Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#331 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

Amandseth, we arrive on your wedding day! So we will definetely see you out that night! We'll for sure be checking out the disco.

#332 sasse75

sasse75
    • 168 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amandseth
      tcram, we had initially wanted the Mexican restaurant for the same reason. But since we came in over the surprise 40 person minimum, I told her we'd consider another restaurant in order to be accommodated. So we got stuck with the Fondue. I've thought about it though, and I think it'll be fun. Most people have never had a dinner fondue, plus it will buy us more time in the restaurant as fondue typically takes awhile to eat since you cook it at your table. Since we don't have set plans for after dinner, this seems like a good trade off. We have chosen the shrimp/salmon plate, but are allowed to opt for the chicken dish for our guests who don't eat seafood. So I've had to do a tally of what everyone will eat, but it's worked out ok. I'm sure they would give you the same option with the other restaurants...
      See you there!! :)
      I had also thought about the fondue since I was reading reviews about it on another site somewhere....the only thing I had heard just as a heads up is that you don't actually cook your meal in oil or broth....its more of a cheese dip kinda thing. Not sure if its true or not but you might want to double check!

#333 AshleyBrendan

AshleyBrendan
      • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sasse75
        I had also thought about the fondue since I was reading reviews about it on another site somewhere....the only thing I had heard just as a heads up is that you don't actually cook your meal in oil or broth....its more of a cheese dip kinda thing. Not sure if its true or not but you might want to double check!
        You are right sasse. When I was there February 2008 it was a cheese fondue. We were actually really disapointed in it. It was some sort of melted mozzerella cheese that was really stringy and hard to pick up.

The chocolate fondue for dessert was AMAZING though!

Our favourite was actually the Japanese (Teppanyaki Table). I asked about this when we were booking and they said it is available, but you have to pay 25$ for people who are not in a delux junior suite. It was really fun and great food.

#334 amandseth

amandseth
        • 218 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Awww, damn. I was really looking forward to it being a real fondue. Oh well, I guess we're stuck with it now. Will just have to make the best of it. How disappointing!!

Will look forward to the dessert!!

Thanks for the info, ladies! :)
          Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
          http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#335 suntansam

suntansam
          • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

hey does anyone know how much it is to get your hair done at the resort?
            I really wanted all the bridesmaids and moms to go together.....

#336 sasse75

sasse75
            • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Not yet I plan on following up with the resort on this....Patricia has given me a contact in the salon. When I have something I can share!

#337 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
              • 104 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by suntansam
                hey does anyone know how much it is to get your hair done at the resort?
                I really wanted all the bridesmaids and moms to go together.....
                I have a spa price list. If you PM me with your personal address I will email it to you.

#338 sunseeker

sunseeker
                • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to vent but I too have ran into some issues. We have our wedding scheduled for Dec10th we booked it in March. We choose a destination wedding because it would be simple, informal, and gorgeous. We didn’t think we would have so many guests, but right now, 70 people have put down deposits. We were also told that this is too many people for an ala carte dinner and we are forced to pay for a private reception. Being left with no other choice we agreed to this. Since then we have now been informed that there will be absolutely no drink service. If we wish to have any beverages available for our guests we must pay for an open bar. This will add another $3400! Not to mention the fact that every time I have received an additional service price list, the amounts have gone up. So please if you are committed to this resort, get all your costs nailed down and in writing ASAP, it will save you a lot of surprises.

#339 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                  • 631 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

Not getting married for at least a year, but I know for sure the general area I want the resort in and we have agreed to no official reception while in Mexico. Ceremony/vacation/honeymoon only and we will deal with a big reception here upon our return home. After reading this forum, I am standing firm on that decision because it seems that a reception there is a bigger headache than convincing my finance's family that a DW is what WE want and not just what I want. :o) Gotta love future in-laws!
                    Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
                    At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
                    25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#340 sasse75

sasse75
                    • 168 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sunseeker
                      Sorry to vent but I too have ran into some issues. We have our wedding scheduled for Dec10th we booked it in March. We choose a destination wedding because it would be simple, informal, and gorgeous. We didn’t think we would have so many guests, but right now, 70 people have put down deposits. We were also told that this is too many people for an ala carte dinner and we are forced to pay for a private reception. Being left with no other choice we agreed to this. Since then we have now been informed that there will be absolutely no drink service. If we wish to have any beverages available for our guests we must pay for an open bar. This will add another $3400! Not to mention the fact that every time I have received an additional service price list, the amounts have gone up. So please if you are committed to this resort, get all your costs nailed down and in writing ASAP, it will save you a lot of surprises.
                      I'm so sorry to hear that! What private reception choice have you gone with? Have you considered moving your reception off of the resort? Or at the very least bluffing that you will?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users