Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#841 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

I know ChocolateBrides.com does, as well as African American Brides Blog. Hope that helps!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#842 akamikey11

akamikey11
    • 203 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

All I need is another forum/blog to be obsessed with..hehe...thanks so much

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I know ChocolateBrides.com does, as well as African American Brides Blog. Hope that helps!

#843 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
      • 82 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Love the updo and your earrings.  If you don't mind, Kera Smiley, where did you get them?  They'd look amazing with my dress!

Together we can conquer the world.
        M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#844 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
        • 82 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Yay for the Iberostar!  I'm getting married at the Grand in May.  Anyway, I have locs and am thinking about some sort of updo for the wedding because I want to be cool on the beach.  They are fairly long now (between my shoulder and elbow) so I want a simple, yet elegant bun for the big day and may have it down that night. :-)

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else has locs or microbraids and if so what type of style are you going for?  Or do you know any sites that show nice undoes for locs or micros?

87 booked and counting!

#845 akamikey11

akamikey11
          • 203 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Yeah my hair is just past my shoulders but it grows so fast I don't know where it will be in September.  I definitely want it off of my neck.

Originally Posted by MissHoneyBee 

Yay for the Iberostar!  I'm getting married at the Grand in May.  Anyway, I have locs and am thinking about some sort of updo for the wedding because I want to be cool on the beach.  They are fairly long now (between my shoulder and elbow) so I want a simple, yet elegant bun for the big day and may have it down that night. :-)

#846 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
            • 82 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm wondering if anyone with locs or braids is getting their hair styled on-site.  Our wedding package includes manicure, pedicure and hair styling.  It would make my life much easier if I could get this all done well at the hotel spa.

87 booked and counting!

#847 akamikey11

akamikey11
              • 203 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I have sisterlocs, so I am going to get them tightened before I go down.  I have hired Rashel Edwards for my makeup and her assistant for my hair.  I read a review where the assistant worked on the husband's locs. So I am just going to have her put them in a bun.  I will probably try and stay out of the water to cut down on the fuzz factor.

I'm wondering if anyone with locs or braids is getting their hair styled on-site.  Our wedding package includes manicure, pedicure and hair styling.  It would make my life much easier if I could get this all done well at the hotel spa.

#848 KeraSmiley

KeraSmiley
                • 42 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

Thanks!!
                  I got them from a jewelry store in Cherry Hill NJ called Temptations. I believe it's a franchise, so you may be able to find one in your area :)

Love the updo and your earrings.  If you don't mind, Kera Smiley, where did you get them?  They'd look amazing with my dress!

#849 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

kerasmiley...your hair was gorgeous!!!! love it both ways...  very nice!!! 

R~

#850 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                    • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Oh how grateful I am to find this thread.  I went natural a little over a year ago and have been debating on what I am going to do for my big day.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users