Grand Sunset Princess Resort

Originally Posted by smokey82 View Post

So did you have a meal in a restaurant and then the party on the beach? or did you have your meal on the beach also?

Thanks

we had our meal at the le fleur restaurant form 6 to 8 pm.... and ad a party at the beach from 8 to 11.

Yayyyy!!! Im so glad to hear everything turned out wonderful. As im reading these reviews im started to calm down.

How were your flowers?

A big concern I have is the resort DJ.. How was that? Did they play good music? Did you give him music you wanted to have played?

Originally Posted by sonymp View Post

I just came back from my vacation/wedding from the Sunset Princess resort and I have to say everything was perfect! Emma was my WC and even though she was unresponsive with emails and claimed she didn't receive emails I sent to her, everything turned out beautiful. I used an outside photographer and had to pay additional $60 for a day pass for her but it was worth it! For all you nervous brides the best adivse I can give you is that the WC at Grand Sunset Princess know there stuff! However, question everything. Emma made my hair and makeup appointment for the day before my wedding. By chance I stopped in at the salon and corrected the mistake. They made my day stress free and perfect! I only had 8 months to plan my big day!

I had my wedding on the beach at the Chill Out resturant which was perfect because I spent most of my days there anyways. I got to know the wait staff (Marcos) and the bartender (Manuel) and they where a lot of fun. Our reception was at the mexican resturant (Hacienda) and it too was perfect! Again the waitstaff was really attentive and made it a special night! They where a little surprised when we showed up in jeans. After the wedding our photographer (Take It Foto) got a little carried away with our eagerness to get the perfect shot. Needless to say that after the photo shoot, both myself and my new husband where completeley soaked and decided to show up to reception in jeans! It was quite funny to see everyone's expression!

As I said before, the day and night was perfect. I met with WC once three days before wedding and didn't worry about a thing!

Hey, 

I just wanted to send an update that I think relates. 

I was having such a hard time getting ahold of Emma.  I emailed her a couple questions a few months ago, and never heard back.  I emailed in both Spanish and English and didn't get any replies.  They also kept taking our deposit, even though we had already paid, so we were getting a bit annoyed... 

I spoke with a friend who did a destination wedding a few months ago and she said not to worry at all, not to even think about it, until Emma started getting in touch with me.  I decided to just take it easy and not think about it!

Yesterday, Emma called at 830am.  We had originally been told we could use the a la carte or the chill out club for our reception.  I have a big problem with both these venues because we have 60 people, so I wanted some privacy for the dinner, and didn't know what we would do after the dinner.  I had a problem with the Chill out Club because I"m not a buffet person, and really want a sit down meal, which we were told was not possible.  Also, the cost is really high at 100$ per person!!

So Emma called, and it turns out there are way more options then what we were originally presented with.  We're renting a private room (the Crystal Room) for $200 for the night.  There are also about 15 different menu options to choose from.  I'll narrow it down to three, and ask my guests to choose their meals a few months prior.  The menu options (buffet is available if you want it) range from $40-$110 per person.  This also includes domestic beer/wine and a DJ for 4 hours.  We might cozy up to a bartender and see if we can tip them to stay extra long and provide hard bar.  Otherwise, the rowdy people who want tequila shots all night can either bring their own liquor in, or go down the hall to another bar to get tequila shots:)

We're going to use the extra money we'll save from not doing the Chill Out Club to use an outside vendor for flowers (I really didn't like the ones provided by the hotel).  We're also using an outside vendor for photography (Del Sol).  

She also asked us to choose between the Riviera or Sunset 'archway' for the ceremoney.  With 60 people, she said the Riviera one would suit us better, but its not as private.  I"m thinking of having the Sunset one... Any suggestions?

I hope that helps, I was sooo worried about the lack of communication, but it seems like my April 28th wedding is now higher on her priority list:)

Erica

Hello, My wedding is april 25, 2012 so I will see ya there! I was also experiencing the same problems with Emmal. I didnt hear from her for months, and now all of a sudden she is getting back to me within a day or two.

I had my troubles with her as well. She told me that basically everything that I was told I could do with the previous WC I could no longer do. I was not happy to say the least figuring I had already booked all the outside vendors that I was told I could book. I had to get a little nasty in the email. I knew it wasnt her fault but I was so annoyed. Now that things are figured out I am much happier now and I know that things will work out great.

We are having about 42 guests come and were going our ceremony at the riviera gazebo. (2 level wooden gazebo)I wanted the cocktail hour somewhere private but I was just recently told that it will be after the cermeony on the beach. As I thought about it, i actually think that will work out great, our guests can have a few cocktails while taking some pics and just taking a minute to relax.

