Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#391 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

Hi ladies,

Love all of the ideas here!!! I just don't know what to do. I have never worn a weave and am thinking about doing it for styling purposes for the wedding and honeymoon. I need something I can swim in and will not put unnecessary stress on my hair. What about a lacefront wig? Can you swim in these?

#392 GregsBride

GregsBride
    • 333 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

I've worn weaves and gone swimming in them before, but I will warn you that unless you get a high quality hair you will definitely have problems with tangling and shedding. I've never worn a lace front before but since they are held on with glue I wouldn't think that it would be a good idea to swim in one. Also, my stylist told me that they can do a lot of damage to your hairline.
      ~Christina

#393 Sheree10

Sheree10
      • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

My time will be here before you know it and I haven't decided what I want to do with my hair. I will either get a few tracks of hair or small invisible braids and have the stylist put some curls in it. Then pin it up or back into a chignon.
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#394 classadiva

classadiva
        • 685 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:56 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by GregsBride
          I've worn weaves and gone swimming in them before, but I will warn you that unless you get a high quality hair you will definitely have problems with tangling and shedding. I've never worn a lace front before but since they are held on with glue I wouldn't think that it would be a good idea to swim in one. Also, my stylist told me that they can do a lot of damage to your hairline.
          Thank you...I guess a weave may be out for me then...I need to be able to get in the water every day.

#395 GregsBride

GregsBride
          • 333 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by classadiva
            Thank you...I guess a weave may be out for me then...I need to be able to get in the water every day.
            I wouldn't rule out weaves because like I said I've worn weaves before and gone swimming with them w/ no problems. But I just wanted to warn you that if you didn't get a high quality hair you might experience problems (i.e.) a lot of the cheaper hair that can be purchased in most beauty supply stores. I plan to have a weave for my wedding and like you I plan to be in the water!!

Just wanted to warn you that you get what you pay for, so buying a 16 inch pack of hair for $15 just might not be the best idea if you know what I mean... The lace front I would definitely rule out.
            ~Christina

#396 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

I agree, high quality hair is the best. Maybe you can get a wet and wavy weave. One that you can straighten for the wedding and then after you can get it wet and it will still look good. I don't know about you all but I don't plan on getting my hair wet until after the wedding. I'm not taking any chances! lol
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#397 thope

thope
              • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'm still deciding as well on a style. My friend actually makes lace fronts and sells hair from a boutique in Los Angeles...she is making me a lace front and said trust her it wont come off but she did suggest getting a hair that has some type of wave in it so after a swim you wont have to "do" your hair all the time...Luckily she will be with me I will send back a full report for you brides getting married after May....Love Love Love the rianna hair at the begining of the thread..I may go with that one. I'm also trying to find some pix of BK..her wigs always look good.

#398 thope

thope
                • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BillysBride
                  I sound like a broken record but..Ebay, Ebay, Ebay! There are quite a few bridal veil retailers there, and I believe I'm getting my bird cage veil from one.
                  Hey Savanah,
                  I see your getting married at Isle Mujeres are you honeymooning there too? Im getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres and trying to decide if we should stay there for a honeymoon...or go to Isle.

#399 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
                  • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Omg I am so glad I found this thread! Hadn't even thought about my hair. I am a weave queen but didn't want to have to fuss with hair, but I feel like my forehead is too big for a complete updo, lol! I'm going to go through some of the links posted for ideas!

#400 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
                    • 344 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

I have very short hair. But letting it grow just enough that I swoop the front. I really want to look beautiful but myself at the same time. So I am going to stay away from extensions. All the pics were beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users