Jump to content


Hurricane Gustav

  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 Dez921714

  • Sr. Member
  • 1,489 posts

    Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

    Oh man, i really hope it works out for you and your guests. This is the main reason we chose Jan and not Sept.
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

    150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

    #12 Tropical Imaging

    Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

      Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

      Originally Posted by Melissa G
      We are thinking about leaving tomorrow morning so that we can get there and then hope we don't get hit. I get so worried that we will not get there on Thursday and if we get there on Friday I don't know if we would still be able to get married on Saturday due to the 48 hours thing.
      If you can get on a flight tomorrow, I would do that. Based on the tracking (and on my past experience), I would be surprised if any flights go on Thursday, and Friday will be packed with passengers whose flights were cancelled trying to go on Friday. Gustav is tracking more over Haiti than expected which will pull it slightly further north of Jamaica hopefully. Good luck. Take flashlights for Thursday!


      #13 SIMBASIM

      • Jr. Member
      • 466 posts

        Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

        Anyone watching Hurricane Gustav?? looks like Gustav may thankfully miss Cancun but unfortunately it is tracked straight to new Orleans!!! Great..here we go again!

        #14 dmarie17

        • Jr. Member
        • 276 posts

          Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

          I'm hoping and praying that it misses Cancun!!

          #15 sally

          • Jr. Member
          • 302 posts

            Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

            Try seacrching on National and Local Weather Forecast, Radar, Map and Report, they are giving up to date flight delays and a 6 day forcast for Jamaica.
            Good luck hope everything works out ok for you xx

            #16 sally

            • Jr. Member
            • 302 posts

              Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:02 AM

              I just watched the latest weather report on Gustav and Jamaica is on official tropical storm watch at the mo I would definately check with your airline for more info

              #17 PinionGirl

              • Banned
              • 59 posts

                Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

                Yeah, it sucks. Sure hope it's not another Katrina!

                #18 drbrainfreeze

                • Member
                • 813 posts

                  Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

                  I think Melissa and Shawn left this morning. FI spoke with Shawn last night and it seemed like that was the solid plan. So hopefully everything will go smoothly for them and nothing gets damaged at SGOR.

                  #19 EricaG

                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,915 posts

                    Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

                    I have my fingers crossed for them!!! I am glad they were able to get down there early though, so that it doesn't cause problems with their wedding plans.
                    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

                    Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

                    #20 chicklet

                    • Member
                    • 718 posts

                      Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

                      Glad to hear they were on their way. Hopefully its safe travels and they can proceed with their wedding as planned.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users