Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#761 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

how many clips does you normally need.  I think my friend said she has 7 clips for me.....

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#762 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
    • 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi Less is more :) Any beauty supply store should carry them (especially beauty supply stores that specialize in ethnic hair). If you do not have any luck, PM me and I will find out for you. Kera Care is a great line but I HIGHLY recommend you and your daughter use Kerastase "Aqua Seal" before you take a dip in the pool and "Lait Richesses" after your day in the sun to protect your hair. Use your normal shampoo with these two products. 

Originally Posted by Less is more 

Thanks for the advice. Can you direct me to where to buy the clip ins.  I 'm in really cutting close and hairdresser not exactly cooperating  as quickly as i need her to. Thanks for all your help and advice.  Also I use kera care on a regular bases is there a shampoo in there line that you suggest to wash out the salt and chlorine.  I will be in the water EVERY moment i can so want to do the best to protect my hair.  I do have a perm and my daughter has natural hair.  Thanks 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MVPHairMakeup 

Im glad I could help :) Kera Care cream hairdress is a great product to use (use a VERRRY light hand w/ this one) before you curl your hair. It seals your hair and gives your curls a great shine. Beautiful in photos!

#763 Less is more

Less is more
      • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks  for your advise.  Looked up a salon to purchase the products and that is now checked off the list. Thanks

Hi Less is more :) Any beauty supply store should carry them (especially beauty supply stores that specialize in ethnic hair). If you do not have any luck, PM me and I will find out for you. Kera Care is a great line but I HIGHLY recommend you and your daughter use Kerastase "Aqua Seal" before you take a dip in the pool and "Lait Richesses" after your day in the sun to protect your hair. Use your normal shampoo with these two products. 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Less is more 

Thanks for the advice. Can you direct me to where to buy the clip ins.  I 'm in really cutting close and hairdresser not exactly cooperating  as quickly as i need her to. Thanks for all your help and advice.  Also I use kera care on a regular bases is there a shampoo in there line that you suggest to wash out the salt and chlorine.  I will be in the water EVERY moment i can so want to do the best to protect my hair.  I do have a perm and my daughter has natural hair.  Thanks 

Quote:

Im glad I could help :) Kera Care cream hairdress is a great product to use (use a VERRRY light hand w/ this one) before you curl your hair. It seals your hair and gives your curls a great shine. Beautiful in photos!

#764 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
        • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

glad I could help :)

#765 lisa203

lisa203
          • 681 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hey Tenny, I asked my friend and she said she uses about 20 for her whole head.

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

how many clips does you normally need.  I think my friend said she has 7 clips for me.....

#766 GlamDivaBride

GlamDivaBride
            • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Wow, LOVE the idea of these clip-ons. I would have never thought of that! So thanks!

I have long hair past my shoulders & for big trips like this- I usually get beautiful virgin indian remy wet & wavy weave . Simple full sew-in with my own hair out around front and edges.  It offers me the ability to get all of the looks I want without damaging my own hair. Just travel with a flat iron for the sleek looks & Soft Sheen Carson Foam and Curly Hair shampoo for the wet looks. And the Hubby loves a switch-up:-) Hope that helps:-)

~I get to marry my soulmate on July 16, 2011 at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios ~

#767 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

So I tried the clip ins, if you are leaving your hair out they will be great, I wanted a ponytail and I needed it to be fuller, so I ended up wrapping the track around my own ponytail and WALA instant long ponytail lol.  The clips in would have worked but I would have needed a lot to get the look I wanted....

#768 KeraSmiley

KeraSmiley
                • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

So I finally decided on a hairstyle for the wedding! Below is how I will curl my hair and I will pin it up in the back with a few pieces left out in the front.

244678913.jpg

#769 Dellnia

Dellnia
                  • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

KeraSmiley, that would look really nice. :)

Originally Posted by KeraSmiley 

So I finally decided on a hairstyle for the wedding! Below is how I will curl my hair and I will pin it up in the back with a few pieces left out in the front.

244678913.jpg

#770 IRIEGIRL

IRIEGIRL
                    • 85 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

I think I'm going to go with this hair because it will work well with my flower and birdcage veil.  And my Friend is giving me hair clips! What do you guys think?  And how do the hair clips work..she said I can put them in my self

257826.jpg

that style in gorgeous but i would definitely need sew ins for my hair to do that.

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users