Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#701 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?

#702 Less is more

Less is more
    • 154 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

I love the look......i'm interested on what people think and know about clip-ins 

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe 

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?

#703 mistibuard

mistibuard
      • 444 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hi Tennyt1 (we haven't chatted in awhile!) and pat291,

I saw mzgillis316 wedding pics and here they are...I hope she doesn't mind me posting them.

http://vidacarson.co...nation-wedding/

Once you click on the site, scroll down and you'll see the other pics.

Originally Posted by pat291 

Same here I can't wait to see the rest of her pictures.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

You look amazing and I love the hair!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

HI ladies

It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#704 mistibuard

mistibuard
        • 444 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hey girls...I'm still working with my sew-in. Trying to get as used to it as I can so I can be prepared for Turks & Caicos...Anyway, here's a pic. I styled it myself..unbelievably..

Myhair.jpg

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#705 valentinbride

valentinbride
          • 31 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

I have worn my hair like this before.  I use long curly half wigs, and just pull it to the side into a ponytail!  It's really easy to accomplish this look, and you don't have to pay a bunch of money for a sew-in!  I have used Outre half wigs (the names of the wigs are Sabina or Rihanna).  I am going to do my hair like this again for the holiday, so I will post a pic up when I am done.  Can you imagine that for under $20 you can have your perfect wedding hairstyle!

#706 lisa203

lisa203
            • 681 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Still looks good, Misti!

Originally Posted by mistibuard 

Hey girls...I'm still working with my sew-in. Trying to get as used to it as I can so I can be prepared for Turks & Caicos...Anyway, here's a pic. I styled it myself..unbelievably..

Myhair.jpg

#707 lisa203

lisa203
              • 681 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

Big fan of the half wig. I wear one now by Freetress called vanilla girl. Still undecided if I'm going that route or a sew in but you make a good point. The money I save could go to the tons of other wedding stuff we have to spend on. 

Originally Posted by valentinbride 

I have worn my hair like this before.  I use long curly half wigs, and just pull it to the side into a ponytail!  It's really easy to accomplish this look, and you don't have to pay a bunch of money for a sew-in!  I have used Outre half wigs (the names of the wigs are Sabina or Rihanna).  I am going to do my hair like this again for the holiday, so I will post a pic up when I am done.  Can you imagine that for under $20 you can have your perfect wedding hairstyle!

#708 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                • 282 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Found a good vid of clip in hair extensions, thought i'd share.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AWoLrl-45-Q

#709 Less is more

Less is more
                  • 154 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for sharing.  i was not totally game for the sew-in.  I will have to try it out soon!

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe 

Found a good vid of clip in hair extensions, thought i'd share.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AWoLrl-45-Q

#710 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                    • 594 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

I'm getting married there on Sept 9, 2011. I was considering using their salon. Did you hear something differ about it?

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie 

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Unfortunately, growing my hair out is not an option, I am one of those people that short hair chose me (it's genetic, it's not fond of growing but so long).

I contacted Debra and hope that it can all work out with her. I am getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in MoBay on June 23, 2011. Is anyone else getting married there? If so, has anyone considered their salon? Is anyone using the Salon at their resort?

Thanks again!

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users