Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#191 dulce_arveja

dulce_arveja
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

HI Everyone,
    I'm a newbie and my fiance and I decided last minute to have our wedding in Mayan Riviera...and we are looking at Grand Riviera or sunset?? I was wondering if they provide a Catholic ceremony And does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts they tell me about this resort. We are planning our wedding date on Oct 24/09.

thanks Trish

#192 sfsdaf7979sdf

sfsdaf7979sdf
    • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hi Allie,
      We are getting married at the GSP in April 28 - I would like to hire one of the live band music options - did you get any response about the carribean trio? -
      On a different note, what's your oppinion about the beach reception? -

BTW, We are from Alberta as well - We live in Edmonton.
      Cheers,
      Tonya
      Hi Ladies!

We're getting married at the GSP in a month and we're wondering if anyone's hired the carribean trio? we're contemplating hiring one for right after the ceremony as we mingle with our cocktails. Suggestions/comments please!!!!

Also- does anyone have suggestions for groomsmen gifts- something more unique than a flask? LOL Altough the boys like their flasks I was hoping there was something more original out there!

Thanks!
      Allie~

#193 nscheatham

nscheatham
      • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

So I have sent several emails to GRP and have gotten no where. Is there anyone else having trouble getting in contact with the wedding coordinator? I am getting a little concern beacause my wedding is June and I don't even have a quote. Any suggestions.

#194 PrincessVal

PrincessVal
        • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hi Tonya!

I'm getting married at GSP on Arpil 29th!!!! I'm getting really excited! We're flying out on April 25th and we'll be there for 2 weeks (one week with the group and 1 week for our honeymoon). So I guess we'lls ee each other down there! I am also from Canada, we are from Ottawa ;-)

Have you finalised all you details yet? Are you doing the beach ceremony or the Gazebo? Which restaurant did you pick for the dinner? Did you book a hair appointment or are you doing it yourself? Are bringing any favors for the guests? I was thinking of buying some things down there cause I won't have room in my luggage for anything!

The countdown is on!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!
          -Valerie

#195 PrincessVal

PrincessVal
          • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi nscheatham,

It seems like Damares is not there anymore but the new girl, Diana is very good and quick to reply. Here is her email address: bodas.riviera@princess-hotels.com

Hope this helps!
            -Valerie

#196 nscheatham

nscheatham
            • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hi, PrincessVal

How long did it take Diana to get back with you? Both my travel agent and I e-mailed her last week and still no response.

#197 envision4evr

envision4evr
              • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Hi ladies!!! I am new to this forum....I chose to get married in GSP since my fiance proposed to me there last year...I picked February 2010.....Now our families are worried over the drug wars they are having out there as well as the kidnappings...I spoke to the wedding coordinator and she said the resorts are the safest places to be in but I am concerned about some of our family not going because they are scared...Any suggestions??

As for GSP, it is a beautiful resort...Ive been there twice and I never want to leave....I feel that they have to many restrictions as the wedding goes and at times I feel that they are a little disorganized but you have to take into consideration that they are a new resort.

I've been thinking of getting an outside wedding planner because GSP only provides you with all the basics and I want my decor to stand out.

I have GSP wedding packages and some pics if anyone is interested!!!

#198 nscheatham

nscheatham
                • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hey Ladies

Has anyone do a legalize ceremony with the minister? If so, how did that go? Any advice. My main concern is the order of the ceremony and the vows. I want to see what she is going to say before she says it and make sure the order of the ceremony goes smoothly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                  Nicole

#199 sfsdaf7979sdf

sfsdaf7979sdf
                  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

Hi Valerie,
                    Have you finalised all you details yet? - we are working on them.

Are you doing the beach ceremony or the Gazebo? - The Gazebo -

Which restaurant did you pick for the dinner? None - we are doing the beach ceremony.

Did you book a hair appointment or are you doing it yourself? - I have not made yet but I am planning to do trial - hopefull around the 24. We will be arriving there on the 19.

Are bringing any favors for the guests? - we made a donation to the Alberta Cancer Society - so we will have some cards "from the cancer foundation" attached to some candies from Canada and Colombia (my fiancee is from Colombia) -

We are looking to hire a band - We looked prices outside the resort but they are even higher than the resort- any ideas?

Thanks,

Tonya

#200 Candice

Candice
                    • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well after a month of looking over resorts we finally are settled on the GP resorts not sure which side yet, waiting on prices. I was a little worried to some of the reviews I was reading on tip advisor but all in all the resort looks beautiful!! I am hoping that these bad reviews are wrong.

I recieved wedding information from the WC already and found some stuff to be VERY pricy!! I would LOVE to see any pics that anyone has from this resort espeically any wedding photos. Any other information about the resort I would love to hear about it.

I am from Cambridge ON. We are planning on marrying in April of 2010! I look forward to taking with you all about the GP and planning the wedding!

Tty ladies soon,
                      Candice
                      chesswiese@yahoo.ca
                      50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users