This is so fly!!!
    Click the image to open in full size.

#192 divadivine25

divadivine25
    • 427 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BillysBride
      Hey, just to clarify..>QUICK WEAVES ARE NOT TRUE WEAVES! There is no glue, and no stitching. They are called "quick weaves" because of the ease of attaching them. It's basically a wig. You can get either "full cap" or "half". Half is used when you only want the length/fullness from about mid-crown to nape. Full is just like it sounds...full head. They have comb attachments front and back.

I LOVE them because they allow for a lot of versatility with changing up your look (curly, straight, long, short) without time consuming weaving or gluing and NO damage.
      I think that it really depends on where you are in the world Billysbride. What you refer to as a "quick weave" I know of as a half wig. You basically pull your hair back into a ponytail with the exception of the front perimeter and then attach the wig sing the clips. Your hair is then blended with it...voila.

In MY neck of the woods a quick weave is done by molding wet hair with gel till its hard and then attaching wefted track hair with glue to YOUR hair. Depending on the style, some of your hair is left out to cover the tracks or a closure piece is used to close the weave.

#193 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by divadivine25
        I think that it really depends on where you are in the world Billysbride. What you refer to as a "quick weave" I know of as a half wig. You basically pull your hair back into a ponytail with the exception of the front perimeter and then attach the wig sing the clips. Your hair is then blended with it...voila.

In MY neck of the woods a quick weave is done by molding wet hair with gel till its hard and then attaching wefted track hair with glue to YOUR hair. Depending on the style, some of your hair is left out to cover the tracks or a closure piece is used to close the weave.
        lol..definitely geography plays a part here! Half wigs are literal for us. Even in the online stores I frequent...half wigs are literally half wigs. The Quick Weave's I'm talking about are an actual brand name. They say that on the tag and are manufactured by a few different companies that offer them now. One of the most prevalent is Outre`. Big white tag with the style name/number/color and a photo of a model wearing the style and the tag always says "Quick Weave". The same type that lodixon is talking about..those are what I'm used to being referred to as quick weaves. Here they are: http://www.expertwig....uick_Weave.htm and here: http://store.goldenm...om/ouquwen.html

Weave for us covers both attachment types: bonding with glue, OR sewing in the tracks. If you have a sewn in weave, then you stitch it to cornrows. If you are using bonding glue, the hair just needs to be parted row by row (no cornrows) and blended. I wore mine that way for years back in college, but ultimately it was just too painstaking for me as far as maintanence.

I've never heard of anything to do with molding hair with gel! Really, really interesting what varies state to state!

I guess for purposes of being uniform, when we talk about a method we need to start putting a short break down OF that method so we don't confuse people any more than they already are if they aren't familiar with these things. lol Who knew weave could be so damn technical?
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#194 KHarrod

KHarrod
        • 902 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
          This is so fly!!!
          I love this too, Mo we are always thinking alike. Tell you daughter Happy Birthday

#195 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
            This is so fly!!!

Agreed!! I would love a style like this....well minus the hair on the forehead.

#196 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
            • 369 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

For me...

A Quick weave is when they braid your hair underneath, then place a wig cap (stocking cap) over your hair and glue tracks of hair on that....

It's interesting to see all the different terms for hairstyles.

As for my hair, I'm going for my hair coming over my shoulders, all on one side, or some type of side ponytail with a flower. Will try to post pics soon!

#197 Danyelle

Danyelle
              • 368 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by GregsBride

I LOVE THIS ONE!!! Thanks for posting! I love seeing really curly styles!

#198 divadivine25

divadivine25
                • 427 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Kenya! I'll make sure to let her know :.)
                  And that style is so fab!!! Im taking that pic to Jamaica!

#199 lodixon

lodixon
                  • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BillysBride
                    Hey, just to clarify..>QUICK WEAVES ARE NOT TRUE WEAVES! There is no glue, and no stitching. They are called "quick weaves" because of the ease of attaching them. It's basically a wig. You can get either "full cap" or "half". Half is used when you only want the length/fullness from about mid-crown to nape. Full is just like it sounds...full head. They have comb attachments front and back.

I LOVE them because they allow for a lot of versatility with changing up your look (curly, straight, long, short) without time consuming weaving or gluing and NO damage.
                    I guess it depends on where you live. Where I'm from the quick weave that you refer to is a half wig or full wig. I actually went today and had my sewn in and it looks nice but the girl who did it is not a very good stylist. she sewed the weave in very good but she didn't really have a style that I liked. As soon as I learn how to post the pictures I will.

The third one is glued in and that pulled my hair out.

#200 lodixon

lodixon
                    • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Ok it looks af I don't know how to add the photos..stay tuned.lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users