Jump to content

Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort


  • Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1491 stbKeras

stbKeras
  • Newbie
  • 13 posts

    Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

    Hi Ladies!

     

    I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

     

    Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

     

    Any input would be great!

     

    Thanks!



    #1492 triumphbliss

    triumphbliss
    • Newbie
    • 27 posts

      Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

      Originally Posted by stbKeras 

      Hi Ladies!

       

      I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

       

      Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

       

      Any input would be great!

       

      Thanks!


      Hi stbKeras!

       

      My wedding is July 2 and we currently have the private beach reception with bar/DJ booked after dinner at an a la carte restaurant as well. I've also been hesitant on this because of the same questions you have and its hard to find pictures/feedback on the private beach reception. If you find any answers could you please let me know? And if you go forward with it in April please let me know how it goes!

       

      Thanks!



      #1493 AmandaLei

      AmandaLei
      • Newbie
      • 12 posts

        Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

        Hello! Initially we were planning on the royalty package to include all of the extras but it turns out you will save more money by going with the minimum lowest package and then building it to suit your needs. Sorry that was a typo by me. The chill out lounge reception is $100 per person with a minimum of 40 people. The riviera gazebo is quite public. It's not right in the middle of the resort but is close to one of the beach bars. It is very beautiful though. I actually did not see the sunset gazebo (where we are getting married) but I know it is much more private. Hope that helps!

        #1494 triumphbliss

        triumphbliss
        • Newbie
        • 27 posts

          Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

          Originally Posted by AmandaLei 

          Hello!

          Initially we were planning on the royalty package to include all of the extras but it turns out you will save more money by going with the minimum lowest package and then building it to suit your needs.

          Sorry that was a typo by me. The chill out lounge reception is $100 per person with a minimum of 40 people.

          The riviera gazebo is quite public. It's not right in the middle of the resort but is close to one of the beach bars. It is very beautiful though. I actually did not see the sunset gazebo (where we are getting married) but I know it is much more private.

          Hope that helps!


          Hi AmandaLei!


          Thanks for your info! After reading all the reviews and crunching numbers I actually think we might be switching to do what you just said! We were also originally booked with the Royalty package but we realized we didnt need most of those things anyways!

           

          Thanks for your help and info on the gazebos! Its so great to be able to connect with people here to get the answers you need!! I really appreciate it :)



          #1495 bluelenscaribe

          bluelenscaribe
          • Vendor
          • 194 posts

            Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

            Hi Brides!!!

             

            It is a pleasure to invite you to check our NEW WEBSITE!!!

             

             



            #1496 Brandie28

            Brandie28
            • Newbie
            • 40 posts

              Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

              Originally Posted by stbKeras 

              Hi Ladies!

               

              I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

               

              Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

               

              Any input would be great!

               

              Thanks!

              They do have high tables with no chairs around the tables, but there are some wicker chairs that surround the area for people to sit on. We did the Private Champange Party then did the Chill Out Party.. I would suggest getting the dance floor but then again it's up to you. The Chill Out area was a lot more money but I have to say after our wedding we were so glad we spent the extra money. To this day people say it was the funnest/nicest party the have been to! Good luck! Brandie



              #1497 Emfayed

              Emfayed
              • Site Supporter
              • 25 posts

                Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

                I have yet to read the entire thread, but was wondering if anyone has done the Mayan ceremony.

                 

                Here are more precise questions regarding it.

                 

                1. Is it done in the Gazebo or on the beach?

                2. How does the ceremony unfold? I`ve read that it includes the four elements and that it lasts 40 minutes, but happens during these 40min. 

                3. Can we still recite our own vows during the mayan ceremony?

                4. Does the chaman (not sure how to spell it) speak English or do we need a translator?

                5. What would you prefer, a regular ceremony or the Mayan one?

                 

                Thanks!



                #1498 m8chow

                m8chow
                • Jr. Member
                • 255 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
                • LocationMexico

                Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

                Originally Posted by Emfayed 

                I have yet to read the entire thread, but was wondering if anyone has done the Mayan ceremony.

                 

                Here are more precise questions regarding it.

                 

                1. Is it done in the Gazebo or on the beach?

                2. How does the ceremony unfold? I`ve read that it includes the four elements and that it lasts 40 minutes, but happens during these 40min. 

                3. Can we still recite our own vows during the mayan ceremony?

                4. Does the chaman (not sure how to spell it) speak English or do we need a translator?

                5. What would you prefer, a regular ceremony or the Mayan one?

                 

                Thanks!


                Hi Emfayed,

                 

                I was curious about the ceremony as well and came across this youtube video showing the ceremony.  I watched it with FI and we decided it wasn't for us but it definitely looks like a memorable ceremony for the couple and for all of the guests.

                http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Bnk5plQW9w8



                #1499 stbKeras

                stbKeras
                • Newbie
                • 13 posts

                  Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

                  I talked to Emma and she has agreed to add two large tables & some chairs at no extra charge. We also went with the dance floor.   



                  #1500 Shunzik

                  Shunzik
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 65 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa Del Carmen

                  Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

                  Hi girls,

                   

                     I am trying to find out exactly what the Chill Out lounge is? Is this a private reception on the beach? I really want to have the reception on solid ground so people can wear shoes (not sandals)?? Any help would be appreciated!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users