Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:56 AM
Everyone is asking how to proceed and I don't know what to tell them. I want to say find any way to get there because if Shawn and I are there then we are getting married!
Oh well... I guess I will see what happens...
Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:03 AM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:17 AM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:26 AM
I talked to Darma and she said to just keep watching and have the guests call their airlines. US Air was no help to me. The flight has not been cancelled yet. I guess all I can do is wait and have all the guests call their airlines.
Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:25 PM
This happened to my cousin and they had to choose a different resort but the hurricane was a month or so ahead of their wedding so I am not sure in your case.
Call the airline and see if they could advise you.
Keeping my fingers crossed everything will work out for you.
Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:32 PM
My fingers are crossed for you and make sure you let us know how everything turns out for you.
Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:27 PM
Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground is very good tracking storms/depressions/waves etc. Go to the tropical/hurricane section for tracking estimates/strength and timings etc.
For guests leaving tomorrow or Thursday, they may want to call the airline today and get advice and see if the airline recommends changing to Friday arrival. The airline wants to avoid all of the standby flying that comes with canceled and postponed flights, you may find they can give your family members some direction. By the looks on Wunderground you should be fine for Friday and Saturday, but the airports may be closed on Thurs if the storm strengthens to a cat 1. Check with the hotel and airline today so you can beat all of those waiting until the last minute.
Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:09 PM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:12 PM
Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:35 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users