Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#281 amandseth

amandseth
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hey all! I'm so excited! Got the flower, cake and menu options this week! Private message me if you want them! Also, the Grooms and Groomsmens shirts have come in! They are traditional Mexican Guayaberas, and they look fantastic! I got them online from Penners, they were super easy to deal with, and the shirts came from Texas to Edmonton in 5 days. Though some of the shits I ordered (according to their sizing chart) came too big, so order whatever they would normally wear, and not according to the chart.
    Does anyone know if the beach/beach bar 'closes' at any time? Isn't it feasible that after dinner, we could just go party on the beach?? And not pay $80/person?
    Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
    http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#282 sasse75

sasse75
    • 168 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

At most all inclusive resorts the beach bars and pool bars will close down when the sun sets, due the nature of them - so I would expect this resort to be no different. Thats also why they offer it as an add on to your dinner.....$15/pp for domestic drinks.

#283 suntansam

suntansam
      • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:35 AM

is the gala dinner the same as the beach reception dinner?

#284 sasse75

sasse75
        • 168 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be a dinner that you can hold in one of their private banquet rooms?

#285 sasse75

sasse75
          • 168 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandseth
            Hey all! I'm so excited! Got the flower, cake and menu options this week! Private message me if you want them! Also, the Grooms and Groomsmens shirts have come in! They are traditional Mexican Guayaberas, and they look fantastic! I got them online from Penners, they were super easy to deal with, and the shirts came from Texas to Edmonton in 5 days. Though some of the shits I ordered (according to their sizing chart) came too big, so order whatever they would normally wear, and not according to the chart.
            Does anyone know if the beach/beach bar 'closes' at any time? Isn't it feasible that after dinner, we could just go party on the beach?? And not pay $80/person?
            I just sent you a pm for the info that you have....Thanks :)

#286 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
            • 343 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hi Ladies, I know there are several of us on here that are going to be at this resort in November. I started a thread to get a list of everyone who's going to be there and the dates in November so we can meet up with each other. If you haven't already listed your date check out the link and add your names to the list.

Thanks,
              Tiffany
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43375

#287 suntansam

suntansam
              • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

who are the october brides :)

#288 sfsdaf7979sdf

sfsdaf7979sdf
                • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Hi There,

I just got married at this resort - April 28 - I received very good advices here while I was looking for a hotel so I thought I should get back some comments -
                  This hotel is amaizing but remember "you get what you pay for" - you can have a very cheap wedding - go and have dinner at the al carta resturant - then have fun at one of the bars - this option is the basic one and it could cost only $2500 - well if as a bride you do not mind standing up and waiting for a drink in a bar full of stranger - or if you do not mind having your guest party sitting right next to 100 peope (strangers) in a restaurant - well this is your deal -

In our case, we spent a fair amount of money but had a dream wedding - the hotel has a "restaurant on the beach" called Thai Beach Restaurant - they never did a party there before becasuse this is the only resturant that it is not include in the all inclusive - well we got it - just for us (65 people) - 90 US$ per persoan but the resturant is trully amaizing - right on the beach - we had life music - a band of four people - they played in spanish and english - 350US$ per hour - and we had a classical trio playing during the ceremony as well 350US$ per hour -

Overall, I recommend this hotel - very nice people to deal with - our wedding coordinator was "Paty" - but again - "you get what you pay for" - -

Cheers,

Tonya & sergio

#289 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
                  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hello Tonya - do you have any photos you can share with us?
                    Thanks!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sfsdaf7979sdf
                    Hi There,

I just got married at this resort - April 28 - I received very good advices here while I was looking for a hotel so I thought I should get back some comments -
                    This hotel is amaizing but remember "you get what you pay for" - you can have a very cheap wedding - go and have dinner at the al carta resturant - then have fun at one of the bars - this option is the basic one and it could cost only $2500 - well if as a bride you do not mind standing up and waiting for a drink in a bar full of stranger - or if you do not mind having your guest party sitting right next to 100 peope (strangers) in a restaurant - well this is your deal -

In our case, we spent a fair amount of money but had a dream wedding - the hotel has a "restaurant on the beach" called Thai Beach Restaurant - they never did a party there before becasuse this is the only resturant that it is not include in the all inclusive - well we got it - just for us (65 people) - 90 US$ per persoan but the resturant is trully amaizing - right on the beach - we had life music - a band of four people - they played in spanish and english - 350US$ per hour - and we had a classical trio playing during the ceremony as well 350US$ per hour -

Overall, I recommend this hotel - very nice people to deal with - our wedding coordinator was "Paty" - but again - "you get what you pay for" - -

Cheers,

Tonya & sergio

#290 Llama

Llama
                    • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

Gala dinner is separate from the beaach dinner, in a banquet hall. Your choice of three set menus, $36-39 pp. Not sure if that includes a bar for sometime or not...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users