Grand Sunset Princess Resort

Hi there just wondering if any of you ladies have decided a cake flavour choice? My father in law doesnt like chocolate and tropical fruit flavour sounds good but not sure what that is? I googled 3 milks flavour and its a vanilla based with 3 types of milk soaked in the cake?
Need help please.
Thanks,

Zoe

Hi jzanthony,

The 3 milk cake is AMAZING! I visited GSP in July and tried the 3 milk while I was there. It's a SUPER moist cake that is kinda comparable to a Tiramisu in texture (not in falvor of course). I am getting married in April and that is what I am getting for my wedding cake.

Hope that helps! :)

Originally Posted by jzanthony View Post

Hi there just wondering if any of you ladies have decided a cake flavour choice? My father in law doesnt like chocolate and tropical fruit flavour sounds good but not sure what that is? I googled 3 milks flavour and its a vanilla based with 3 types of milk soaked in the cake?
Need help please.
Thanks,

Zoe

Hi FranticBride,

I haven't been on this forum in awhile and I was just catching up on everything I missed.... I read that you have an awesome wedding website?! Do you mind sharing it? I would LOVE to see it. I am in the process of starting mine and I am clueless where to start and I thought it would be perfect to see what other brides at the same resort are doing for thiers.  If you don't want to post it on here my email is: bmariex26@comcast.net

Thanks,

hope to hear from you soon! :)

Olaaa FranticBride!!

How are ya? Its been a while since we have chatted. Things on your end seem to be going smooth. Can you believe were only 6 weeks away??!! Its happening so fast.

My end is so so. I still have to finish up some last min details as well. We just got the boys pants, now all they need is there shoes and shirts. The girls are done, I am pretty much done, have my final fitting in April. So yah its just a few little things, but those little things still are stressful. I am half done my gifts for my BM, i am having a hard time. I found them these really cute flower earings that i got, and i founf online these personalized flips flops that i am thinking of ordering too. I dont want to go over board even though there is so much that i want to get for them, but i did already purchase some of there BM dress, so i am thinking that the earings and the flips slops should be good. My FI is having a hard time with his boys, he has no idea what to get them. He has a few ideas but isnt sure on what he wants to do. He stag is the same weekend as yours and then mine is the weekend after is whislter too.. i cant believe how fast the time is flying by. Do you know what the girls have planned for you in whistler? We were going to do a pub crawl but the woman who runs its was giving all my girls the run around, so we decided to do our own pub crawl..lol.  What is your theme for the night?

Where did you end up getting you wedding shoes? Did you get white or something sassy??

What have you decided for you hair? I am lost with my hair. I thought that i knew what i wanted but the other night at my dress fitting my MOH told me she didnt really like my hair half up. I am glad she was honest but now im torn. I have a bling hair band and wanted to wear it in my hair half up and curly, but now i have no idea. My BM are doing there hair curl and to one side with flowers in there hair, so i dont really want to do the exact same, i am thinking just having my hair all down and curly. I dont know ne more..lol

I cant believe all the work that your doing for the tables, it sounds like its going to be great. I decided to not do table numbers or anything like that. I am just going to have 2 tables signs that say reserved for family and the rest of our guests can sit wherever. I am already bringing down, shot glasses, red napkins, the 3 vases and sand for the sand ceremony, mr and mrs chair sashes, and some other nick nacs, so i didnt want to over do it on how much i was bringing down.

I forgot what you got for you BM and GM.. what did ya get them again??

Originally Posted by FranticBride2be View Post

Hey Everybody

I think we have everything organized!  I'm just trying to finish off the last few details.  All our guests have fully paid, and we actually had a couple last minute additions to our group. 

I'm half way through making name cards for the tables, half way through table numbers, and have an idea of what I'm doing for programs.  Those are the only crafty things I'm bringing down to mexico.

I just bought my shoes for the wedding, I bought the bridesmaids shoes (they're all different but the same concept), the bridesmaids dresses, and the boys all have their pants.  I also have a really cute hair clip and I know what I want my hair to look like.  I'm going in for my dress fitting tomorrow (yikes), and then I'm all finished up:)

Hows everybody else's planning going?  Are you bringing anything down with you (programs, name cards, to go bags...)

