Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#731 missgomes

missgomes
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

I don't know about a full sew in.  Do you swim?  If so, how does that work? 

Also, I am a BIG DIY.  I don't think they do have clip ons for our hair.  BUT.... drumroll!!  I know that you can buy the clips and sew them on to wefted hair pieces and TADA... you have a clip on.  I am sure there is a youtube video out there!!  There are youtubes for everything!!  Check with your hair lady.  Maybe she can help.

#732 kenwedjam0902

kenwedjam0902
    • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missgomes 

Also, I am a BIG DIY.  I don't think they do have clip ons for our hair.  BUT.... drumroll!!  I know that you can buy the clips and sew them on to wefted hair pieces and TADA... you have a clip on.  I am sure there is a youtube video out there!!  There are youtubes for everything!!  Check with your hair lady.  Maybe she can help.

This is exactly what I have been thinking.  I want to be able to get in the pool and the ocean and do a trip to Dunns River Falls but I don't want to mess up my weave.  That's why I was thinking of wearing a wig so I can be natural during the week and then on the wedding day have the hairstyle that I want.  And there are lace front wigs that are really long which should accommodate the hairstyle that I want.  So I plan on trying it out to make sure that it will looks natural and that I can do the hairstyle. Does anyone else have any other suggestions???

#733 lisa203

lisa203
      • 681 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Go 'head, seĀ±orita! Gorgeous!

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I have settled on a hair style for my wedding. I'm into this look with red lipstick and a real seĀ±orita flair! Just need a nice veil to top it off!Hair, Long

#734 lisa203

lisa203
        • 681 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Love it. I think it'll go great with your super-hot dress!

Originally Posted by farlem311 

My hair inspiration  long-wedding-hair12.jpgWhat do you think??

#735 lisa203

lisa203
          • 681 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

My best friend does this all the time. She gets clips from the same place she gets the hair for $.50 a pop and sews those bad boys on to the tracks and voila!

#736 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
            • 282 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

I am on my way to the local beauty supply to buy the clips and the hair and start sewing away!

Originally Posted by lisa203 

My best friend does this all the time. She gets clips from the same place she gets the hair for $.50 a pop and sews those bad boys on to the tracks and voila!

Quote:

#737 lisa203

lisa203
              • 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:21 AM

Good luck! Let us know how it worked out...

#738 missgomes

missgomes
                • 296 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

GL... post post post. LOL

#739 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

I want to hear how this works for you also!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#740 Bride KSmith

Bride KSmith
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 144 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

If you are not comfotable with making them yourself some beauticians will custom make them for you. I am natural so my stylist ordered hair to match my texture to make my clip-ins. She made them so that they will curl up when my hair does and blend with my texture when blown out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users