Anyone know DEFINITIVELY the dress code for Mammee Bay?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ccunningham

• 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Several posts throughout this site say there is a dress code, but it's not stated what that is for men. Others say that pants are required. However, I just received an email from Nekeisha stating that dress shorts are allowed. I also just talked to a bride (not on this forum) who just got back from ROR two weeks ago and she said pants were required. I am so confused!

My reception dinner is there and I'd hate for people to be sent back to their rooms to change, but I'd really like them to be able to wear shorts if they prefer. Any words of wisdom? I'm wondering if they've changed their policy, as their website now states that Mammee Bay is exclusively for superior room guests!

Riu Hotels & Resorts

#2 sally

• 302 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

I heard that too. When do you leave?
      I am doing a site visit to ROR on 25th Sept so could find out for definate then.
      PM me and let me know if you need anything else

#3 geology_rocks

• 215 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

I think a couple of my guests wore shorts and sandals (men). I don't think they're going to say anything to a wedding party. Well, unless they showed up in board shorts and a tank top!

#4 kater

• 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

Sally- definitely post what you find out from your site visit! It would be so helpful. I am trying to create a restaurant guide for guests and am still so confused whether Mammee Bay is available to them or not!

#5 ccunningham

• 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

Sally, that would be great if you could post anything and everything you find out on the site! We don't leave until October 28th, so I can't wait to hear your report! Thanks!

#6 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

Can reservations be made at Mammee for a rehersal dinner with 30 or so people?

#7 Ellipse22

• 584 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

If I am correct, you can have your wedding dinner at the Mammee Bay without restrictions to guests who are not staying in a Jr. Suite.

If you wish to go to Mammee Bay any other time you must be in a Jr. Suite.

I was also told that you could make arrangements through Chandlyn if you would like to have a rehearsal dinner there...hopefully someone can answer as to whether or not that means everyone can go regardless as to what type of room you are staying in.

My sister is staying in a regular room and the remaining guests are booked into Jr. Suites..I'll be emailing Chandlyn to double check for the rehearsal dinner for that reason.

#8 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

Thanks Maureen. I know that many of our guests are just staying in regular rooms, but I'd like us to all be able to eat together somewhere nicer for the rehersal.

#9 nscaper

• 119 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

I asked my TA about this awhile ago, and she said (After talking to her tour operator people) that there were no restrictions on restaurants for people in lower room category's. However I read online (the riu website) that the Japanese restaurant was restricted to guests in deluxe category rooms.
                    And now from this thread, Sir Richard AND maybe Mammee bay have restrictions too?
                    Most of my guests are in Jr. Suites, but where will the others eat? I don't want to always be leaving people out!

#10 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

I would talk to your TA about this because I had the same concern. She said that she will work with the RIU to get all of my guests the white (delux) wristbands, so that all of my guests can eat at all of the restaurants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users