E.

Hey VancityBride:)

I actually hadn't thought about it like that! Only six weeks makes it really scary.  I have the count down on my website, but I hadn't really thought about it. 

The boys on my end don't have their shirts or sandals, but like you, the girls have been done for a while!  I have my final fitting at the end of March, I assume we just carry our dress as carry-on?  For gifts, I bought their shoes, but I found this really great store in Yaletown called 'FineFinds', and I think I'm going to get them each a different necklace or set of earrings from there.  They have some really great local designers that sell their things through the store.  I actually found my earrings there, and I'm getting a local artist to customize a beaded side brooch for my dress.  They also sell all the flipflops/tshirts/guest books, and loads more.  I actually went through their website and saw that they make programs and things and so I've changed ideas, decided not to do as much diy, and have them make those for me.  I also totally changed my mind on the place cards for the tables, and will either get those done at the store, or the manager is now helping me come up with some great simple ideas (mine were looking... messy).  

Aw its too bad you're the weekend after, I thought you were the weekend of:)  My sister's organizing the whole thing, I think we have 10 girls coming up and we got a condo right in the village.  I've been asked to pick out a bright red sexy dress for going out on Saturday, so I know something's up.  We're also going up early on Friday to ski:)  I'm happy that my sister isn't into embarrassing me, so I know it will be fun. 

O I did get my wedding shoes!  They're super sassy:)  They're bright tangerine cork wedges from Michael Kors.  I had to try them on next to C. to make sure I wasn't taller then him:)  They're super cute, and I'll be able to wear them again.  I've got to go out for lunch or shopping with a friend though and wear them around to break them in a bit. 

I know exactly what I want to do for my hair.  I tried copying the image into here but I can't.  Its a really simple, sleek updo with a hair comb (I have swarovski crystal, starfish hair comb) on the side.  I wanted my hair to be up so it makes me look taller, and also because then it will last to the end of the evening.  I thought that if it was windy, and if I was running around, by the end of the night, my hair might look a bit flat.  It can be pretty humid there too, so that's something to think about. 

I'm not doing anything special for the ceremony, we don't really have any traditions.  We did buy our rings though, which was a lot of fun!!

What are you doing for your programs?  Do you know what your schedule looks like for the day?  I've created a rough timeline, but I'm not to sure if I'm missing anything.  Also, what did you end up doing for music?  We're going to try to wait till we get down there to check our sound system.  If its loud enough in the crystal room, we'll stick with that, if its a bit flat, we'll go with the DJ.  Waiting to the last minute though is pretty scary!

E. 

PS. Yeah for BM &GM, I'll pick up stuff at FineFinds (I pick up my earrings/brooch next week).  I want to get my MoH something really special though.  She's organized the whole stagette and a bridal shower.  Not to sure what to get for her, and her bf who's actually doing the music (he's going to be our impromtu dj... ) :)

Originally Posted by VancityBride View Post

Olaaa FranticBride!!

How are ya? Its been a while since we have chatted. Things on your end seem to be going smooth. Can you believe were only 6 weeks away??!! Its happening so fast.

My end is so so. I still have to finish up some last min details as well. We just got the boys pants, now all they need is there shoes and shirts. The girls are done, I am pretty much done, have my final fitting in April. So yah its just a few little things, but those little things still are stressful. I am half done my gifts for my BM, i am having a hard time. I found them these really cute flower earings that i got, and i founf online these personalized flips flops that i am thinking of ordering too. I dont want to go over board even though there is so much that i want to get for them, but i did already purchase some of there BM dress, so i am thinking that the earings and the flips slops should be good. My FI is having a hard time with his boys, he has no idea what to get them. He has a few ideas but isnt sure on what he wants to do. He stag is the same weekend as yours and then mine is the weekend after is whislter too.. i cant believe how fast the time is flying by. Do you know what the girls have planned for you in whistler? We were going to do a pub crawl but the woman who runs its was giving all my girls the run around, so we decided to do our own pub crawl..lol.  What is your theme for the night?

