Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#351 Danyelle

Danyelle
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

has anyone posted this link yet? African American Wedding Hairstyles & Hairdos

#352 AnnaC

AnnaC
    • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

I think I've seen this link on here before. Not sure if it was this thread or another one.

#353 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
      • 660 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

They have wonderful hair inspirations!

#354 big3n09

big3n09
        • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:42 AM

Sorry not a hair question but did anyone have to cover any tattoo's or blemishes, if so what did you use?
          4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#355 classadiva

classadiva
          • 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

So glad that I found this thread!! I have never in my life worn a weave. The only reason that I may consider it is because of ease of styling while away from home...plus...I LIVE in the water...no way will I not be poolside prior to the wedding. I am usually a wash and air/dry girl on vacation. Might be a silly question....but what type of hair is best if I would like to swim in it? Thanks.

#356 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
            • 483 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by big3n09
              Sorry not a hair question but did anyone have to cover any tattoo's or blemishes, if so what did you use?
              Do a google search on Dermablend. I plan to use it to cover-up a 3rd degree burn on my chest. I was able to try it out at JCPenney. Dermablend's website has a listing of locations where you can buy their products. I also considered CoverMark, but could not find a store where I could test it out. CoverMark does offer $9.95 sample kits; I ordered a couple but the shades were too light for me. Hope that helps!

#357 big3n09

big3n09
              • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by shortnsweet7675
                Do a google search on Dermablend. I plan to use it to cover-up a 3rd degree burn on my chest. I was able to try it out at JCPenney. Dermablend's website has a listing of locations where you can buy their products. I also considered CoverMark, but could not find a store where I could test it out. CoverMark does offer $9.95 sample kits; I ordered a couple but the shades were too light for me. Hope that helps!
                Thanks! I heard dermablend was good but I also heard it will run if not applied right. I may be your complexion so I am just about to try a few things out, thanks again.

#358 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by classadiva
                  So glad that I found this thread!! I have never in my life worn a weave. The only reason that I may consider it is because of ease of styling while away from home...plus...I LIVE in the water...no way will I not be poolside prior to the wedding. I am usually a wash and air/dry girl on vacation. Might be a silly question....but what type of hair is best if I would like to swim in it? Thanks.
                  Not sure how far you went back through this thread but these ladies have provided some good information. I am hoping my stylist is going to come but she may not. The dress I'm thinking on now I would need to cut my hair again in the back, wear a pin up, or a side ponytail, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Most of the time I wear braids when I'm going to be in water but I don't want to on my wedding day and I have never had a weave either but I will add in a few pieces if needed. I have another friend that's def going that can help me with my hair so that's my backup plan. Good luck to you!

#359 march132010

march132010
                  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by big3n09
                    Not sure how far you went back through this thread but these ladies have provided some good information. I am hoping my stylist is going to come but she may not. The dress I'm thinking on now I would need to cut my hair again in the back, wear a pin up, or a side ponytail, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Most of the time I wear braids when I'm going to be in water but I don't want to on my wedding day and I have never had a weave either but I will add in a few pieces if needed. I have another friend that's def going that can help me with my hair so that's my backup plan. Good luck to you!
                    I'm am wearing micro's because I will be on a 5 day after honeymoon & do not want to do Hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#360 divadivine25

divadivine25
                    • 427 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by march132010
                      I'm am wearing micro's because I will be on a 5 day after honeymoon & do not want to do Hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Good reasoning :.) I did the same thing (invisible braids) and didnt have any problems, no one could even tell that I was wearing braids for the most part and it was so easy to maintain post wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users