Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#501 Danyelle

Danyelle
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

Short n sweet you and your hair look beautiful!!! I see some waves left from the curls in that first pic. you and hubby look adorable together. CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAATTSS

#502 Danyelle

Danyelle
    • 368 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

PS your bridesmaids hair is beautiful too

#503 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

Shortnsweet your hair looked really nice and you were a beautiful bride. Did you take your hair person to FL with you? Your BM's looked lovely as well...liked their necklaces...and the hair.

#504 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
        • 483 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Thanks ladies!

Janine, I got my sew in done in Atlanta before heading to Miami. The hair stylist/makeup artist is based out of Florida, "Beauty by Noel". He came to our hotel the morning of the wedding.

#505 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
          • 282 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

I'm hoping my plan works, I plan on getting a wash and set and relaxer before I leave. When I get to Jamaica, I plan on keeping it wrapped up as much as possible. I am bringing an arsenal with me of flat irons and bumpers. I am gonna let the stylist give me drop curls and pray they hold.... lol

#506 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675
              Thanks ladies!

Janine, I got my sew in done in Atlanta before heading to Miami. The hair stylist/makeup artist is based out of Florida, "Beauty by Noel". He came to our hotel the morning of the wedding.
              Thanks for the info!!!

#507 Danyelle

Danyelle
              • 368 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

so i tried a "dramatic updo"
                copied from:

Click the image to open in full size.

Just had to change it up cuz my hair is curly/big/natural instead of bone straight like hers was in the pic.

So here's my first attempt: (more pix on my Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

This awesome girl called WestIndianBeauty has a tutorial on how to do the style on straight hair:

YouTube - Alicia Keys Updo: Fish Tail TUTORIAL

#508 Mischaka

Mischaka
                • 969 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Danyelle that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you did that yourself

#509 Danyelle

Danyelle
                  • 368 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mischaka
                    Danyelle that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you did that yourself
                    THANK YOU!! I'm going to wash my hair and try again to make it look sleeker and more like the original alicia keys inspiration.

I'm hunting around for updos that will work with natural hair in the humidity.

#510 sorord1

sorord1
                    • 240 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Danyelle
                      THANK YOU!! I'm going to wash my hair and try again to make it look sleeker and more like the original alicia keys inspiration.

I'm hunting around for updos that will work with natural hair in the humidity.
                      Danyelle your natural hair is beautiful! You definitely dont need to ever relax your hair again. I havent had a relaxer in 5 years and I dont plan on getting one or allowing my daughter to get one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users