Where did you end up getting you wedding shoes? Did you get white or something sassy??

What have you decided for you hair? I am lost with my hair. I thought that i knew what i wanted but the other night at my dress fitting my MOH told me she didnt really like my hair half up. I am glad she was honest but now im torn. I have a bling hair band and wanted to wear it in my hair half up and curly, but now i have no idea. My BM are doing there hair curl and to one side with flowers in there hair, so i dont really want to do the exact same, i am thinking just having my hair all down and curly. I dont know ne more..lol

I cant believe all the work that your doing for the tables, it sounds like its going to be great. I decided to not do table numbers or anything like that. I am just going to have 2 tables signs that say reserved for family and the rest of our guests can sit wherever. I am already bringing down, shot glasses, red napkins, the 3 vases and sand for the sand ceremony, mr and mrs chair sashes, and some other nick nacs, so i didnt want to over do it on how much i was bringing down.

I forgot what you got for you BM and GM.. what did ya get them again??

Hey E, yes can you believe that its happening so fast..Eeekkkk! I am getting so excited, I almost want to start packing now..LOL. This weekend i got soo much done. I didnt know what to get the Flower girl and ring bearer so I ended up getting them custom made shirts at this store in Coquitlam Center that says flower girl and ring bearer. I thought and thought what do you get 10 year old kids?! I was going to do jewlery but I just figured since we are all going to have shirts they will feel more included. Hope them like them. I also go my FI engraved cuff links, they turned out so cute. I got my MOH a pink zippo lighter that says MOH on one said and then Always on the other, along with a pendant that i just ordered for her this morning. I also just order the BM custom embroidered sandals, they look cute so i hope they turn out nice and get here on time. Then i went to Micheals and got the boxes and ribbon for the BM earrings that I also go them for the ceremony, and some other nic nacs. The boys are still all over the plce..lol.. So i am hoping they get there butts in gear and get on there shirts and shoes. (There goig to give me a heart attack..lol) Your shoes sound great! I cant wait to see some pics on them. That reminds me that I should start wearing mine around the house to break them in. Oh gawd there are so many things still to do. This store in Yaletown you found seems to have great things. I wish I wasnt so far from DT, I would totally go check it out. I have just been mall hoping every weekend trying to cross things off my list. Thats too bad that your stagette is this weekend, that would have been pretty cool to have met up there. My FI is this weekend, from what i have heard it seems like its going to be a blast. I also heard there dressing him up as a bunny and going paintballing..HAHAHAH I wish i was there to see it! But yes mine is next weekend. But i hope you have a blast!! I am sure you will. Cant wait to hear all about it :) As far as the music goes, I am still not getting any responses from any past brides with comments on this issue. I dont know what to do. I have my sister downloading all the music onto na ipod and CDs but as for the DJ i dont know. I asked Emma what she her suggestion was and she said to bring the ipod and CDs and there will be a tech from the hotel to control the music for the ceremony, and for me to bring a song list in the order that we want them to be played. And for the DJ she basically said the same. That he will play what is on our ipod as he might not have all the songs that we are wanting. So i have no clue on what is going to happen. I think as long as we have the ipod we can always have someone from our party go and change the music and help the DJ out..you know what i mean? I did not do any programs, should I? I kinda just put together an itinerary that i will pass out to everyone once we get there. I didnt really know what to put on the programs. Shoot well now what do I do? Do you think that itinerary is enough? My schedule for the day is: 9 10am- Wakre and Shower/Breakfast Meeting hair/make up artist @ 11am (He is doing me, myself and Grandma) I have my 3 gfs that all went to make up school so they are going to do eachothers and the BMs hair and makeup. 11-2pm: Is probally going to be just have some drinks and getting ready, take pics and all that jazz. 2pm: Photpgraher arrives to get pics of us gals and the boys getting ready. 3pm: Ceremony 330-430: Cocktail Hour on the beach 430-530: Bride and Groom go take pics/Guests get a break 6-10pm: Reception What does you schedule look like? Did i miss anything? What are you doing the night before the wedding? Are you not going to see your groom till the wedding ceremony? Ohh i have a question.. What are you doing for the flower girl basket? (If you have a FG) I am already bringing alot down so i dont know what to do. I asked Emma if they supply a basket and she said i would probally be happier if i brought my own. What song are you walking into the ceremony too? What about your BMs & GM..do they have a seperate song? I am confused on what to do with the Groom and the boys.. Do i get them to walk in together? Do i get the boys to go frist and then the groom to walk in with his mom? I have no idea on this? What is your plan?? Sorry for the long message I am just a littel overwhelmed now with all the little details that I think i am going a little coo coo..lol. How are you doing with the stress..are you finding yourself to be calm or stressed?

