• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#721 kenwedjam0902

kenwedjam0902
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eholt 

Hey chocolate ladies!  Although I am not totally set on my hair, I do need some make-up advice.  I will likely end up doing my own make-up so I know I need to do some trials.  Need suggestions on products for semi-oily skin, where to go, techniques etc.  I'm a little nervous about depending solely on the resort so I need to have a clue before I leave.  Please give any suggestions you all have.

Thanks!

I am a fan of MAC because they offer both liquid and powder foundations that last. The have one that lasts for 8 hours and another that last for 16 hours.  They also have an oil control moisturizer that really reduces shine and the ladies at the counter are always there to help.  I stopped by the MAC counter at Macy's and there was a women who was doing a makeup trial for her wedding and another women who was there for a training session on a smokey eye with fake eyelashes.   I am also planning on doing a wedding day trial so I can purchase all of the makeup I will need for Jamaica.  Hope this helps! 

#722 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I have settled on a hair style for my wedding. I'm into this look with red lipstick and a real seĀ±orita flair! Just need a nice veil to top it off!Hair, Long

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#723 farlem311

farlem311
      • 219 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the info kenwedjam!!  I never used MAK and will try to make an appointment soon.  I just don't want that ashy look on my face with the wrong powder foundation.  I have used clinique, which has pretty good foundation that matches my skin tone completely.  No complaints, but would try MAK.

Originally Posted by kenwedjam0902 

Quote:

Originally Posted by eholt 

Hey chocolate ladies!  Although I am not totally set on my hair, I do need some make-up advice.  I will likely end up doing my own make-up so I know I need to do some trials.  Need suggestions on products for semi-oily skin, where to go, techniques etc.  I'm a little nervous about depending solely on the resort so I need to have a clue before I leave.  Please give any suggestions you all have.

Thanks!

I am a fan of MAC because they offer both liquid and powder foundations that last. The have one that lasts for 8 hours and another that last for 16 hours.  They also have an oil control moisturizer that really reduces shine and the ladies at the counter are always there to help.  I stopped by the MAC counter at Macy's and there was a women who was doing a makeup trial for her wedding and another women who was there for a training session on a smokey eye with fake eyelashes.   I am also planning on doing a wedding day trial so I can purchase all of the makeup I will need for Jamaica.  Hope this helps! 

#724 farlem311

farlem311
        • 219 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

My hair inspiration  long-wedding-hair12.jpgWhat do you think??

#725 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
          • 190 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Falem I love it!

#726 Bride KSmith

Bride KSmith
            • Site Supporter
            • 144 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

Here is my hair inspiration. I am natural and have curly hair. My hair will be blown out and curled. I figure if humidity gets to it with this style it wont look too bad.

2009-Updo-Hair-Trends.jpg

#727 farlem311

farlem311
              • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

I am thinking about having a sew in with some of my hair out around the edges. 

Originally Posted by farlem311 

#728 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

I like this hairstyle farlem...might have to add it to my hair inspiration too when I began searching lol.

I am thinking about having a sew in with some of my hair out around the edges. 

Quote:

#729 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

I am wearing my hair the same way.  I saw a video of the clip-ons that someone else posted in this thread.  I think you could make it work. 

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe 

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?

#730 farlem311

farlem311
                    • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

Missgomes,

I am the same way.  I love scratching my hair, which is something that can't really be done with a complete sew in.  But my hair lady usually does a sew in with some hair out in between tracks.  This is usually how I have my hair done.  I was just thinking about having the whole head sewed in because I wanted to swim and not worry about my hair.  Im unsure if they have clip ins for our hair.  I don't even know if its good for the hair also. 

Originally Posted by missgomes 

I am wearing my hair the same way.  I saw a video of the clip-ons that someone else posted in this thread.  I think you could make it work. 

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe 

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users