Sign in to follow this  
divadivine25

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

Hey chocolate ladies!  Although I am not totally set on my hair, I do need some make-up advice.  I will likely end up doing my own make-up so I know I need to do some trials.  Need suggestions on products for semi-oily skin, where to go, techniques etc.  I'm a little nervous about depending solely on the resort so I need to have a clue before I leave.  Please give any suggestions you all have.

Thanks!

I am a fan of MAC because they offer both liquid and powder foundations that last. The have one that lasts for 8 hours and another that last for 16 hours.  They also have an oil control moisturizer that really reduces shine and the ladies at the counter are always there to help.  I stopped by the MAC counter at Macy's and there was a women who was doing a makeup trial for her wedding and another women who was there for a training session on a smokey eye with fake eyelashes.   I am also planning on doing a wedding day trial so I can purchase all of the makeup I will need for Jamaica.  Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the info kenwedjam!!  I never used MAK and will try to make an appointment soon.  I just don't want that ashy look on my face with the wrong powder foundation.  I have used clinique, which has pretty good foundation that matches my skin tone completely.  No complaints, but would try MAK.

Originally Posted by kenwedjam0902 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

Hey chocolate ladies!  Although I am not totally set on my hair, I do need some make-up advice.  I will likely end up doing my own make-up so I know I need to do some trials.  Need suggestions on products for semi-oily skin, where to go, techniques etc.  I'm a little nervous about depending solely on the resort so I need to have a clue before I leave.  Please give any suggestions you all have.

Thanks!

I am a fan of MAC because they offer both liquid and powder foundations that last. The have one that lasts for 8 hours and another that last for 16 hours.  They also have an oil control moisturizer that really reduces shine and the ladies at the counter are always there to help.  I stopped by the MAC counter at Macy's and there was a women who was doing a makeup trial for her wedding and another women who was there for a training session on a smokey eye with fake eyelashes.   I am also planning on doing a wedding day trial so I can purchase all of the makeup I will need for Jamaica.  Hope this helps! 

I like this hairstyle farlem...might have to add it to my hair inspiration too when I began searching lol.

Originally Posted by farlem311 View Post

I am thinking about having a sew in with some of my hair out around the edges. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by farlem311 View Post

My hair inspiration  long-wedding-hair12.jpgWhat do you think??

I am wearing my hair the same way.  I saw a video of the clip-ons that someone else posted in this thread.  I think you could make it work. 

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?

Missgomes,

I am the same way.  I love scratching my hair, which is something that can't really be done with a complete sew in.  But my hair lady usually does a sew in with some hair out in between tracks.  This is usually how I have my hair done.  I was just thinking about having the whole head sewed in because I wanted to swim and not worry about my hair.  Im unsure if they have clip ins for our hair.  I don't even know if its good for the hair also. 

Originally Posted by missgomes View Post

I am wearing my hair the same way.  I saw a video of the clip-ons that someone else posted in this thread.  I think you could make it work. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe View Post

So I wanna wear my hair like this frontnialong.jpgor like this sidepony.jpg the problem is I don't want to get a sew in weave, my hair is layered and past my shoulders, but if I was to curl it it wouldn't have the same effect.  Has anyone tried clip-ins?  Would they work?  I can't do sew in's because not being able to touch MY hair gives me anxiety lol. I know I'm a wierdo.  I need to add length and volume, I'm leaning towards clip-ins but do they have those for black hair?