Hey Vancity Bride,

Yah we have 37 days left:)  Yikes

I got the bridesmaids their shoes, and I just picked up some really nice leather sandals for the guys.  I'm hoping I can use those as my gifts.  What do you think?  Should I get them something else or keep it simple?  I definitely want to get my sister (MOH) something else, she's put a lot of work into the music and the staggette.

We don't have flower girls or ring bearers, so it seems I've inadvertantly made things easier on myself then I anticipated:)  It sounds really cute to have them in little custom shirts.  It seriously sounds adorable!  I think that's a really cute little gift, because it is really hard to get 10 year olds something they'll like.  

The boys on my end are also all over the place.  I bought them their sandals, so I'm really making it way to easy on C.  All they have to get now are their shirts, and I'm assuming C. will just tell them to wear a white shirt, which isn't okay with me, since he isn't going to see what it looks like all together until 10 minutes before, and then it will be too late if one of them thought white meant white with stripes or something!  I know them, so I"m assuming something like that will happen.  

I'm not getting any responses either on the music!  I'm really concerned about it.  My sisters bf downloaded a dj software onto his ipad.  Apparently it shows you the next 5 songs coming up on the list, and you can choose to take certain songs out, or put different ones in.  It also mixes all the music.  We have the music sorted by dinner/pre dinner (latin music), dance music for everybody, and dance music for people heading to the disco after.  We also have about 10 songs reserved in a different folder for cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss.  Whenever its time to do those (we'll do all that stuff at the same time), we'll just put those songs next on the list to be played.  I hope that works out. 

I'm really concerned about the sound system.  Did you say you are using the sound system provided by the hotel?  It seems like its nearly as expensive to use just the sound system as it is to use the sound system with the DJ.  I'm concerened the Bose sound system won't be loud enough, but we decided that we'll play it in the room the day we arrive, and we'll decide once we get down there.  If the DJ is already booked, we suck it up and use our BOSE, if the DJ is free and the BOSE isn't loud enough, then we'll book.  I hope he's still available!

I'm doing programs mostly because I don't want my guests to be lost or confused as they go from the ceremony location to the reception venue.  There's also an hour gap between the two so I want to make sure the guests have some direction.  I think the itinerary is enough, especially if you ask your parents or a friend to help lead any confused guests:)

My schedule is:

230-415 hair and make up

415: pictures

5pm: ceremony starts

520: ceremony over

520-530: talk with guests

Direct guests to riviera lobby bar, leave to take pictures

6: reception venue opens

6:20/30 arrive at reception venue.  

The night before the wedding we're taking everybody on a catamaran tour.  I wanted to contain everybody a bit and make sure everybody saved their hangovers for the night after the wedding.  Hopefully this will keep everybody a bit under control:)  I'm not seeing him before the wedding, but he already accidentally saw a picture of me in the dress, and he saw my shoes, but still, I think its something else when he sees it all put together:). 

I'm not to sure about the ceremony song.  I might ask my sister to put together some pretty latin music.  I"m not a huge music lover, its really not going to be the most memorable part of the day for me, and I think latin music will tie in well with the theme:)  I'm going to have a separate song for the bridal party, and a separate song for me.  I'm going to see if we can blend them so there isn't a gap with no music in between.  

