Is anyone else thinking this forum is slow lately?

alot of people do not realize that this forum started as a hobby of mine when i was planning my wedding...back then it had 4 members.

now it has over 5000 with 20-30 people joining every day.

i pay for the hosting, software, tech support, etc. out of money from my own pocket and also am the one that has to do all the upgrades, maintenance, etc. on my own in my free time as i cannot afford to have someone work full time keeping this site running smoothly.

i think people also do not realize that searches, downloading attachments all use server bandwidth so they cause the server to run more slowly...so when you see a newby complaining about "Points" and why they can't just download as many attachments as they want and you donate points thinking you are being generous, keep in mind what you are really doing.

also, when you complain about the ads, also keep in mind they are the only thing keeping this forum up and running...if this server plan i have now does not work i will have to upgrade the server AGAIN. this will take a ton of time and also cost double what the hosting plan we are on now costs.

another thing, I own a travel agency that specializes in DW so when you advertise your own travel agent for perks or whatever it is a little frustrating.

i havent had any issues, work or home.

ok, home is slow for ANYTHING, yahoo, google, BDW. but it's not BDW.

and tammy, i dont care if it took me 3 days to load a page, i'd still be here cheering you on :)

elefant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
i havent had any issues, work or home.

ok, home is slow for ANYTHING, yahoo, google, BDW. but it's not BDW.

and tammy, i dont care if it took me 3 days to load a page, i'd still be here cheering you on :)
elefant.gif
I was on the forum even with my mom's superslow dial-up & old computer. It was like 5 minutes a page, but I still couldn't get off.

We don't thank you nearly enough, Tammy, for all you do in hosting this awesome forum for DW brides. cheers.gif We all take it for granted that every morning BDW will be there when we log in. If there is something we can do to help you, please let us know. (Would a donation button be feasible?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieS View Post
We don't thank you nearly enough, Tammy, for all you do in hosting this awesome forum for DW brides. cheers.gif We all take it for granted that every morning BDW will be there when we log in. If there is something we can do to help you, please let us know. (Would a donation button be feasible?)
I agree. I'd be willing to donate. I would have seriously hurt someone by now with out the BW girls.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics