Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Uhmm.. usually I just have my hair in 2 braids that go to the back because I've been running alot since I'm training for a half-marathon. I would say that some of my hair is curly in the front and the curls get smaller as they go to the back, and for some reason I have strays of straight hair if I let it air dry, so it would look like a shortish curly fro. But if I take my braids out right now, it will be kinda straight, where I can where a HUGE fro'.

• 1 month later...

Ok ladies...i've fully committed to the lace front..after reading this i am now scared its going to slide back. My only saving grace is my girl who is the wholesaler is coming with me and bringing the tools..she has assured me everything will be fine and if you have the proper glue etc sweating dosent matter..we shall see..shots.gifmy d day is 17days away I'll have a full report...cheer2.gif

Oooh I just love this thread, I talk hair all day!! (i even blog about it lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceysbride View Post
I know the feeling- I'm about to put in a texturizer right now. My hair just got sooo thick over the years that even I can't handle doing it. And when I do go to a salon it's always a nightmare because I lose length due to them ripping at my hair to detangle it. I was in tears the last time I came from the salon. And I don't have....grrrrr hate using the phrase...bad hair, but the domincan ladies were all 'pelo malo' (as if I didn't know any spanish) and trying to get me to relax it. I lost 3 inches PLUS what had to be trimmed for splits that day cause the lady was just ripping the comb through my hair trying to detangle it.

I'm leaning more and more towards a weave, thinking remy saga. Am visiting Philly (half bz half pleasure) and the stores here all have remi by outre. I wonder if it's the same quality?

Anyone else used the remi by outre and have any comments or reviews?

I'm so sorry about your salon experience. I think the person doing your hair was just not qualified to do so. Also, you may want to ask if you can detangle it on your own when in salons to avoid that. I'm totally DIY with my hair now but when I was a salon goer and they started to put a comb to my head, I'd just say "oh i got it" and whip out my wide tooth comb from my purse and go to town (GENTLY) on my tangles. Maybe next time?

Oh and I'm no weave pro, but I recently did a shoot for Get REMI and HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS and FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING on PREMIUM QUALITY HAIR and they used their 100% human renoir remy hair and it was incredible. When I felt all my hair at once i didn't know what was mine and what was the clip ins! Crazy. Anyway, they don't have only clip ins, it's good stuff. They're based in NYC but ship all over. Maybe that could be an option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post

Also, for all the natural ladies you may want to join Napputrality.com its a hair forum all about natural hair.

Love nappturality!! I'm also on the forums at naturallycurly.... nice vibe there.

LHCF the longhaircareforums are also a great place to go for info on hair that's relaxed or natural....i'm addicted to hair, i told you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBride1981 View Post
Here is the style that I will have for my wedding. I went to the salon on Saturday. Got a relaxer and roller set. I showed her the picture and she seemed to be confident that the dominican ladies in DR would be able to replicate. Crossing my fingers but I made an appointment with her for the day before we fly out. Will be using Remi hair @ $70 per pack (she said to get 2!) Yikes!!!

Let me know what you guys think of the style.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_V1lwqeUfdkc/S5...20-%20Copy.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creoletexan View Post
Hello ladies, I am looking for some advice. I have a BD shoot this friday and since I have natural hair, I'm looking for suggestions on how to wear it.
Maybe a braidout so it'll be nice and uniformly curly and you can put it down, half up, or up for each set...?

Danyelle thanks so much for your post. I have never worn weave or anything but I know for my wedding day I wanted to have my hair a bit longer. My hair just never seems to get too far south of my bra strap and I wanted to add some length to it for wedding day. I have been completely lost. My hair stylist doesn't do extensions or anything of that sort, just blow outs and my friends just don't have my type of hair so turning to them is useless. I was thinking about clip ins but was unsure where to look or even what brand to look into. I am gonna see if I can find a store in Miami that carries the remy renoir. My hardest thing will probably be matching my hair color. Thank you, thank you, thank you though cause I feel like at least I have some direction now.