For walking in, I'm having the groom with the officiant at the front, then the bridesmaids and groomsmen will walk in together.  I'll have our parents walk down the aisle first, before everybody else.  Then I'll have my dad walk me down the aisle. 

No problem on the long message!  I'm pretty stressed about stuff at this point too, I'm really not getting any of my stationary done, so I'm a little freaked out!

E. :)

Hi E,

Yes i know, it is coming so fast, but lets not get too stressed, I know everything will work out great. Its hard not to get stressed and think about everything, I am constently thinking of everything that needs to get done and all the little details. But either way its gonna be an amzing trip and wonderful wedding.

I think that the shoes you got the you BM will be enough, but if your not feeling like it is maybe go get them something small. Go check out an engrraving place, they got tons of great things. You could get them something small like a zippo, or keychain or something like that with there name and nickname, that would be cute and the prices there are good too.

I am also really happy with they way the shirt for the FG and RB turned out, i think that they will like them too, something they can wear so that thye can feel apart of the group.

I hear ya with they boys, mine are the same. I know that they only need to get there shoes and shirts, but i know that with them it will be a production. I have already told Shane what shoes i like, so its up to them to go get them. And yah with the shirts i am not too concerned as they can just to to sears or something and pick some up. Is C do a tan linen suit or is he in something else? What are your colors again?

Ok so with the music, i am also super concerned. I have no idea what to think or do. I have hired the DJ for the reception but i have told Emma that were bringing our ipod and CDs, but i dont know how that is going to work. Your idea sounds great, that program sounds like it will work perfect. My sister has also organized all the music into different categories so its easy for whoever needs to use it. And that another thing, who is this music technician that Emma said controls the music durning the ceremony? I am going to bring down a printed list to give to her and this tech so they know what to play. I almost would rather someone from our party do that music, you know what I mean?

I love that you are doing the catamaran the night before the wedding, i think thats a great idea to keep ppl in check so that they dont go too crazy. That is my concern too with the boys, i told them not to go nuts, but knowing them im sure a few of them will be hung over. I wont be pleased but at least the weedding isnt till 3 so they have some time to recover.

Are you going to do a walk through of the wedding when your down there? I think that the night before I am going to get everyone to meet so that we can do a walk through just so ppl know where to stand and all that. I know the hotel says they dont do rehersals but I dont need to make it a big deal, ill just get everyone to meet at the gazebo and will do it on our own. And everyone can dispurse until the morning.

I think that for the ceremony I am going to get Shane and his mom to walk in together, and his GM either right before him or after him.. what do you think?

And then for the girls i have a song for them and a seperate song for me. I think that I am just going to get there song to play and have it go until it plays out, I dont think its that long, and then my song can start.  

I think your idea of latin music is a good idea, there is also the somewhere over the rainbow song by Israel Kamakawiniole and its sooo beautiful. I would love to use it as my entrance song, but my gf used it for her entrance song a couple years ago at her wedding the the Dominican. She isnt coming so i was thinking of asking her if she would mind if i used it also, Do you think that is weird? I have as of now the Canon in D for my walk in but the somewhere over the rainbow is just so nice and beachy.

Well this weekend is you stagette is Whistler, Whohoooo! hope you have an amazing time! Fill me in on how it went and what you guys got up too.

Take care and have funnnnn :)

Hey VancityBride:)

I feel like we've monopolized this site a little bit!  I'd love to hear from the other brides that are getting married, especially those that are getting married at the same time.  I remember there were a couple we were talking to, but everybody seems to have vanished!  oups

C came up with a good idea for name cards for the tables.  We've gotten pictures of all of our guests, and we're putting a little stand up picture of each of them on their plates.  There's a border that we've colour coded and have put their name on the back so the waiters will know who's eating what food, and also so people at the tables will know what everybody's names are.  I think it's kind of funny, and if they remember where the picture was taken, it can be a conversation starter too.  I'm going to get my programs from Fine Finds, as well as maybe bottle labels which we'll stick on bottles for our table numbers.  They're white with orange coral on them, so I think it fits the theme well. 

