Hurricane Gustav

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 JBinjour

• 107 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

I totally feel your pain. I was delayed by Hurricane Dean last year. I was also in a total panic about this situation. I suggest you relax. There isn't much that you can do at this moment.
    "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

#22 hanna

• 223 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Sorry for the stressful situation! I hope everyone's flights work out ok. At least it looks like the storm is taking a turn for the east and heading more towards Florida. I hope your guests make their flights

#23 caporrone

• 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

aww sucks to have to stress like that before hand - but things always work out either way. hopefully they have trip insurance - and/ or the resort offers free weather insurance ( i know the Grand Lido does) and somehow they will make up for any rain if they do get it.

#24 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

Oh no Jen, I haven't seen the news yet!! Stay safe :)

#25 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
          • 514 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Where the hell have I been that I haven't even heard of this hurricane? Busy wedding planning I guess...

Good luck to those living on the Gulf coast and for the brides traveling to Rivera Maya/Cancun area.

#26 NotYourAverageDW

• 361 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Here's the latest on Gustav.

Met Service of Jamaica Online

It's been downgraded to Tropical Storm, hopefully it will clear up by Thursday Evening.

#27 mpajkos

• 359 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

I live in FL and our weather channel is tracking it to hit anywhere between new orleans and somewhere on the texas coast. Stay Safe everyone!

#28 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

On the news tonight it showed Haiti and the Dominican. They have had a lot of rain recently between Fay and now Gustav. There have been a bunch of landslides in the Dominican causing a lot of damage, and so far there are 22 dead on the island of Hispaniola with this storm. I am glad to hear that it has at least been down graded now! Hopefully things don't get worse. Oh yeah, they said the storm is now heading for the New Orlean's area.
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#29 chickadee024

• 140 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I must say, I've never had such an avid interest in the Caribbean hurricane season before. At first it looked like it was going to totally miss Jamaica, but has now swung back down to ride right over the island. Thankfully it's only a category one, but here's to hoping all of our wedding venues and the Jamaican people are safe and sound!

#30 meandpaul

• 233 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

Currently, it is expected to head towards Kingston. Hopefully it will create very minor damage, if any. We fly down on Saturday so I am hoping this stuff is over (plus, isnt Melissa's wedding day on Saturday??). Anyway, this is frustrating. I am trying not to worry but when people email you links of weather updates, it is hard to keep your mind away from it.

Aside from the resort being washed away, I AM getting married. I may have to do it with rain and wind slashing down on me, but I have planned this for 2 years and a *little* hurricane is not going to stop me! -lol (now, if you hear on the news that some crazy tourist got struck by lightning in her wedding gown on Monday in Ocho Rios....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users