Grocery Game

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

This sounds so interesting. I can't wait to see how much you girls save.
    I clipped coupons last week for the first time in forever and saved $9! I was so excited!!

#22 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

Is this for the US only or can Canadians use it too?

I use coupons, but it only ever saves me a few dollars, I don't understand how you guys say you can save 60-90%, or how you can get 30$ worth of stuff for 1$! That is just nuts! The best I do is when cereal is on sale for like 2$ a box, and sometimes there will be coupons for 1$ off per box (either right there, or coupons I have saved from another time) and so I get cereal at 1$ a box and I get so excited. But we're talking like once a year this happens :) Also there is some stuff I never pay full price for, I always stock up when it's on sale (canned soft drinks, canned foods, cereal, pasta, etc) but still that stuff will be at most half price when it's on sale. I don't understand how you guys are saving so much money on so much stuff! I thought I was cheap (my husband calls me the Bargain Hunter) but I obviously have some stuff to learn from you girls!

#23 Bianca

Bianca
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SunBride
        Is this for the US only or can Canadians use it too?

I use coupons, but it only ever saves me a few dollars, I don't understand how you guys say you can save 60-90%, or how you can get 30$ worth of stuff for 1$! That is just nuts! The best I do is when cereal is on sale for like 2$ a box, and sometimes there will be coupons for 1$ off per box (either right there, or coupons I have saved from another time) and so I get cereal at 1$ a box and I get so excited. But we're talking like once a year this happens :) Also there is some stuff I never pay full price for, I always stock up when it's on sale (canned soft drinks, canned foods, cereal, pasta, etc) but still that stuff will be at most half price when it's on sale. I don't understand how you guys are saving so much money on so much stuff! I thought I was cheap (my husband calls me the Bargain Hunter) but I obviously have some stuff to learn from you girls!
        Its really easy to save a lot at CVS... You basically combine their instant rebate type promotions (Extra Bucks) with manufacture coupons and store coupons and then "roll" the "extra bucks" you made from previous purchases and keep on doing it over and over again. It takes some time to get a hang of it, but I will never need to buy things like toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, pain relievers and other stuff again.
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
        http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#24 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

ok i went grocery shopping again today and saved $37 on a $70 bill! So crazy!!!! i love this thing!
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#25 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

You really have me thinking about this Nicole. I think im going to do it, but wait till after the wedding when i can do it right.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#26 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

WOW! You have me so intrigued Nicole. I will definitely have to look into this. I'm way to lazy to do coupon clipping but this looks so easy!
              Happily married since 2008

#27 NHPT

NHPT
              • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

i really dont use too many coupons- and i just take the coupon section out of the paper and just throw it in the file. when the weekly list is posted it tells you where to find any corresponding coupons- so i only cut the ones i know i am going to use
                Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#28 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
                • 266 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

Okay, so I looked into this, but I have to say that I'm still VERY skeptical. lol You say you don't use very many coupons, but isn't that how you get your savings? I'm just confused!

Reading through that site it seemed like they just tell you where to get the coupons for everything, then it's up to you to search them out and cut them. Then, once you find them, you go to the store-making sure you read the fine print (i.e. you have to buy two to get the discount, etc.)-and then have to hand over a fistful of coupons when checking out?

Okay, it's gotta be easier then that if you're so excited about it!What am I missing? LOL

#29 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

Ok so I thought you got all the appropriate coupons emailed to you and you printed them. Where I got that idea I have no clue??

I don't get the paper either so getting the coupons wouldn't be to easy for me.
                    Happily married since 2008

#30 Bianca

Bianca
                    • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

If anyone has a Harris Teeter around them... They are tripling coupons right now!!! Great time to make some money! This has all the things that are good deals Official Harris Teeter Thread (see wiki for 9/17-9/23 and Triple coupons (9/18-9/21) deals) - Wiki will be post #3 for this thread - SlickDeals.net Forums

Check out the third post in the thread. I was going to post it here, but its a lot of info!
                      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users