Sign in to follow this  
KACENGG

Favours (marachas) to be found in Cabo?

So I've been thinking that I would really like to get our guests each a set of marachas for our wedding favours. We would put our name and wedding date on them also (as suggested on this forum I think). As we have some pretty strict luggage requirements on our charter flight (20 kgs combined!!!) I was wondering if I will be able to find these easily in Cabo? I would only need about 25 sets but I would hate to have nothing to give or guests just in case I couldn't find any.

Yes - they are in every little shop! All differnet colors and designs. They are like $ 1.00 - $3.00 each, depending on the store. How would you put your name and date on them?

Thanks girls,

I've never been to Cabo and won't have a chance to go before the wedding so I didn't want to go there and realize I couldn't find any. I will be staying at the RIU so I guess I'll have to make a quick trip into town and find these!

As for the name and date, I heard someone suggest using paint & small paintbrush. As long as its legible I think it will look great!

I did specifically hunt out maracas on this trip, but when we were there last fall there was a little store in the mall downtown that had all sorts of souveniers and cheap trinkets. I believe maracas were like $2 a pair. The store was right by the entryway off the road. Thanks for reminding me- this is something I wanted to buy for my OOT bags- I'll just have to remember to go when we get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACENGG View Post
Thanks girls,

I've never been to Cabo and won't have a chance to go before the wedding so I didn't want to go there and realize I couldn't find any. I will be staying at the RIU so I guess I'll have to make a quick trip into town and find these!
As for the name and date, I heard someone suggest using paint & small paintbrush. As long as its legible I think it will look great!
I think a gold or silver paint pen would work really well (and less mess!)

Ok so here are my notes from my scouting trip about maraces:

Souvenir Outlets all over Cabo sell the maracas $1-$3 in price sold individually, not as a set. For a set of maracas they were smaller in size $2 (color red, white and green like the flag of Mexico)

Individuals: were larger in size and were in the following colors, black lime, red, white, and lavender. I thought I remebered yellow but didn't write taht down.

The best variety in color was Souvenir Outlet located across from Nik San Japanese Rest. and next to Legacy Jewelry in Cabo

For all forms of souvenirs, the shop inside Puerto Paraiso mall had it all!

Shot glasses $2-$4 Tabasco $1.50-$2 Vanilla $3 small bottle

Hope this helps!

Janet that would work! And is the best option!

If you don't feel like writing on the maracas, a simple tag attached with ribbon or raffia will do.

EVERYONE needs to go to Artesanos!

It is a huge store in cabo. They sell ton's of trinkets, frames, furniture, etc.. They have the cheapest prices anywhere. They are located in a two story building. AS you leave CABO towards San Jose make sure you take the lateral street not the highway. DRive maybe a minute you will see it on the right. Fun place to shop!