Sign in to follow this  
divadivine25

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Hey ladies,

I have a question actually more about the men and their hair. My fiance is getting his haircut on Tuesday. We leave early on Wednesday. Wedding is Friday. He is really concerned that his "line" won't look good by then. Do your future hubbies have plans to get their haircuts/lines while at your destination? We are skeptical to try a resort barber for this ...

SweetLe - me and my fi were just talking about this. he's bald but is very particular about his goatee line. he's going with our resort barber and hoping for the best. we're getting married in JA and whenever we go he get's a shapeup and he's never had a problem.

If he's really worried, maybe have someone else try the barber out first? If he's anything like my fi, he'd probably rather not get a cut at all then get a bad one.

We left for our trip on a Friday and got married on a Tuesday.  My hubby's hair grew very quickly!  but he was too skeptical to trust the resort to line him up. (we also got married in Mexico).  But it depends on how quick your fi's hair grows.

You can get a lace front like Tyra did. You could also do a partial sew-in so your edges are out.

Originally Posted by Raq87 View Post

Here is the style I would like.. Can anyone give tips on how to achieve this look>gs1_face.jpg

Thanks Ladies,

His hair does grow fast.... He usually gets it cut every week. We are getting married in Mexico, so I don't really know if the resort barbers have much experience cutting black hair. Oh, well, I guess we will see when we get there. I still have to get my hair figured out too- lol- did a trial this past weekend. My stylist talked me into a style with curls on one side, and they were all fallen by night. I think I may just get a side bun- but I still don't know how I want the extensions. Right now, I still have  a few tracks sewed in from the style- and I'm annoyed by them... LOL- I can't get used to wearing weave... But i definitely need more hair for a bun....

My husband (lol that sounds so fuuny) brought his own clipper to touch up his cut.

As for the weave. I dont usually wear it because I have a lot of hair and too much irritates me. My beautician made me clip on tracks. I clipped them in for the wedding hair style and that night before bed I clipped them out. I will post pictures later. It is totally worth it to not be stuck with a head full of weave for your whole trip. Let me know if you have any questions about the clip ins.

Originally Posted by SweetLe View Post

Thanks Ladies,

His hair does grow fast.... He usually gets it cut every week. We are getting married in Mexico, so I don't really know if the resort barbers have much experience cutting black hair. Oh, well, I guess we will see when we get there. I still have to get my hair figured out too- lol- did a trial this past weekend. My stylist talked me into a style with curls on one side, and they were all fallen by night. I think I may just get a side bun- but I still don't know how I want the extensions. Right now, I still have  a few tracks sewed in from the style- and I'm annoyed by them... LOL- I can't get used to wearing weave... But i definitely need more hair for a bun....

My FI started practicing his shape-up months in advance and was able to do his own line the day of the wedding.  he doesnt trust anyone besides his own barber and he knew he wouldn't make the trip so he took matters into his own hands.  I am very particular about this and I was pleased with the job he did!

BrideKSmith,
My stylist didn't seem to know about clip-in tracks... Did you wear an updo? I checked out some you tube videos but I was not really sure where to get them made. Do they stay in place well? My hair is just above my shoulders and thick. I just want a side bun or curls on the side. Nothing to dramatic and not a lot of tracks. Can't wait to see your pictures- it sounds great to be able to take them out and not have to wear them the whole week. 

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

My husband (lol that sounds so fuuny) brought his own clipper to touch up his cut.

As for the weave. I dont usually wear it because I have a lot of hair and too much irritates me. My beautician made me clip on tracks. I clipped them in for the wedding hair style and that night before bed I clipped them out. I will post pictures later. It is totally worth it to not be stuck with a head full of weave for your whole trip. Let me know if you have any questions about the clip ins.