Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1741 bicoastalimages

bicoastalimages
  • Vendor
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hey @eauyeung, in this case it was just how our bride & groom arranged it. You can usually pay for it well in advance on your account, when you arrive or even the day of. I think it's just what you prefer. In this case it just happened to work in our couple's favour as the person working the front desk argued with our bride for 15 minutes that she should just get day passes for us instead of paying a vendor fee (our bride was honest and she got lucky! lol). 

And thanks for the compliments on our photos! :)

#1742 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thanks. That helps. I was hoping it was closer to Playa but I guess 15 minutes isn't bad....

I'm also in Toronto. Well west of Toronto, but I commute to downtown!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1743 eauyeung

eauyeung
    • 7 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 28, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
    • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

@acw271011 No problem! From what I remember the cab ride was pretty quick. It's a beautiful and large resort, and it's also really close to Tulum (30 minutes, I believe).

I'm on the east side and also commute downtown! :)

@bicoastalimages I'll probably just pay everything in advance so I don't have to worry about everything the day of. Your bride got lucky, I believe a day pass is less than the cost of a vendor fee! :)

#1744 Kayla88

Kayla88
    • 163 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral
    • LocationAlberta

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has an extra information that was sent from the resort. I e-mailed a few weeks ago and still have not got a reply. I was wondering about cakes, flowers, extras that you can add on or any other great information you may have.

Thanks!

#1745 eauyeung

eauyeung
    • 7 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 28, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess
    • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

@Kayla88 Hey Kayla, if you PM your email I can send you all the forms/pamphlets they sent me, including the welcome email so you can get an idea of what you'll receive when you do get a response.

I've heard that since it's wedding season they're super behind on responding to inquiries. I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon though.

Mia

#1746 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
    • 678 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
    • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

@julieapril2014

Thanks for sharing your wedding experience.  I'm seriously considering GSP and was wondering if you found there were any mosquitos for the wedding beach party?  We've been there twice before and there lots of mosquitos by the restaurant Las Olas with the fondue.  Just wondering what your experience was.

Thanks so much ;)

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#1747 Sara1603

Sara1603
    • 216 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

@Kayla88 Hey Kayla, if you PM your email I can send you all the forms/pamphlets they sent me, including the welcome email so you can get an idea of what you'll receive when you do get a response.

I've heard that since it's wedding season they're super behind on responding to inquiries. I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon though.

Mia

Hi,
      I am also using this resort Would you mind emailing this information? sara.fortin1603@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!

#1748 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
      • 678 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
      • LocationToronto

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hi Ladies, 

I'm getting married at the Grand Sunset Princess in June 2015 and I'm going back and forth between choosing the Gazebo Riviera and the Sunset Gazebo.  Both have their pros and are so beautiful.  Just wondering how others have been deciding. 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#1749 dockgirl

dockgirl
      • 24 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 25, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
      • LocationGrand Sunset/ Riviera Princess Resort

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

@veryvalero,

My fiancé looked at both gazebo pictures and pointed to the sunset one and said " I want that one! " I was leaning towards the Riviera because a watched two weddings there. He insisted on the Sunset. I said no problem Groomzilla, the Sunset it is. But looking at the reviews I like the privacy better at that one anyway. So many lookie loo's at the Riviera
      @julieapril2014,
      Did you have a place to plug your Bose sound system in or was it rechargeable? That's what I'd like to use instead of a DJ.

Edited by dockgirl, 17 August 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#1750 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Maybe you want to look at this wedding, it was on the right side of the property facing the ocean, It is not in the gazebo but in a private location, happy planning!

http://www.luckiepho...rincess-resort/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users