Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Debra~ View Post
You sound like me...not waiting to have braids on the wedding day so I suggest the sew in. I see your in Indiana, which isnt far from me. What city do you live in? I've been trying to find someone who does a GREAT sew in here and for the life of me, I cant!
Girl, I'm still looking for that GREAT stylist! I changed beauticians once I began transitioning as my beautician specialized in short cuts. The girl who did my last sew in was ok, but I wouldnt have her to do another one for me. I am searching though, Ill keep you posted!

I'm in the same predicament. I have a perm but I just recently cut my hair in a chin length bob. I know I shouldn't have, but I wanted my hair short so bad. Now I have to get tracks but I don't have much experience with weaves, only braids. My FI made it clear he does not want to see me in braids, lol. The one time I had tracks put in for a friend's wedding, I literally wanted to pull my hair out, it was not comfortable. I'm worried about wearing my hair down because of the humidity but then I am not sure about wearing my hair up either.

Hi DivaDivine

I wish I could give you some good advice, but I am in the same predicament. msncry.gif I have no clue what I am going to do with my hair! My hair is natural so I was thinking of getting it pressed straight when I got there, but as we all know as soon as any humidity or water touches it it's over! I really didn't want to get braids or a weave, but it looks like I may have to go this route. I don't think I could avoid the water if I wanted to. I am a caribbean girl at heart, and to not go in the water is unheard of for me. Ugh! If I find any alternatives or nice styles I will be sure to post them.

• 1 month later...

Hey Diva, Hey Ladies,

I am in the SAME position!! I don't know what I'm going to do. I have to be in Cancun 4 days before the wedding. There's no way in the world i won't be in the water! I thought my only option was micros but that's not me at all! I do like those invisible twist. My hair is short now but I was going to let it grow out. Diva, how short does your hair have to be in order for those invisible braids to look nice? Since the last post, has anyone found any solutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc0427 View Post
Hey Diva, Hey Ladies,
I am in the SAME position!! I don't know what I'm going to do. I have to be in Cancun 4 days before the wedding. There's no way in the world i won't be in the water! I thought my only option was micros but that's not me at all! I do like those invisible twist. My hair is short now but I was going to let it grow out. Diva, how short does your hair have to be in order for those invisible braids to look nice? Since the last post, has anyone found any solutions?
Hey there sweetie! My hair was about 3 1/2 inches long when I had the invisible braids done and I liked them a lot. She explained to me that they worked better with shorter hair. Theres also a technique called tree braiding for longer hair that will yield the same result.

I've decided to wear a sew in for the wedding and then have the salon at the Riu style my hair the day of. This way if it gets wet before hand it wont matter much. I do plan to splurge on some good hair though :.)

• 1 month later...

So heres the update!

The plan was to be relaxer free and that didnt work out as planned, so I relaxed me hair 4 weeks ago. The wedding is about 6 months away, so in the meantime I do plan to wear a sew in and allow my hair to grow some more.

The week before the wedding Ill have it removed and get a fresh one for the wedding. For all the brides that have married already, please post pics of what worked on your wedding day!

Thanks for this thread. I have no idea what to do with my hair. I do not want to look back at pictures with my hair in braids and I have never worn a weave. I am getting married in June, so I have a little time to experiment. I thought of the Diva route and not get my hair wait for 3 days. I also think that is unrealistic to think I will not get wait for 3 days; I do want to enjoy myself. I agree please post pictures if you have already had your wedding.

Hello Ladies,

This is a great topic. I am so glad that I am not the only one with this issue. I have not worn weave before but I know that me going to Jamaica for almost two weeks with no one to do my hair was not going to work. I have been contempating what was going to do with my hair and my options were a sew in, a front lace wig, or infusion. I think I have come to decision of sew in. I chose this because I heard that infusion works better for natural hair and my beautican said that it could damage my hair which is a big no-no for me. I want to be able to get in the water and really have fun so I am afriad of the front lace wig. I did hear that they were really really nice but I have don't know if you can get in the water with it. I think so sew in is the winner for right now. I would love to see some pics if someone doesn't mind? Thanks for the topic.

I heard that if you want to get in the water its better have a lace front wig rather than a sew in. Do you guys think this is true? I decided that I don't want braids either and I've decided on a lace front wig. I'll just splurge and get really good hair and then have them style my hair at the salon at the hotel. I agree though...any pics....PLEASE POST!