Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#741 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hey Mssmith. What clips are these? I am so new to this website and worried about the same dilema as you guys! Got some catching up to do.

#742 Less is more

Less is more
    • 154 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

I just called my beautician and set up an appointment for us go shopping for hair.  I'm hoping she will make them but I might have to be like Mssmith and do it myself.  But really hoping she does!!  Please post pics mssmith!!!!

#743 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
      • 91 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

If any of you are planning on doing your own clip-ins here are few tips I found to be helpful :

Before cutting the weft of hair, measure where you will be applying the extensions and then cut.

Buy thick thread (doesnt neccessarily have to be made for extensions, any thick thread will do) it holds better and can withstand hairspray.

Make sure your clips are facing downwards and closed before attaching them.

Insert the thread in the clip first, then sew it into the weft (it's a lot easier this way) 

Sew in the two holes that are on each side of the clip as well as between the teeth of the clip with tension and make a knot at the ends for security.

The clips should not be sewn in at the very ends of the weft, leave a little (very little) of the weft hanging over the ends so the clips do not show.  

If you plan on wearing your hair curly/ wavy buy hair that is already a bit waved, the curls will last longer.

Have fun and do this with plenty of time so you can test them out before your big day :)

#744 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
        • 91 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

PS you can double up on the weft for added volume.

#745 missgomes

missgomes
          • 296 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

Great Info!! 

Sidebar~ if I do this.. what am I REALLY getting myself into... says MISS DIYer.. LOL 

#746 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
            • 328 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

I'm gonna do my usual weave and try to find a stylist that'll give me the curls I want. I'm not staying in Mexico long enough to really swim, etc. However, I've always been able to swim in weaves, if they're sew-in. Just wash normally and style as usual. The day after is my TTD, so my hair will get wet, but I'll just wash it before I leave the country and let it air dry. Salt water's no joke!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
              Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#747 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

You can say that again re salt water being no joke lol. I'm going to get a weave too. The day after our wedding, will also be our TTD but being that we're also staying in Jamaica for our honeymoon, I'm not going to get my hair wet. Will just be cute from the neck downwards lol. And dry above.

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I'm gonna do my usual weave and try to find a stylist that'll give me the curls I want. I'm not staying in Mexico long enough to really swim, etc. However, I've always been able to swim in weaves, if they're sew-in. Just wash normally and style as usual. The day after is my TTD, so my hair will get wet, but I'll just wash it before I leave the country and let it air dry. Salt water's no joke!

#748 farlem311

farlem311
                • 219 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

Im doing the same thing.  Going for my usual weave and wash/style as usual.  We are doing the TTD, but FI does not like the water, so I may have to do pics solo.

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

#749 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                  • 328 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

That's funny. My fiance is not too crazy about water either. He had a near drowning as a child, so he doesn't play around in it too much. Hopefully I can help him out though. He played around a little bit when we went to Ocho Rios.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#750 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
                    • 235 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hey Ladies!

I just ordered my hair from demure tresses can't wait to get it!. Thanks Mitsi for the help.

The owner was sooo helpful and really nice to deal with.

check out her website:

http://demuretresses.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users