• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#811 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hi Mizzrojo!

Thank you so much!

The hair dresser who did my weave actually just left my edges out all around and my good friend that (that is also my regular hair dresser did the styling. I cannot speak more highly of demuretresses hair!

Originally Posted by mizzrojo 

Jonesr1979- You looked great!  Did you get a full sew-in or did you have hair left out?

#812 OneLove420

OneLove420
    • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

braids take toooooooo long to put in and to put out. Getting weave is easier to maintain and if your hair gets wet no worries. Just make sure you get indian or malaysian hair. Here is a website I got my hair for my wedding. Watch out for beauty supply hair stories because some indian do have synthic hair in them and it wont last as long.

http://www.braidsweavesnmore.com/

This hair is the BOMB i do not buy at stores any more. I have been using them for 2 years now! Best money spent.

April 20, 2011
      Negril, Jamaica

#813 OneLove420

OneLove420
      • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

Sorry wrong link:

http://www.alwaysaffordablehair.com/index.php

April 20, 2011
        Negril, Jamaica

#814 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
        • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Question ladies!  Are any of you planning to pay for your bridesmaids to get their "weave" done or just the hairstyling at the resort?  I was planning on just paying to get their hairstyled and make-up done, which is customary.  I was not planning on paying for them to get their "weave" done!  It was hinted by one of my bridesmaids! lol

#815 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
          • 328 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

Even if my girls did wear weave (I'm the only one on that train, lol), I wouldn't pay for it to get done. Unless you know someone who does it real cheap and you don't have 19 bridesmaids, then I guess it could be a go. Makeup and a hairstyle is it. You don't want to overextend yourself. I think the whole point of a DW is to get away from those miscellaneous costs that can come with a local wedding. If I were you, I'd make it very clear what you're paying for. I think because some destination brides (not saying you specifically) can feel a bit guilty that guests have to pay so much to be at your wedding, that we can get a little carried away in terms of what we pay for. Don't go overboard. Do what you can afford.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
            Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#816 Bride KSmith

Bride KSmith
            • Site Supporter
            • 144 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

I am not paying for my bridesmaids hair. If I would have requested a specific look or stlye I would have paid.

#817 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
              • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thanks so much guys!  I let them know that we would be covering hairstyling and make-up and hinted that if they wanted anything additional they were responsible for that.  Sounds like everyone is on board. Phew!! Now I just need to get my hair in order! lol

#818 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                • 328 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Yay! Crisis averted!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~

#819 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
                  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hey Ladies,

I have finalized the look I'm going for and wanted your opinion.  I'm leaning towards the long curls look, but am worried about the humidity and wondering if my curls would fall.  I'm thinking it would be best to have my hair up like in the images below.  The J-Hud image is the make-up look that I am going for. What do you guys think?  Also, hope this helps bring inspiration to some of you still pondering.

ySlide1.jpg

#820 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                    • 328 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

What style of dress are you wearing? It's hard to tell since we don't know what you look like, any makeup trials, etc.

Originally Posted by mizzrojo 

Hey Ladies,

I have finalized the look I'm going for and wanted your opinion.  I'm leaning towards the long curls look, but am worried about the humidity and wondering if my curls would fall.  I'm thinking it would be best to have my hair up like in the images below.  The J-Hud image is the make-up look that I am going for. What do you guys think?  Also, hope this helps bring inspiration to some of you still pondering.

ySlide1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users