Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#691 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

Oh wow how did I miss this thread? 4-1/2 months to go and I'm just starting to worry about my hair!

#692 Less is more

Less is more
    • 154 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hey ladies, 

This is what I am trying to acheive for my wedding.  I have never had a weave before so unsure of what I should do.  I love to swim so it needs to good hair lol.  Any suggestions how i can make it work?

#693 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

Definitely look into getting wet & wavy type hair. This way should you get it wet, it'll still look fab. And if you decide to blow it out, all you have to do it curl it and waa la!

#694 Less is more

Less is more
        • 154 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Ok.... thanks. I will call my girlfriend so we can check it out.  Now being new to this is it in the hair store? Should i be going thur a salon for all this?  So lost, therefore, may be a bad idea but i have 2 months to work it out....Wow that is soon!   Also having probs posting pics sorry.

#695 kenwedjam0902

kenwedjam0902
          • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by missgomes 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kenwedjam0902 

......And as for makeup I too love MAC and that’s all I wear but in the summer I can get really oily and my makeup seems to slide off.  Would you be able to suggest any foundations that give good coverage but won’t come off with sweat and not make me look like I just got splashed with baby oil…

I don't wear makeup often, but when I do, I use MAC.  I, too, have oily skin.  I am planning on using the MAC Fix +.  Have you tried this before?  It's supposed to set your makeup for the day and keep it fresh. 

So I went to the MAC counter at Macys and the women there kept saying that the MAC Fix would only "refresh" my makeup and not make it last longer.  So instead I bought the oil control face lotion and that stuff works miracles!!  At the end of the day my foundation still looks fresh and most of all it's still on my face.  While I was there I also bought the ProLong Foundation and that stuff is awesome.  It really lasts all day and it doesn't wear off.  The only downside is the colors are bit lighter than the Studio Fix Power so they don't have a shade that matches me perfectly.  So I think I am going to try the Studio Fix Liquid Foundation because it’s supposed to last for 8 hours...

#696 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

You look amazing and I love the hair!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

HI ladies

It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
              ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#697 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
              • 235 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hey Mistibuard.

I LOVE this hair. Could you please let me know where you got the hair from and possible the link?

I want to do a trail run in January and i want hair that will look good straight and wavy!

I haven't had a weave since 2001 and don't know WHERE to begin lol

Originally Posted by mistibuard 

Hi Chocolate Brides!

I haven't been as active on this forum...not as active as I am in the Turks & Caicos forum anyway.

So I'm beginning my trial run with my hair for the wedding. The wedding is in March. My stylist sewed the weave in last night, and so far so good. I have worn extensions before (2006), but it's been awhile. Anyway, I purchased the Indian Wavy hair, so when I get the hair wet while in Turks it'll just be wavy- and still look decent hopefully. Here are some pics. I'll post some pics of how I usually wear my hair and how it is with the sew-in.

This is me working at a trade show in San Francisco last month.

Green Festival San Fran 2010 007.jpgWeddingTrial.jpg

WeddingTrial2.jpg

#698 pat291

pat291
                • 33 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Same here I can't wait to see the rest of her pictures.

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

You look amazing and I love the hair!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

HI ladies

It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.

#699 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 131 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Unfortunately, growing my hair out is not an option, I am one of those people that short hair chose me (it's genetic, it's not fond of growing but so long).

I contacted Debra and hope that it can all work out with her. I am getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in MoBay on June 23, 2011. Is anyone else getting married there? If so, has anyone considered their salon? Is anyone using the Salon at their resort?

Thanks again!

#700 eholt

eholt
                    • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

I am getting married there as well.  I have not been to the resort to see the stylist there but Lisa on this site did a review and said it was a decent experience.  I am not sure about short hair though.  Perhaps you can contact the salon and ask then if they can send you a sample of work they've done.  Its worth a try.

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie 

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Unfortunately, growing my hair out is not an option, I am one of those people that short hair chose me (it's genetic, it's not fond of growing but so long).

I contacted Debra and hope that it can all work out with her. I am getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in MoBay on June 23, 2011. Is anyone else getting married there? If so, has anyone considered their salon? Is anyone using the Salon at their resort?

Thanks again!

May 19, 2011
                      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                      Montego Bay, Jamaica
                      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

Back to Destination Wedding Dresses, Wedding Attire & rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users