You're right, I'm not going to worry about getting a bunch more gifts.  I do want to get my sister something more, but I'll have to think about that.  She's been really great, and her bf has been too.  We've invited them to take the limo to the airport with us, but I want to do something more.  They just bought a new house, so maybe I'll get them something for their place, that they move into the day we arrive. 

O my goodness, our flight times got changed.  They're brutal.  We leave Vancouver at 12 (noon), arrive at the hotel at almost 12 (midnight), with a stopover in Saskatoon!.  Not so bad...but, we leave Cancun at 11pm on May 2nd, and arrive in Vancouver at 6am on May 3rd.  Our vacation was supposed to end on May 2nd, so anybody who has to work on the 3rd could be really screwed!  I also heard Sunwing is notoriously late, so we'll likely get in more at 8am, so people will have a really hard time getting to work that day.  Like we have a teacher coming, who has until the 2nd off, and he lives in Sooke, so he's in trouble.  :(  My dad and great aunt ended up having to change to a Monday-Monday flight because the flight times were better and my great aunt (90 years old), can't be in a plane for 12 hours.

I think the shirts for the FG and RB are great!  You're right, they'll really like being given a bit of extra attention and this is a really cute way of doing that.  I think that's a super idea. 

C. got a shirt, but hated it, so he's returned it and now the guys have no shirts.  I"m not worrying about it.  Maybe they'll walk down the aisle in sandals and pants, no shirt. Haha, that would be so funny.  I'd be mad, but it's a real possibility at this point:)  The guys have leather sandals from Kenneth Cole, dressy linen (beige) pants, and we're hoping for fitted white shirts.  We're doing orange/teal for our colours, so my shoes are orange, and my earrings are teal.  Orange is the main colour though.  I wanted to be a bit different and everybody seems to do blue.

Yah we found some really great latin instrumental only music for before the ceremony, then for the actual ceremony we might have the same??, for the processional, we have 'This is love' (Bob Marley), I do (Colbie Caillat), and a couple others.  I'm just going to put them on a seperate ipod, in order, and then try to time it so it makes sense.  

I hadn't actually thought about a walk through.  Its a really great idea though.  Yah maybe the morning before we can ask our wedding party to meet at the ceremony location, go through a run through, and say we'll grab bk after.  Or we could do it a couple evenings before, and make reservations for 10 at one of the restaurants, and do a informal dinner there after.  Thanks, that's a really good idea. 

I think it would be so nice to have him walk in with his mom.  I think you could have him go first or last, I think the tradition though is for him to walk in first.  Are the bridesmaids walking in with the groomsmen, or on their own?  Mine are walking in together, so him and his mom could either walk in first, or I think he wants to just be at the front and not do the walk down.  I'll have to get together with one of the bridesmaids though and see how fast we would walk down the aisle though (and guess how long it is from pictures), cause I want to make sure one song will be a good length for them. 

I don't think its weird at all to use that song!  If anything, its a huge compliment to her.  I honestly see nothing wrong with that.  

My stagette... I broke two of my toes, and did significant other damage to my left foot.  Hopefully I'll be able to walk down the aisle in my shoes, because right now, I'm far from putting weight on it, or putting my foot in shoes at all.  Hum, other then that it was so great.  We skied then did wine tasting with a couple cheese, olive and antipasto plates on Friday, Saturday we went snow-shoeing, then came back to the condo, my sister had everybody partner up and make a dinner dish using a secret ingredient (ginger), so my sister made candied ginger martini's, the other girls made food, and then I rated then and the 'losers' had to drink shots with me (my sister won, so everybody ended up doing shots), then a couple drinking games and getting ready, off to the bar, broke my toes.  Then recovery/ceasars/bk on Sunday and drove home:)  Yah it was a lot of fun, you're going to have such a great time.  I was lucky, the girls didn't make me dress up silly, I wore a sexy red dress, and everybody else wore black sexy dresses, so that was really nice.  I'm actually really sad mine is over, but I have my bridal shower in a couple weeks so that will be really fun too. 

Good luck at yours!  Let me know how it goes:)

E.