Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• 2 weeks later...

Savannah....good question. No idea. So, I've decided to go with a sew in and I'm just praying its going to be cute.

Imapepper....I heard Remy is good too. That's the kind of hair I will be purchasing for my sew in. I'm sure its expensive. We shall see.

Remy is fine if you're ordering on your own, online or whatever. From what I remember, the only thing that makes it so special is that it's all the same grain. In other words, the follicles are all one direction cuz it supposedly comes from one "doner". Yea, right. I personally don't believe all that stuff is human anyway, so whatever. haha! There are some bald headed indigenous folk walkin round somewhere....

Holy crap, Pepper- you are really in the count down stage! What style(s) are you looking at?

I have a hard time with sew in's. I just feel too...restricted or whatever. They can look amazing, I'm just spoiled at this point and like being able to put it all up, ponytails and what not without worrying about the ridges. I also like being able to show a lil' scalp/part. AND I change my hair too much. That would be wasted effort and money with a sew in for me.

I agree that sew ins are kind of restricting but I guess I'll just have to deal with it for a week. It'll be fine. As long as its cute. That's all I care about!

That style is sooo cute on Monique. I'm noticing that look of the ponytail to the side looks fabulous on EVERYONE! I have yet to see a bride wear that style and not look beautiful with it. Do you guys think that look would work with a birdcage veil??

Unfortunately I cannot do the invisible braids because my hair is simply too long. I'd have to get it cut. But Monique....I think you've found your style girlfriend!!

Hi girls! I am so glad I found this thread! Monique's side ponytail looks great on her. I think I am going to do a side part and wear back in some sort of bun/chignon. I also like the side ponytail look so idk...

I am also wearing a bird cage veil so not sure how the side ponytail will look. Any thoughts?

For you weave pros out there my hair is not long enough to look full in a bun. So would I need to get a sew in to obtain a full bun or can I just get clip ins or one of those pony tails that have the elastichuh.gif Help!

Thanks!

Mesita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahbride09 View Post
Monique has been banned but asked me to post the updated hair pics for you all! Dont worry, it was just for 30 days, lol! Heres a few and I can answer any questions that you may have for her :.)

So here are the completed invisible braids:
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the hair trial done based on the picture of Nia Long:

First the hair was cut in long layers and curled:

Then it was pinned and all that jazz:

She was very pleased with the results!! The hair used was Milkey Way bulk hair. Let me know if you have any questions.

OOOh, please thank her for updating us! We were dying here! And let her know we can't wait for her return.

That hair style turned out FANTASTIC! I love it! It's so bridal-chic. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensatori Bride View Post
Hi girls! I am so glad I found this thread! Monique's side ponytail looks great on her. I think I am going to do a side part and wear back in some sort of bun/chignon. I also like the side ponytail look so idk...

I am also wearing a bird cage veil so not sure how the side ponytail will look. Any thoughts?

For you weave pros out there my hair is not long enough to look full in a bun. So would I need to get a sew in to obtain a full bun or can I just get clip ins or one of those pony tails that have the elastichuh.gif Help!

Thanks!
Mesita
Hey Mesita! Wow, your day is fast approaching!! You gotta be so excited--I'm insanely jealous girl.

OK..I definitely would NOT recommend a sew in for a bun. The buldges would hamper your trying to get that sleek bun look. To be honest, if you're just wanting that look for the day of--your best bet is an actual bun piece! They sell them and they can look AMAZING since they give you the option of doing a side or middle part. Full range of color, braided buns, twists, or just chignons! Don't worry-they should all have comb attachments and some even have draw string on top of that to securely hold them. Them things ain't goin' NO.WHERE. lol

Monica's wedding day look TOTALLY sold me on doing a bird cage veil. I honestly think that depending on the type of veil, you can definitely do a side ponytail and have it look beautiful. I'm actually thinking of sweeping mine to the side, attaching a flower behind one ear and doing the birdcage veil on top, but mostly over one side of my face. I hadn't really thought about it before, but seeing how elegant hers looked amazed me--just really set off her bridal look! I'm still debating on just what I'll do with my hair, but I'm pretty sure I'll just bring supplies for a couple of different looks and decide the day before. In case I get up that morning and stuff just ain't workin' right, I'll have some back up material with me.

Here, try this site, though there are tons others as well as just walking into your averge black hair corner store. The link should take you directly to the bun section (I hope): Hair Sisters.com