Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#221 GregsBride

GregsBride
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

I know I'm a bit late, but Monique I love the style on you!! So FAB :)
    ~Christina

#222 divadivine25

divadivine25
    • 427 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by GregsBride
      I know I'm a bit late, but Monique I love the style on you!! So FAB :)
      Thanks gal! I knew it was fly when FI said that he liked it!!! He never says anything unless he hates the style!

#223 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by divadivine25
        I know right!!!! It looks good and she isnt coming to Jamaica.... That would have totally solved all of my hair problems!

My hair will be similar to hers but with hair left out on the sides and back as well so that I can wear a ponytail.

Now about the makeup, try Sephora, I was able to find some great foundation there, its called Cargo Blu Ray, heres the link:
        Sephora: CARGO blu_ray™ Pressed Powder: Pressed Powder

The plus is that they can get you a sample of anything in the store to try at home :.)
        Ooooo, I'm on it!! Thanks!

I stumbled across some videos at Expert Village. A professional make up artist that does a lot of work with AA models and stars..she has a list of recommendations for wedding day makeup supplies for black women. I'm slowly but surely going down the list with web sites. The down side is that a lot of the stuff is not available in my area, so I'd have to do trial and error with either buying samples to be delivered or the actual products themselves. Could get pricey...dammit.
        Anyone, check out her page...she has quite a few videos. Amanda Backensto - Expert | ExpertVillage VideosShe did say that yes, pricier is, unfortunately, better. lol But hey, at least she didn't toss the names out there like it wouldn't matter to people.

The list of suppliers she recommends for African American skin tones is:

Nars- NARS Cosmetics
        YSL/Yves St. Laurent- YSL Beauty US by Yves Saint Laurent – Official Online Store
        Georgio Armani- Giorgio Armani | Cosmetics and Perfumes official online shopping experience - US only
        Chanel- Chanel.com - Parfums & Beaut

I'm really leaning toward trying the Nars...I like the selection and the products seem ideal for GOOD coverage that is lightweight and breathable...damn Mexico heat is not gonna be jokin. lol There's also an Armani liquid that I really want to try. Just those two will take me to about $100 then the primer...lol. Ya..I think I'll be done, whether I like 'em or not.
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#224 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

Hey Ladies,

So... I decided to have a hair trial today.... Lemme know what you think!

I brought these as my inspiration pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

And this is how it came out: (pardon the towel hanging down... lol)

I went to the local beauty school to have it done so it only cost $15-- I figured it was worth it to see what the style would look like on me... :-) Hoping the "real deal" will be a little better.

#225 divadivine25

divadivine25
          • 427 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
            Hey Ladies,

I went to the local beauty school to have it done so it only cost $15-- I figured it was worth it to see what the style would look like on me... :-) Hoping the "real deal" will be a little better.

Awww!!! How cute!!!!

I think I would add more curls to it though.

#226 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hey Petals...that IS pretty! I like it! I agree with Monique though, a few more/fluffier curls? The profile of it is perfect and very elegant. I just think bigger curls would make it pop more. You look great...we have such pretty sisters here on BDW!
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#227 divadivine25

divadivine25
              • 427 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BillysBride
                Hey Petals...that IS pretty! I like it! I agree with Monique though, a few more/fluffier curls? The profile of it is perfect and very elegant. I just think bigger curls would make it pop more. You look great...we have such pretty sisters here on BDW!
                Thats what I was trying to say, fluffier, lol! Petals, are you opposed to a few pieces to add some more curls?
                And are you wearing a hair flower?

#228 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BillysBride
                  Quote:
                  Awww!!! How cute!!!!

I think I would add more curls to it though.
                  Quote:
                  Thats what I was trying to say, fluffier, lol! Petals, are you opposed to a few pieces to add some more curls?
                  And are you wearing a hair flower?
                  Thanks for the suggestions! Hmm, maybe I will bring a couple pieces to fill it out more.... And it actually started to look cuter as the curls started to fall later in the evening. They did a roller set and just pinned it back.

And I am wearing a hair flower, probably with a birdcage veil that just goes over the right eye. I'll see if I can find a pic. I tried the veil with the hair & it looked nice.

#229 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
                  • 319 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
                    Hey Ladies,

am I blind? I dont see the picture...

#230 m_willis22

m_willis22
                    • 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

@ soon2bwed09--are you on a mac? sometimes there are pic issues b/t mac and pc.

@petals---i think the style is cute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users