tammy, i dont care if it took me 3 days to load a page, i'd still be here cheering you on :)

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Abbie
              i havent had any issues, work or home.

ok, home is slow for ANYTHING, yahoo, google, BDW. but it's not BDW.

and tammy, i dont care if it took me 3 days to load a page, i'd still be here cheering you on :)
              I was on the forum even with my mom's superslow dial-up & old computer. It was like 5 minutes a page, but I still couldn't get off.

#9 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

We don't thank you nearly enough, Tammy, for all you do in hosting this awesome forum for DW brides. We all take it for granted that every morning BDW will be there when we log in. If there is something we can do to help you, please let us know. (Would a donation button be feasible?)

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MelanieS
                  We don't thank you nearly enough, Tammy, for all you do in hosting this awesome forum for DW brides. We all take it for granted that every morning BDW will be there when we log in. If there is something we can do to help you, please let us know. (Would a donation button be feasible?)
                  I agree. I'd be willing to donate. I would have seriously hurt someone by now with out the BW girls.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users