Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#401 daniepps

daniepps
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

I originally posted that I was going to get a weave and my stylist is the MOH so I should be ok but after reading more and thinking about it I'm kind of worried about what will happen to the hair when I go swimming after the wedding. Back to square one I guess........

#402 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
    • 572 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:52 AM

SO glad I have locs now! Don't have to worry about the hair thing. My stylist is invited to the wedding, so she'll be twisting my locs about a day before and i'll have an updo. My hair is really long, so I'm thinking all of my hair won't be up.
      "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#403 affiwin

affiwin
      • 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

I am leaning towards a weave since my friends told me they'd hate to see me in my standard braids on wedding day. So this will be the one time that I will purchase some really high quality hair - no expenses barred so I can go (and enjoy) swimming before and after the wedding and still look great. I have had weaves in before and gone swimming in them and they were ok. You just have to brush and braid it before you go swimming and wash it out immediately after. Now I just need to make sure I can get it styled the way I want for the big day.

#404 valentinbride

valentinbride
        • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Anyone considering a lace front? I was wondering about it. I am transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, therefore I don't want any of my hair out. So, I am debating between small micros or a lacefront. But, I was worried about all the glue/tape process because I've never wore one before. Any suggestions/input?

#405 daniepps

daniepps
          • 304 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

I always get weaves but I've never gone swimming with one before. I'm really nervous about how my hair is going to look after I go swimming. The hair I want is already curled so I'm not sure if braiding it will work.

#406 torywedd

torywedd
            • 169 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

black brides have to go thru so much when it comes to our hair, and being on an island w/ water is a whole different story, and no stylist.....whew, its enuff 2 make ya wanna slap someone...... lolol....fortunately my FI has always loved me w/ ultra short hair, i have been this short b4 (he says he can see my face .....so i will be very short for my special day......think along the lines of amber rose, jada pinkett smith-circa 1997/8, google them to see what i mean......

#407 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
              • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thope View Post
                I'm still deciding as well on a style. My friend actually makes lace fronts and sells hair from a boutique in Los Angeles...she is making me a lace front and said trust her it wont come off but she did suggest getting a hair that has some type of wave in it so after a swim you wont have to "do" your hair all the time...Luckily she will be with me I will send back a full report for you brides getting married after May....Love Love Love the rianna hair at the begining of the thread..I may go with that one. I'm also trying to find some pix of BK..her wigs always look good.
                I am waiting to see how your wedding goes. I've got fairly fine/thin strands of hair, but have a lot of kink and frizz! I've been considering doing something like a weave or some type of wig, but I've never had either before. I'm with most of the brides here, wanting to be able to swim and not worry about a hot mess afterwards! I want to enjoy my vacation lol...

#408 vdaybride

vdaybride
                • 1,412 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

I am sooo confused as to what to do with this hair of mine.. I just got a relaxer and I feel that my hair was over processed and I only have a few weeks before the wedding and I feel like it is shedding like crazy. Yes all the drama of our hair does indeed make me want to slap somebody. My stylist is going to to some clip in pieces for me for free and is invited to the wedding, but she does not have her passport in hand and I walk down the aisle in 18 days!! Soooooo aggravating!
                  Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#409 torywedd

torywedd
                  • 169 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

@vdaybride- just relax, relate, and release.....lol...i know it is easier said than done because your big day is right around the corner, hopefully your stylist will get her passport soon, but if not thankfully u will have your clip ins and u can style your own hair, if need be...regardless you are going to be a gorgeous bride

#410 torywedd

torywedd
                    • 169 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:11 AM

@vdaybride- just relax, relate, and release.....lol...i know it is easier said than done because your big day is right around the corner, hopefully your stylist will get her passport soon, but if not thankfully u will have your clip ins and u can style your own hair, if need be...regardless you are going to be a gorgeous bride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users