Jump to content

Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort


  • Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#881 lucasdrotar12

lucasdrotar12
  • Newbie
  • 12 posts

    Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

    Hey all, I just recieved an email today that informed me Mara is no longer working at the resort, and a women named Elizabeth was taking over her clients.  Has anyone else heard of this?  She says my date is confirmed, but I have to resend my form with all my choices.  :(  This resort seems to have problems with it's WC's...........hmm. 



    #882 samcalv1

    samcalv1
    • Jr. Member
    • 300 posts

      Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

      No I haven't heard anything... When is your wedding date????
       

      Originally Posted by lucasdrotar12 

      Hey all, I just recieved an email today that informed me Mara is no longer working at the resort, and a women named Elizabeth was taking over her clients.  Has anyone else heard of this?  She says my date is confirmed, but I have to resend my form with all my choices.  :(  This resort seems to have problems with it's WC's...........hmm. 



       



      #883 janette34

      janette34
      • Jr. Member
      • 417 posts

        Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

        Vancity Bride:

         

        I was at the Grand Sunset Princess from April 2 - 9 both sides are the same and both sides have access to all the pools, restaurants & bars.  The only thing that is different is which lobby you check into too.  The resort is beautiful and I'm sure you'll  have a fantastic time.  Although I didn't get to see any of the weddings taking place I saw numerous brides throughout the week.



        #884 April2011Bride

        April2011Bride
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

          Hey ladies,The

           

          I wouldn't worry about the wedding coordinators. I was talking to a local and he stated that the staff usually turns over every 3 months due to contractual obligations. This is not uncommon. No worries. As I was planning I saw 3 wedding coordinators go through the grand sunset/riviera hotel.

           

          The resort is all wrapped into one. I thought we were suppose to stay on the GSP side but most of our guests ended up being on the Riviera side. Both are equally as beautiful and you do have access to everything on either side.

           

          Hope this helps.

           

           



          #885 lucasdrotar12

          lucasdrotar12
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:31 PM


            January 26, 2012, Mara was suppose to be the WC. 
             

            Originally Posted by samcalv1 

            No I haven't heard anything... When is your wedding date????
             



             



             



            #886 VancityBride

            VancityBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 152 posts

              Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:39 AM


              Awesome.. Thanks!!  I was a little concerned.  How was the distance from the lobby to the beach.. ive been hearing that it is quite the walk.. is that true??

              Originally Posted by janette34 

              Vancity Bride:

               

              I was at the Grand Sunset Princess from April 2 - 9 both sides are the same and both sides have access to all the pools, restaurants & bars.  The only thing that is different is which lobby you check into too.  The resort is beautiful and I'm sure you'll  have a fantastic time.  Although I didn't get to see any of the weddings taking place I saw numerous brides throughout the week.



               



              #887 kristy1980

              kristy1980
              • Newbie
              • 37 posts

                Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

                VancityBride - I read a lot of reviews on tripadvisor.com where people complained about the walk from the lobby to the beach, and made a point to do this walk to see if it really was a big deal. I thought the walk was really nice and it only took 10mins at the most. There are carts/trolley things that you can get on for the times you don't feel like walking, but sometimes I found the wait was longer than the walk. I guess it depends on what you feel like doing... I didn't mind the walk and didn't find it too long :)

                I REALLY want to go back!!!! It was perfect :)



                #888 takelly

                takelly
                • Site Supporter
                • 62 posts

                  Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

                  Great news for those that were interested in the Gazebo.  My TA just received confirmation that the Riviera Gazebo opened two weeks ago.  The resort now wants confirmation on which gazebo I prefer - Riviera vs Chill Out.  I assume this means that they are keeping both!

                   



                  #889 samcalv1

                  samcalv1
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 300 posts

                    Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:40 AM


                    Great news Tammy I am so happy happy happy lol xxx Really wanted the Gazebo too... How are all your arrangements coming along xxxx
                     

                    Originally Posted by takelly 

                    Great news for those that were interested in the Gazebo.  My TA just received confirmation that the Riviera Gazebo opened two weeks ago.  The resort now wants confirmation on which gazebo I prefer - Riviera vs Chill Out.  I assume this means that they are keeping both!

                     



                     



                    #890 lea_rai

                    lea_rai
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

                      Hi everyone!  Here's the link to our Professional Pics... I'm having a bit of trouble writing a review on here but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  Especially if you and your guests are staying on the Riviera side.  We had quite a few issues with our 'Platinum Rooms'.  We were down there from April 1st - 10th.

                       

                      The wedding itself was absolutely beautiful and Alejandra, our WC, was awesome!

                       

                      http://www.juanphotos.com/blog/?p=11781

                       

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users