Jump to content

Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question


  • Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#661 kenwedjam0902

kenwedjam0902
  • Newbie
  • 32 posts

    Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

    My FI doesn't like weaves either but he met me when I had one and didn't know the difference so I am still considering it.  But just this week I went to the hair store and found a line of lace front wigs that really look nice and human :)  I didn't glue it down, I just cut off the lace to the hair line and combed out some the hair around my hairline and presto it looks like I have long hair.  So I am now considering being natural while at the resort so I can go swimming and then put on the wig the day of the wedding to have the beautician at the resort style it.  That way I can get the best of both worlds... But right now it’s only one of the many options because I still have time.   And as for makeup I too love MAC and that’s all I wear but in the summer I can get really oily and my makeup seems to slide off.  Would you be able to suggest any foundations that give good coverage but won’t come off with sweat and not make me look like I just got splashed with baby oil…

    Originally Posted by Monique 

    I have not decided what I'm going to do with my hair...I recently (this pass May) cut my hair really short (boys cut) to give it a break from the perm and to recover from a first time hair color that left my hair feeling brittle and lifeless... I still have time between now and August of next year to decide on something...as far as makeup I use to work for Mac and can do my own..but that's not always fun...I have started pulling some looks that I like as far as makeup goes...but for hair styles...I'm lost....FH doesn't like weaves but I'm tempted to do a trial run to see how one would look and then let him see it...Hell he can't tell when someone is wearing one anyway!





    #662 missgomes

    missgomes
    • Jr. Member
    • 296 posts

      Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:00 AM



      Originally Posted by kenwedjam0902 

      ......And as for makeup I too love MAC and that’s all I wear but in the summer I can get really oily and my makeup seems to slide off.  Would you be able to suggest any foundations that give good coverage but won’t come off with sweat and not make me look like I just got splashed with baby oil…


       


      I don't wear makeup often, but when I do, I use MAC.  I, too, have oily skin.  I am planning on using the MAC Fix +.  Have you tried this before?  It's supposed to set your makeup for the day and keep it fresh. 
       



      #663 kenwedjam0902

      kenwedjam0902
      • Newbie
      • 32 posts

        Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

        No, I haven't heard of it, is it new?  My MOH was telling me about a primer from another company that was supposed to work really well but I can't remember the name.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will definitely stop by the MAC counter to see if they have it. My makeup is one of my biggest concerns for the wedding because I have dark marks from acne scars so I want to make sure I am “picture perfect” for the entire day…

        Originally Posted by missgomes 




        I don't wear makeup often, but when I do, I use MAC.  I, too, have oily skin.  I am planning on using the MAC Fix +.  Have you tried this before?  It's supposed to set your makeup for the day and keep it fresh. 
         





        #664 isasimmons

        isasimmons
        • Newbie
        • 12 posts

          Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

          You guys should try Lacome, and lauren Mercier tinted moisture and priemier. Its great give nice coverage and not heavy for the warm weather
           

          Originally Posted by kenwedjam0902 

          No, I haven't heard of it, is it new?  My MOH was telling me about a primer from another company that was supposed to work really well but I can't remember the name.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will definitely stop by the MAC counter to see if they have it. My makeup is one of my biggest concerns for the wedding because I have dark marks from acne scars so I want to make sure I am “picture perfect” for the entire day…


           




          #665 CBREWSTER

          CBREWSTER
          • Jr. Member
          • 190 posts

            Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

            Mac Fix works great I used it when I used it with my engagement pics and my makeup was flawless.



            #666 missgomes

            missgomes
            • Jr. Member
            • 296 posts

              Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:46 AM


              You live in TX, so I presume it was hot, right? 

              Quote:

              Originally Posted by CBREWSTER 

              Mac Fix works great I used it when I used it with my engagement pics and my makeup was flawless.


              @ kenwedjam0902 ~ I really just got into wearing makeup a year ago.  I get eczema really bad in the winter and had an event to attend.  I had 3 large dark patches on my forehead.  MAC's concealer works great.  I can be very dramatic at times (but in a funny way).... I walked into the MAC store, begged for some help.  I walked out with a ton of crap, but my skin looked flawless and practically natural looking. 

               

               

               



              #667 mzgillis316

              mzgillis316
              • Newbie
              • 133 posts

                Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

                HI ladies

                It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg



                #668 AfricanVenus

                AfricanVenus
                • Jr. Member
                • 328 posts

                  Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

                  Yea, another sista who got married in Mexico! You look absolutely stunning! Way to hold it down. Congratulations!

                   

                  Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                  HI ladies

                  It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg




                  Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                  Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

                  #669 jonesr1979

                  jonesr1979
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 235 posts

                    Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

                    WOW,

                    you look beautiful congratulations!!

                     

                    Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                    HI ladies

                    It's been awhile since I've made any post to this thread but my wedding is over and my split cap weave was a success....I got married in Mexico at Azul Sensatori hotel ....I took a chance and allowed them to do my hair and makeup and I was so glad I did, they did an AMAzzzZING job....I had to help the stylist out with straigtening my top a little but she did everything else and it was gorgeous...my photographer has really great shots of my hair and as soon as I get them I will post but for now this is all I have :) good luck and don't stress too much about the hair thing just make sure you have a good flat iron :)Shal in gown.jpg





                    #670 missgomes

                    missgomes
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 296 posts

                      Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

                      Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                       

                      You look really pretty. 

                       

                      Ladies, what is a split cap weave?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users