Were having a bit of a break in btwn the cocktail hour and the reception.

Our reception is at 6pm in the jalisco gala room.

I have a outside florist coming to decoarte the gala room, because I had heard wonderful things about her as a girlfriend of mine used her for her wedding in mexico last November. her prices are reasonable too. Her name is Julieta (Google: Flowers by julieta mexico) We choose to use the hotel for the BM bouquest and boutenniers because I am only having red and white roses,, so they cant really screw that up..and then julieta for the gala room. The hotel cost for there decor is too much for what they provide. Julieta is bringing my centerpieces, lighting up the tables and making the gala room into a romantic setting. Def take a look at her work.

What are you using for music? Are you going with the resort DJ or renting there audio equipment? I wanted to bring in an outside DJ that I found, but i was told No. I wasnt happy but I figure as long as we bring our own music on ipods and give them to the DJ how bad could it be.

Talk soon.

Originally Posted by FranticBride2be View Post

Hey, 

I just wanted to send an update that I think relates. 

I was having such a hard time getting ahold of Emma.  I emailed her a couple questions a few months ago, and never heard back.  I emailed in both Spanish and English and didn't get any replies.  They also kept taking our deposit, even though we had already paid, so we were getting a bit annoyed... 

I spoke with a friend who did a destination wedding a few months ago and she said not to worry at all, not to even think about it, until Emma started getting in touch with me.  I decided to just take it easy and not think about it!

Yesterday, Emma called at 830am.  We had originally been told we could use the a la carte or the chill out club for our reception.  I have a big problem with both these venues because we have 60 people, so I wanted some privacy for the dinner, and didn't know what we would do after the dinner.  I had a problem with the Chill out Club because I"m not a buffet person, and really want a sit down meal, which we were told was not possible.  Also, the cost is really high at 100$ per person!!

So Emma called, and it turns out there are way more options then what we were originally presented with.  We're renting a private room (the Crystal Room) for $200 for the night.  There are also about 15 different menu options to choose from.  I'll narrow it down to three, and ask my guests to choose their meals a few months prior.  The menu options (buffet is available if you want it) range from $40-$110 per person.  This also includes domestic beer/wine and a DJ for 4 hours.  We might cozy up to a bartender and see if we can tip them to stay extra long and provide hard bar.  Otherwise, the rowdy people who want tequila shots all night can either bring their own liquor in, or go down the hall to another bar to get tequila shots:)

We're going to use the extra money we'll save from not doing the Chill Out Club to use an outside vendor for flowers (I really didn't like the ones provided by the hotel).  We're also using an outside vendor for photography (Del Sol).  

She also asked us to choose between the Riviera or Sunset 'archway' for the ceremoney.  With 60 people, she said the Riviera one would suit us better, but its not as private.  I"m thinking of having the Sunset one... Any suggestions?

I hope that helps, I was sooo worried about the lack of communication, but it seems like my April 28th wedding is now higher on her priority list:)

Erica

Hey!

I'm glad we connected on here!  We're arriving on the 25th in the morning. 

I was only told there was the one gala room.  How much are you paying for the other room?  Were you given a lot of options?  Do you mind posting a picture of the room you're using.  I can do the same for the crystal room if your interested.  What are you doing for food?  I spoke with Emma today and she told me that all 60 people would have to use the same menu.  I'm about to send her an email back saying that that just won't work.  I can see using one set menu for a group of 15, but not for 60.  Nobody is going to agree on what to eat.

I think we're going to use one of the most basic packages for the wedding, then pay separately for anything we need (we don't need the cocktail hour, but we do need hair/make up done).  I'll definitly check out the florist.  How did you organize the florist?  Do they drop everything off?  Do you have to pay an outside vendor fee for florists?  Do they set it all up?  Emma hasn't provided me any me any details on what kind of decor the hotel is able to provide (even though I've asked several times). 

In the email she sent me with food options, it said for the gala room/sit down dinner, the dj is included (as is beer/wine).  We bought a bose  sound system though (so if they don't provide music for the ceremony, we'll be covered), and we'll use our ipod with some music (my sisters in charge), so even if the dj is terrible, we'll have back up!

I spoke with our photographers, and they suggested we move our ceremony time to 530pm.  They said this is the best time for pictures.  I spoke with Emma about this though and she said she strongly disagrees.  Any input?  What time is your ceremony?

