Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Kelsey & Lauren.... I'm also getting married here on April 12, 2011! How are your plans coming along? I haven't really done much since paying my deposit to secure the date. Definitely interested to hear what you guys are doing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kristy and Kelsey!

What time are you getting married at Kristy? We are at 2pm.....

 

As for other planning, I haven't done much else, I just keep counting down the days! Martha stewart had  cute do not disturb sign for guests at resorts like these, so I printed off a bunch of those for my guests. Next up I am making my invitations! How about you guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, my name is Jessica and I am getting married at the GRP resort December 3 2010. I am looking for information about photographers in the area or even looking for someone that may want to split the cost of one if someone has around the same wedding date as myself. Well thanks for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kristy and Lauren!

We have decided on the Thai restaraunt reception and just the Infinity wedding package since we will be getting married in Canada first.  I also got "playaweddings" to be my photographers! I sent out my save the dates in May how soon should I send out the actual invitations and do I still send one to the ppl I know will not be able to make it?

 

Kelsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by lauren83 View Post

Hi Kristy and Kelsey!

What time are you getting married at Kristy? We are at 2pm.....

 

As for other planning, I haven't done much else, I just keep counting down the days! Martha stewart had  cute do not disturb sign for guests at resorts like these, so I printed off a bunch of those for my guests. Next up I am making my invitations! How about you guys?


Hey Lauren,

We're getting married at 5pm, and after that I don't really have anything planned yet. I know I don't want to do the beach reception or anything too planned or formal. I just don't know where to have the reception dinner and what the options are for what I want. I have my invitations done and pretty much sent out. I ordered some really cute ones from Vista Print and was happy with what I got. I'll definitely be using them again for my AHR details.

I'm counting down the days, too! It seems so far away right now but I know the time will fly. I was trying on wedding dresses yesterday and they were telling me that I would need to be ordering by October! I'm feeling a little stressed about that! Do you have a dress?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Jessa View Post

 

Hello, my name is Jessica and I am getting married at the GRP resort December 3 2010. I am looking for information about photographers in the area or even looking for someone that may want to split the cost of one if someone has around the same wedding date as myself. Well thanks for your time.

 

Hey Jessa,

Congrats on your wedding!

My photography company will fly to the Mayan- go to www.slatephoto.ca or email me at carrie@slatephoto.ca and we can discuss budget...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

 

I recently got married at GRP this past July 1st and would love to share my information as this website was extremely helpful for me.  I will be posting a full review of the resort and wedding day in the review section...not sure exactally where but I will find out.  As for photographers, i did a tonne of research as photo and video were most important to me.  In the end I ended up choosing a member of Claudia Rodriguez's team- Citlalli Rico.  Her main website page is http://www.claudiaphoto.com/photo/ and if you would like to see my photos here is a link to my slideshow: http://citlallirico.myshowit.com/_shellybartek/index.html.  I did initially try to book Claudia but she was booked at that time so i went with another one of her teammates.  Citlalli was amazing!!!  My video was also incredible...done by Claudias husband Mike.  Email me if you would like to see the video, but Claudia can also send you a link to his website to see his work. 

 

As for the resort, everything was good, rehersal dinner at la fondue was amazing...best dinner of the week and we tried almost all a la cartes...definitely a great experience, one our familes wont forget. 

 

For the wedding as you can see from the photos we went with the private beach party and this was worth every penny.  The only think i wish i could have done was tried to pay a bit more for an additional hour of dancing on the beach but had too much wine and forgot to ask for this the day off.  Another thing to remember is although the sun sets later on...it sets quickly so try and get everything done before that happens. 

 

If you have any further questions feel free to email me through the site.  Enjoy!!

 

Ms C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you SO much for posting your pictures!  You don't understand how excited I get when I see new ones!  :)

 

Congratulations, you looked stunning, and the wedding looked amazing! 

 

Did you bring your own cake?  It doesn't look like any of the options I have seen...
 

Originally Posted by Ms Burns View Post

Hello Ladies,

 

I recently got married at GRP this past July 1st and would love to share my information as this website was extremely helpful for me.  I will be posting a full review of the resort and wedding day in the review section...not sure exactally where but I will find out.  As for photographers, i did a tonne of research as photo and video were most important to me.  In the end I ended up choosing a member of Claudia Rodriguez's team- Citlalli Rico.  Her main website page is http://www.claudiaphoto.com/photo/ and if you would like to see my photos here is a link to my slideshow: http://citlallirico.myshowit.com/_shellybartek/index.html.  I did initially try to book Claudia but she was booked at that time so i went with another one of her teammates.  Citlalli was amazing!!!  My video was also incredible...done by Claudias husband Mike.  Email me if you would like to see the video, but Claudia can also send you a link to his website to see his work. 

 

As for the resort, everything was good, rehersal dinner at la fondue was amazing...best dinner of the week and we tried almost all a la cartes...definitely a great experience, one our familes wont forget. 

 

For the wedding as you can see from the photos we went with the private beach party and this was worth every penny.  The only think i wish i could have done was tried to pay a bit more for an additional hour of dancing on the beach but had too much wine and forgot to ask for this the day off.  Another thing to remember is although the sun sets later on...it sets quickly so try and get everything done before that happens. 

 

If you have any further questions feel free to email me through the site.  Enjoy!!

 

Ms C.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wedding was beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Our wedding is 4/1/11 at GRP, so we are still finalizing details. I do have a few questions...

1. did you use the resorts flowers and cake? they were beautiful, and as mentioned above, I don't remember seeing those options

2. how was the music when you walked down the aisle? who controlled it?

3. how was the dj at the reception? I was hoping we could just load up an ipod, but am told this is not an option. they said the dj comes with the sound equipment

 

I appreciate your help!

Amanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful wedding!  Congrats to you and your husband.  Seeing pictures and your review gets me even more excited. We leave in a week!  And we are having our reception dinner at the fondue restaurant.  There are only 20 of us.  Do you think it wil be fairly private there? 

I love your flower too!!!.  Did the resort provide those or did you bring your own?  Very nice wedding.

Angela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×