Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

Hi,

I have natural hair that is REALLY long(down to the middle of my back) and I usually wear a mix of flat twists and braids. My friends and my sis have threatened to strangle me with my braids if I wear it the same way to my wedding! I am getting married in Cancun in August and just started stressing because everyone is insisting that I do something different.

I have had the same hairstyle for about 8 or 9 years because it is so easy to do. My hair is very very curly but my scalp is sensitive so that is why I went natural, my scalp was always in scabs from the relaxer. I am afraid to try a weave because of the itching and we are going a full week ahead of the wedding so it won't look fresh.

I am glad to find this thread because it has a lot of good ideas. I just wish I knew if they could do a blow out and then an updo, or even half up half down but who knows how long that would last... I would love to just do the usual but I guess wedding should be special! thanks for the ideas keep them coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceysbride View Post
shortnsweet- what brand of hair did you use? I'm thinking remy saga (i believe that's milky way- don't know a ton about hair extensions though) but there's another brand that I've heard okay things about. Was wondering what you went with?

Can not decide if I will have my (natural, thick, and curly too boot) hair corn rowed in something intricate and wear a lace front on the 'important' days, or if I will do a sew in, or what. I'm leaning more towards sew in- but I want to swim!
I used Milky Way - Remy Saga premium 100% human hair (color 1B), 14â€. I believe it's the same hair you are thinking of using. There is another brand called "Remy" that people say is good. As long as you get a good quality hair, you should be fine swimming in it.

I'm so confused as to what to do. I wanted long hair especially for the TTD but I might end up leaving my short cut for the wedding and getting a birdcage veil. It might give me an edgier look. but with the weave I wanted to be able to get in the water and have a great time without having to worry about how my hair is gonna look later.

I will be in DR and I'm sure they can handle the styling my hair. However, I don't want to get my hair done everyday and I want to enjoy the water activities. So I'm looking towards a weave now.

But thanks ladies for all the ideas and suggestions. I guess I have a little time to think it over. Keep posting the ideas maybe something will come to mind. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmoodyr View Post
I'm getting a few tracks sewn ..to make my hair more even on the sides .. the back is longer .. and I'm going to the dominicans the day before we leave lol ..no water activities until after the wedding..then I'm going all in

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing!! lol Just making sure it's done right before and then after the wedding just go crazy!!! lol

This thread is great! Hair was on of the things that I have been worrying about as we begin to plan our DW. I had the thought that many have suggested before, i.e., to have my hair permed and have some tracks put in and then have it styled once I got to Mexico. We haven't decided which resort we will be using as yet, but I am now beginning to lean toward the one's that are being recommended as having hair stylists that know how to work with chocolate hair. Yes it is that important. Thanks ladies.

So I was with my hairdresser last night and we were just brainstorming on different ideas to do my hair. My hair is in invisible braids (wet and wavy) majority of the time becuase I hate having to straigten it all the time to blend in with weave. and I know for a fact that i will be swimming which will make it worse because my hair does not do well with water with or without a relaxer. I'm soo confused! She was thinking maybe micro invisible around the outside and weave in the middle with remi hair?

Oh and also for the girls who were asking about the front lace wigs... I wore one before and I really like it... it looks awesome.. but i thought it was too much work because in order for your hairline not to get damaged you have to take it off and re dofrequently... but I don't think I would recommend it on the island because if you sweat alot it slides back

So two weeks ago I broke down and relaxed my hair after being "natural" for a year. My hair was not doing well! Much more manageable when relaxed (at least for me). So I am going to do a hair trial next week. I'm getting a sew-in with 14" body wave (I'm not going to use quality hair like remy saga b/c it's just a trial). If I don't like that then I will definitely settle for invisible braids. Time is ticking! I only have 2 months and 2 weeks!!!