PS.  I was told we could have the cocktail set up at a different outdoor location (ie around a pool) if we wanted it.  I think if you're doing cocktail hour though, the beach would be really nice. 

Heyyy!! So you arrive the day of our wedding. My wedding is on the 25th at 3pm. We have about 42 guests coming. We will have to try to meet up for a drink and bring our parties together..lol. My name is Danielle.. What is yours? Where are you from?

With the gala rooms I kinda of did my own research. I looked online lots and found the names of a couple rooms and then just asked about them. (Google grand Riviera princess conference rooms) I donâ€t know if I will be able to post the pics because I just found them online. Emma did mention to me that there was the crystal room and I think one other room. I like the Jalisco gala room because of the lighting goes with the theme of my decorations. Iâ€m not a huge fan of the carpet but I am not too concerned, were only in there for a couple hours. Just ask Emma for different gala room options, tell her you have seen pics online or something.

The florist is really easy to work with. Just email her your date and then what your vision is. I took pics that I found online and attached them to my email and she said that what I wanted is not a problem. Also take a look at her website to see what she does. Then she will send u and estimate and then you just work with her from there. I have changed and added to my order many times and she is very understanding. She said that she arrives to the hotel to do the decorating and then will have someone from her team do the take down. We have to pay her day pass. We have only decided to use her services for the reception. As I am only doing red and white roses for my flowers we thought we would save a bit and use the hotel for the bouquets and stuff. Im pretty sure the hotel only offers tropical centerpieces, I havenâ€t seen them either. I read that its $50 a table, I think that is a little pricy. The florist is doing so much more to our tables and she is charging us $88/table. So I think itâ€s worth it to have exactly what you want.

I was never told that the DJ was included with dinner, so I am going to need to ask about. We are also bringing an ipod with the songs I want played. Emma did mention to send her the list of songs I want and she will pass it along to the DJ. But I am still going to bring my own just in case and burnt CDs too. I donâ€t want to take any chances. My sister is also in charge of the music..lol

Now this cocktail hour you said around the pool was never offered to us. I wonder if I should inquire about that. I am sure the beach one will be fine, but it would nice to have options. I wasnâ€t really given any for the cocktail hour and things are just started to go smoothly I almost donâ€t want to complicate things, you know what I mean?

What ceremony are you having..renewal of vows, symbolic or are you legally getting married there?

Heyyy!! So you arrive the day of our wedding. My wedding is on the 25th at 3pm. We have about 42 guests coming. We will have to try to meet up for a drink and bring our parties together..lol.  My name is Danielle.. What is yours? Where are you from?

With the gala rooms I kinda did my own research. I looked online lots and found the names of a couple rooms and then just asked about them. (Google grand riviera princess conference rooms.) I dont know if I will be able to post the pics because I just found them online. Emma did mention to me that there was a crystal room and I think one other room. I like the jalisco gala room because of the lighting goes with the theme of my decorations. Im not a huge fan of the carpet but I ma not too concerned, were only in there for a couple hours. Just ask Emma for different gala room options, tell her you saw pics online or something.

The florist is really easy to work with. Just email her your dats and then what your visition is. I took pics that I found online and attached them to my email to her and she said that what I wanted is not a problem. Also take a look at her website and what she does. Then she will send you an estimated and then you just woek with her from there. I have changed and added to my order many time and she is very understanding. She said that she arrive to the hotel to do the decorating and then has a memeber from her team come do the take down. We have to pay a day pass for her. We have only decided to use her services for the reception. As I am only doing roses for my flowers we thought we would save a bit and use the hotel for the bouquets and stuff. Im pretty sure that hotel only offers tropical centerpieces, I have seen them either. I read that its $50/table, I think thats a little pricy. The florist is doing so much more to our tables and is charging me $88/table. I think that its worth it to have exactly what you want.

Heyyy!! So you arrive the day of our wedding. My wedding is on the 25th at 3pm. We have about 42 guests coming. We will have to try to meet up for a drink and bring our parties together..lol. My name is Danielle.. What is yours? Where are you from?

With the gala rooms I kinda of did my own research. I looked online lots and found the names of a couple rooms and then just asked about them. (Google grand Riviera princess conference rooms) I donâ€t know if I will be able to post the pics because I just found them online. Emma did mention to me that there was the crystal room and I think one other room. I like the Jalisco gala room because of the lighting goes with the theme of my decorations. Iâ€m not a huge fan of the carpet but I am not too concerned, were only in there for a couple hours. Just ask Emma for different gala room options, tell her you have seen pics online or something.

