Grand Sunset Princess Resort

Hi Karica,

To be honnest I didn't really have a great experience planning my wedding since October, but this week things really are getting in place. I'm all set now!!!

My new wedding coordinator is Araceli Lagunas it change 2 weeks ago...  When you pay they served you well.

I getting married at 3 at sunset gazebo follow by a toast than pictures and we will have the reception and dinner at the chill out with a dj.

We would be 42 persons total and hope will have a beautifull and sunny day (it's my biggest concern)

We took the photographer for all day and will have more than 2000 pictures (pictures was almost the more important think in my wedding because it's memory for life)

You will have to go see wedding anyways so if you want to pass by to see mine your welcome, just not sure I will see you.

If you have question, I already been to this hotel, It will be a pleasure to help you.

Thank you very much and good luck for everything for you to.

Sandra

Originally Posted by Karica View Post

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the info....I will be arriving on January 23 and i would love to pass by and see your wedding....Are you all set for the wedding...what kind of the wedding are you having...something small. I am excited and i am very nervouse i am just not sure how everything will work out...

Good luck wiith everything!!

Hi Ashleyhubert

I am in the same boat as you. Very relaxed but we have a small wedding group about 20 people. I figure your at an all inclusive resort why pay anymore than you really need too. I am just doing the symbolic package as we are going to get married the day before we leave here in ontario. I've been married before on a resort and its really simple. You dont need to worry about anything until you get there and meet with the cordinator. Its rather simple. Don't worry about a dj just go to the disco with everyone as there usually dead anyways and make your own party! :-)

Zoe

Hey, 

Wow thats news to me.  Emma emailed me saying all I had to pay was the day pass which allows him enough time to drop off and set up the flowers we've chosen.  That's really a shock.  Has anybody contacted the florist at the hotel?  Are we allowed to make adjustments to the flowers they're providing (I like the Rb 009A, but I don't like roses, and was hoping to swap to orange tiger lilies).  I also don't know what their centrepieces look like.  Does anybody know?

For the Gala menu, it says beer, wine soda included per four hours.  I read VancityBride's post, and got a bit worried, so I'm emailing her a bunch more questions right now.  

We have Emma for a coordinator, we were originally booked with Pilar, but she passed us off to Emma.  We've been with Emma for about 6 months now, and she's been really good.  I did have to be really firm, and am now learning I have to be more specific with my questions, but I know it will all work out.  The reason I'm having a destination wedding is because I don't want to worry too much, so I'm going to let this figure itself out:)  

Meet for drinks anybody?  We're there from April 25-May 2nd.

E. 

Originally Posted by Magnolia28 View Post

FranticBridetoBe:

i got an email from my WC saying that to bring an outside vendor to do decor/flowers will cost a supplement of $600 to the hotel. + whatever else you're paying to that decorator.....

have you asked your WC about what it would cost for daypass? the above was the reply that i got - i'm not happy about it. i didn't want to go with hotel options....

Hey!

Yeah, maybe I can leave you a message at the front desk letting you know where in the resort we're staying.  I think it would be so much fun to meet up.

What did your contract look like?  I haven't heard anything about a contract, except the one we signed months ago saying out wedding was there, and letting us know how much we had to pay for deposit.  Did it have all the details you had agreed upon?  

Have you been in contact with the hotel florist? or are you leaving those details for when you arrive?  Also, are you having hair and make up done in your room?  or are you going down to the spa?  

I read one of your other posts and realized I needed to start asking more specific questions, instead of assuming (ie Gala menu says "beer/soda' per 4 hours, which I assumed meant we had the room for 4 hours..., which might not be true).  She also said somewhere, but now I can't find, that it included a DJ.  We're not paying for a DJ,. but we bought the bose sound system, so hopefully that will be good enough... eck!  My sister still hasn't made any progress on the music, but I told her my FI has his bachelor party planed for next weekend and so now she's freaking out and getting things organized:)

We have a couple people that have bailed on the wedding, but have 57 people so far.  A lot of them are from the FI's side from Colorado, so I won't know about half of them.

Photography:  We went with Del Sol, but my original pick was Photosincancun with Lincoln.  He takes amazing pictures.  Unfortunately some lucky bride already booked him for April 28th, so we decided to go with second pick, Del Sol.  I really like their stuff too:)

E. 

