Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies!

 

I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

 

Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

 

Any input would be great!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by stbKeras View Post

 

Hi Ladies!

 

I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

 

Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

 

Any input would be great!

 

Thanks!

 

Hi stbKeras!

 

My wedding is July 2 and we currently have the private beach reception with bar/DJ booked after dinner at an a la carte restaurant as well. I've also been hesitant on this because of the same questions you have and its hard to find pictures/feedback on the private beach reception. If you find any answers could you please let me know? And if you go forward with it in April please let me know how it goes!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Initially we were planning on the royalty package to include all of the extras but it turns out you will save more money by going with the minimum lowest package and then building it to suit your needs. Sorry that was a typo by me. The chill out lounge reception is $100 per person with a minimum of 40 people. The riviera gazebo is quite public. It's not right in the middle of the resort but is close to one of the beach bars. It is very beautiful though. I actually did not see the sunset gazebo (where we are getting married) but I know it is much more private. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AmandaLei View Post

 

Hello!

 

Initially we were planning on the royalty package to include all of the extras but it turns out you will save more money by going with the minimum lowest package and then building it to suit your needs.

 

Sorry that was a typo by me. The chill out lounge reception is $100 per person with a minimum of 40 people.

 

The riviera gazebo is quite public. It's not right in the middle of the resort but is close to one of the beach bars. It is very beautiful though. I actually did not see the sunset gazebo (where we are getting married) but I know it is much more private.

 

Hope that helps!

 

Hi AmandaLei!

 

Thanks for your info! After reading all the reviews and crunching numbers I actually think we might be switching to do what you just said! We were also originally booked with the Royalty package but we realized we didnt need most of those things anyways!

 

Thanks for your help and info on the gazebos! Its so great to be able to connect with people here to get the answers you need!! I really appreciate it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by stbKeras View Post

 

Hi Ladies!

 

I am getting married May 4/2013. We booked a private beach reception with bar & DJ services. Seems they have high tables included but no chairs. Has anyone else done a private beach reception? I'm worried about my guests not being able to sit down. How hard is it to dance in the sand? Is the dance floor worth getting?

 

Also contemplating the Chill Out lounge...but its a big $ difference.

 

Any input would be great!

 

Thanks!

They do have high tables with no chairs around the tables, but there are some wicker chairs that surround the area for people to sit on. We did the Private Champange Party then did the Chill Out Party.. I would suggest getting the dance floor but then again it's up to you. The Chill Out area was a lot more money but I have to say after our wedding we were so glad we spent the extra money. To this day people say it was the funnest/nicest party the have been to! Good luck! Brandie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to read the entire thread, but was wondering if anyone has done the Mayan ceremony.

 

Here are more precise questions regarding it.

 

1. Is it done in the Gazebo or on the beach?

2. How does the ceremony unfold? I`ve read that it includes the four elements and that it lasts 40 minutes, but happens during these 40min. 

3. Can we still recite our own vows during the mayan ceremony?

4. Does the chaman (not sure how to spell it) speak English or do we need a translator?

5. What would you prefer, a regular ceremony or the Mayan one?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Emfayed View Post

 

I have yet to read the entire thread, but was wondering if anyone has done the Mayan ceremony.

 

Here are more precise questions regarding it.

 

1. Is it done in the Gazebo or on the beach?

2. How does the ceremony unfold? I`ve read that it includes the four elements and that it lasts 40 minutes, but happens during these 40min. 

3. Can we still recite our own vows during the mayan ceremony?

4. Does the chaman (not sure how to spell it) speak English or do we need a translator?

5. What would you prefer, a regular ceremony or the Mayan one?

 

Thanks!

 

Hi Emfayed,

 

I was curious about the ceremony as well and came across this youtube video showing the ceremony.  I watched it with FI and we decided it wasn't for us but it definitely looks like a memorable ceremony for the couple and for all of the guests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnk5plQW9w8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls,

 

   I am trying to find out exactly what the Chill Out lounge is? Is this a private reception on the beach? I really want to have the reception on solid ground so people can wear shoes (not sandals)?? Any help would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×