The florist is really easy to work with. Just email her your date and then what your vision is. I took pics that I found online and attached them to my email and she said that what I wanted is not a problem. Also take a look at her website to see what she does. Then she will send u and estimate and then you just work with her from there. I have changed and added to my order many times and she is very understanding. She said that she arrives to the hotel to do the decorating and then will have someone from her team do the take down. We have to pay her day pass. We have only decided to use her services for the reception. As I am only doing red and white roses for my flowers we thought we would save a bit and use the hotel for the bouquets and stuff. Im pretty sure the hotel only offers tropical centerpieces, I havenâ€t seen them either. I read that its $50 a table, I think that is a little pricy. The florist is doing so much more to our tables and she is charging us $88/table. So I think itâ€s worth it to have exactly what you want.

I was never told that the DJ was included with dinner, so I am going to need to ask about. We are also bringing an ipod with the songs I want played. Emma did mention to send her the list of songs I want and she will pass it along to the DJ. But I am still going to bring my own just in case and burnt CDs too. I donâ€t want to take any chances. My sister is also in charge of the music..lol

Now this cocktail hour you said around the pool was never offered to us. I wonder if I should inquire about that. I am sure the beach one will be fine, but it would nice to have options. I wasnâ€t really given any for the cocktail hour and things are just started to go smoothly I almost donâ€t want to complicate things, you know what I mean?

What ceremony are you having..renewal of vows, symbolic or are you legally getting married there?

I was never told that the DJ was included with the dinner, so I am going to as about that.  We are also bringing an ipod with the songs that we want played. Emma did mention to send her the list on songs I want and she will pass it along to the DJ. But I am still going to bring my own music just is case. I dont want to take any chances. My sister is also in charge of the music..lol

Now this cocktail house you said around the pool was never offered to us. I wonder if I should inquire about that. I am sure the beach one will be fine, but it would be nice to have options. I wasnt really given any for the cocktail hour and things are just starting to go smoothly I almost dont want to complicate things, you know what I mean?

What ceremony are you having?.. Renewal of vows? symbolic or are you getting legally married there?

Hey!

I'm glad we connected on here!  We're arriving on the 25th in the morning. 

I was only told there was the one gala room.  How much are you paying for the other room?  Were you given a lot of options?  Do you mind posting a picture of the room you're using.  I can do the same for the crystal room if your interested.  What are you doing for food?  I spoke with Emma today and she told me that all 60 people would have to use the same menu.  I'm about to send her an email back saying that that just won't work.  I can see using one set menu for a group of 15, but not for 60.  Nobody is going to agree on what to eat.

I think we're going to use one of the most basic packages for the wedding, then pay separately for anything we need (we don't need the cocktail hour, but we do need hair/make up done).  I'll definitly check out the florist.  How did you organize the florist?  Do they drop everything off?  Do you have to pay an outside vendor fee for florists?  Do they set it all up?  Emma hasn't provided me any me any details on what kind of decor the hotel is able to provide (even though I've asked several times). 

In the email she sent me with food options, it said for the gala room/sit down dinner, the dj is included (as is beer/wine).  We bought a bose  sound system though (so if they don't provide music for the ceremony, we'll be covered), and we'll use our ipod with some music (my sisters in charge), so even if the dj is terrible, we'll have back up!

I spoke with our photographers, and they suggested we move our ceremony time to 530pm.  They said this is the best time for pictures.  I spoke with Emma about this though and she said she strongly disagrees.  Any input?  What time is your ceremony?

PS.  I was told we could have the cocktail set up at a different outdoor location (ie around a pool) if we wanted it.  I think if you're doing cocktail hour though, the beach would be really nice. 

Omg.. My computer is messed! I dont know why it is all screwy. hope you can understand.

Originally Posted by VancityBride View Post

Heyyy!! So you arrive the day of our wedding. My wedding is on the 25th at 3pm. We have about 42 guests coming. We will have to try to meet up for a drink and bring our parties together..lol.  My name is Danielle.. What is yours? Where are you from?

With the gala rooms I kinda did my own research. I looked online lots and found the names of a couple rooms and then just asked about them. (Google grand riviera princess conference rooms.) I dont know if I will be able to post the pics because I just found them online. Emma did mention to me that there was a crystal room and I think one other room. I like the jalisco gala room because of the lighting goes with the theme of my decorations. Im not a huge fan of the carpet but I ma not too concerned, were only in there for a couple hours. Just ask Emma for different gala room options, tell her you saw pics online or something.