Originally Posted by VancityBride View Post

I am down to meet you all, I think that would be awesome. My wedding date is April 25, so I wont be available that day. I guess we will all be having our weddings a day or so apart so it might be hard to set a date. But I am sure that we will be running into each other sometime durning that week.

I have to say that all my planning is going great. I just got the contract and Emma is doing great. I am actually starting to feel good about it all.

Regarding the outside vendor fee for a florist.. wow, that is a little crazy. I really dont think thats true. They probaly just dont want you to book an outside florist so they tell you that price. Why would you have to pay 600 extra for someone to come in a decorate a little. I think thats silly.

Well I am sure that everything is going to work out and be great. As I read more and more wedding reviews I am starting to feel like everything is going to come together just fine.

** April 2012 Brides - How many guests do you all have coming down with you??

Vancity Bride, 

Hows everything going?  You seem to have all your planning done!!  Hey I"m not to sure where I saw this, but somewhere you said you were having Flowers by Juliet decorate for you.  What kind of decorations is she setting up for you?  I"m worried that the Crystal Room might be a bit plain.  I've decided to go with the hotel flowers (they've made some changes to the bouquet I wanted), but we're getting flowers by Marvin to do our centrepieces (I think...)  Other then that, I don't really have any decorations, except the programs and name card's that I"m making.  

Do you have anything else on your to do list? 

I was also trying to get ahold of the spa to book hair and make up but they're not responding to my emails.  I"ve met Emma know.  I always wear my hair the same way (ponytail or straight), so it wouldn't work for me if the spa didn't make my appt!:)

Hope everythings going well!

E. 

Originally Posted by VancityBride View Post

I am down to meet you all, I think that would be awesome. My wedding date is April 25, so I wont be available that day. I guess we will all be having our weddings a day or so apart so it might be hard to set a date. But I am sure that we will be running into each other sometime durning that week.

I have to say that all my planning is going great. I just got the contract and Emma is doing great. I am actually starting to feel good about it all.

Regarding the outside vendor fee for a florist.. wow, that is a little crazy. I really dont think thats true. They probaly just dont want you to book an outside florist so they tell you that price. Why would you have to pay 600 extra for someone to come in a decorate a little. I think thats silly.

Well I am sure that everything is going to work out and be great. As I read more and more wedding reviews I am starting to feel like everything is going to come together just fine.

** April 2012 Brides - How many guests do you all have coming down with you??

I am new to this site... getting married at Grand Sunset Princess on April 6th 2012.  Im having a boat load of issues with the wedding co-ordinator and feel like pulling my hair out right now can you ladies PLEASE help me.

We have 43 people in our group so we originally booked the Royalty package for our wedding ceremony based on numbers alone.  And just the other day decided to change it to the Infinity package because the numbers just didnt add up, we understood that this package only included dinner for 20 people so if we were to have dinner in a resturant then we would have to pay $12/person extra.  Thats fine, still crazy in my mind because it is an all-inclusive and that cost is alreasy covered by our individual price int he first place but whatever so be it.  AS SOON AS I CHANGED to the Infinity.. they started to raise the price of everything else.  We had requested a private beach party INSTEAD of the dinner in a resturant, which we were given a price of $25/person, and I know stupid me but I can not for the life of me find the f-ing email that this was quoted on, I trusted they were not giving me the run around.  Which I am sure you all know includes nothing but food.  On top of that the coordinator is now telling me that I have to pay $12/person extra (for 20 people) to just sit in the Gazebo?  PLUS the dinner that is included with the Infinity package for 20 people (which we wanted to use as a rehersal dinner) just disappears when you book a beach party.. you cant use it for anything else no matter what.

If I could I would change resorts TODAY.  I am so angry I can barely think.  I cant believe the price of extras at this resort.  My mother is a travel agent, she books wedding every single day, she herself was married down south last May, and even she is shocked with this resort.

I dont even want to plan anymore. 

So now that I have finished ranting, I have a few questions for anyone who can answer them.

Is there anyone else out there that is getting married the same week or day as me?  April 6th at 4pm.  We arrive on the 2nd and leave on the 9th

I think I read a post on here about the resort photographer not being very good, is this true?

Has anyone else ever heard of the beach party costing $25/person?

Thanks for reading my rant

Tia