The florist is really easy to work with. Just email her your dats and then what your visition is. I took pics that I found online and attached them to my email to her and she said that what I wanted is not a problem. Also take a look at her website and what she does. Then she will send you an estimated and then you just woek with her from there. I have changed and added to my order many time and she is very understanding. She said that she arrive to the hotel to do the decorating and then has a memeber from her team come do the take down. We have to pay a day pass for her. We have only decided to use her services for the reception. As I am only doing roses for my flowers we thought we would save a bit and use the hotel for the bouquets and stuff. Im pretty sure that hotel only offers tropical centerpieces, I have seen them either. I read that its $50/table, I think thats a little pricy. The florist is doing so much more to our tables and is charging me $88/table. I think that its worth it to have exactly what you want.

I was never told that the DJ was included with the dinner, so I am going to as about that.  We are also bringing an ipod with the songs that we want played. Emma did mention to send her the list on songs I want and she will pass it along to the DJ. But I am still going to bring my own music just is case. I dont want to take any chances. My sister is also in charge of the music..lol

Now this cocktail house you said around the pool was never offered to us. I wonder if I should inquire about that. I am sure the beach one will be fine, but it would be nice to have options. I wasnt really given any for the cocktail hour and things are just starting to go smoothly I almost dont want to complicate things, you know what I mean?

What ceremony are you having?.. Renewal of vows? symbolic or are you getting legally married there?

Hey Danielle,

My name is Erica, I'm from Vancouver, BC, and I would love to meet up for a drink!  

I'll definitely check out the Jalisco Gala Room.  The Crystal Room and the Ibiza Room that she offered are pretty stark... They have marble floors and floor to ceiling windows, not exactly what I'd expect going to a wedding in Mexico!.

I found a florist, but I'll definitely check out this person's work.  I don't like the flowers provided by the hotel, they seem sooo expensive for what you get!  I want my three bridesmaids to hold just like 3 big tiger lilies, something really simple, and they were going to charge like $55!  I'll probably do the same as you, go with the hotel flowers that are provided with the package for the bridesmaids, and then do something special for myself (my dress is pretty simple, so I need to accessorize a bunch!), and do nice flowers for the reception.

If you send me your email address, I can send you some of the information that Emma sent us (the gala menus, that state it comes with a DJ, and some other stuff).  You might already have all that, but if you're interested.

I'm doing the symbolic ceremony.  I heard you have to get blood samples taken and a bunch of other stuff I don't want to organize.  I have a friend here who's a Justice of the Peace, so she'll marry us (we're only telling close family and friends its symbolic, my mom mentioned some people might be offended they few all that way for a symbolic ceremony).  The signing of the papers for me isn't the big deal, its the actual ceremony, so we'll keep that part under wraps.

We spoke with our WC here, and she said that because the basic package is free if we have 8 platinum rooms (i think its 8) booked, and we already have 6 booked, we should just upgrade 2 peoples room, at a cost of $400 total and have the basic package, and then do add on's since we can't use the A La Cart, and since we're using the menu option that comes with a DJ, and since we're only doing symbolic anyways.  So then we can spend the extra money on things that we actually care about.

Having the music on CD's is a good idea too, I don't know how up to date the technology is over there, so I'll do both (Ipod and cd's) as well. 

I think the one nice thing about having the cocktail hour at the pool is if you have anybody with mobility issues.  If you want the pictures she sent for the cocktail hour (and all the info I was sent), let me know and I can send that your way.

I just spoke with Emma the other day, because she told us we could do this really nice sit down meal, but now shes saying we have to choose one dinner option for everybody.  I"m pretty annoyed since having all 60 people eat the same thing isn't really going to work, so I told her to call me.  I'm not going to stress about it like I was stressing about everything else before.  Its just too bad.  Also, I"m still having issues with what time I should have the ceremony at.  Our photographers said 530 to take advantage of sunset for pictures, but she said sunset is at 605 (sunrise is at 605), so I think she might be confused.  Given what we've gone through with her already, its hard to care too much about what she says, but on the other hand, she is the WC, shouldn't she know???Yikes.  Maybe I'll compromise and do it at 5...

Erica

Hi Erica, Nice to meet ya! Im from Vancouver also :) My email is: danisha229@hotmail.com

We also getting married here first, I kinda told a bunch of ppl that, maybe I should stop..oops..because your mom is probally right. I think Ill just stop saying anything about that.

We are using the Royalty package which includes alot, sometime I feel that I wont be using some of it, but some of the other things that it includes I like. I tried adding the cost of what I wanted to see if there was a difference in price and there really wasnt, this way with the package its already done for me.

We did go with the platium room, I know everone says too but we just figured we wouldnt use all that it comes with. It all sounds amazing, but we know that were not going to hang out in our own pool alson, were there to party with everyone. Also, because if our friends that dont have those rooms cant come in, what would be the point? You know..   We just got the deluxe jr suite, I think that will work out fine. If we there were a few other friends staying in those rooms we totaly would have, but its all good.

I know what you mean about that the gala rooms, they are def not screaming mexico, but they are quiet nice. I chose the jalisco room because of the lighting in there, i love it. It will work great with the romantic theme I have going. Im not a fan of the carpet, but I think that it will be a nice treat once we kick off or shoes to dance.I also read that one bride said she did her dinner at the resturant and then had a beach dance party. Maybe ask about that, cause that does sound cool.

I wanted to keep the wedding a bit traditional, I like the fact that its inside in a gala room, kinda always been my dream to have the big beautiful wedding, so Im trying to keep make that happen while doing a wedding in mexico..hahaha Also, I didnt want to have the reception outside because what if it too hot, muggy or windy out, I dont want to be sweaty and have sand blowing in our food..You know what i mean? The outdoor beach dinners do look amazing though, and I have heard nothing but amazing things about them.

With the flowers, I feel the same, they do charge a bit much for what you are getting. So im just using the hotel for the bouqest and bouteniers and then the decorator/florist for the reception. What florist are you using? How are there prices?

Regarding the time of your ceremony, I dont know what you should do. I chose to do mine at 3pm and to be honest I dont even know why I choose that time. My gf got married in the Dominican 2 years ago at that time and it seemed to work great. I think it will work out good. Ceremony at 3pm - 330, Cocktail house 330-430, Then Shane (My FI) and I can go off and do pictures with our guests and then do our alone ones, by that time it will probally be after 5ish, and then dinner is at 6pm. I wanted to have a little break in btwn it all so me and my FI could go take a min on our own to go relax (wink wink) and take a min to enjoy it all. And then our guests can relax for a bit as well. I know that the sunset pics will be amazing tho.

Do you know how the payment procedure works? Emma email today saying that I pay when we get there.. Is that right? I almost would like to pay a bit before we go and then the rest one were there. I also have a couple ppl visa that Im using, do you think that will be a problem?

How is your music coming along? Im finding it hard. I am making a play list of our songs that we want played and sending it to Emma so she can send it to the DJ. I dont want him to play songs that we dont know or like, I want to make sure its songs we all enjoy. What about you?

Hey Danielle,

My name is Erica, I'm from Vancouver, BC, and I would love to meet up for a drink!  

I'll definitely check out the Jalisco Gala Room.  The Crystal Room and the Ibiza Room that she offered are pretty stark... They have marble floors and floor to ceiling windows, not exactly what I'd expect going to a wedding in Mexico!.

I found a florist, but I'll definitely check out this person's work.  I don't like the flowers provided by the hotel, they seem sooo expensive for what you get!  I want my three bridesmaids to hold just like 3 big tiger lilies, something really simple, and they were going to charge like $55!  I'll probably do the same as you, go with the hotel flowers that are provided with the package for the bridesmaids, and then do something special for myself (my dress is pretty simple, so I need to accessorize a bunch!), and do nice flowers for the reception.

If you send me your email address, I can send you some of the information that Emma sent us (the gala menus, that state it comes with a DJ, and some other stuff).  You might already have all that, but if you're interested.

I'm doing the symbolic ceremony.  I heard you have to get blood samples taken and a bunch of other stuff I don't want to organize.  I have a friend here who's a Justice of the Peace, so she'll marry us (we're only telling close family and friends its symbolic, my mom mentioned some people might be offended they few all that way for a symbolic ceremony).  The signing of the papers for me isn't the big deal, its the actual ceremony, so we'll keep that part under wraps.

We spoke with our WC here, and she said that because the basic package is free if we have 8 platinum rooms (i think its 8) booked, and we already have 6 booked, we should just upgrade 2 peoples room, at a cost of $400 total and have the basic package, and then do add on's since we can't use the A La Cart, and since we're using the menu option that comes with a DJ, and since we're only doing symbolic anyways.  So then we can spend the extra money on things that we actually care about.

Having the music on CD's is a good idea too, I don't know how up to date the technology is over there, so I'll do both (Ipod and cd's) as well. 

I think the one nice thing about having the cocktail hour at the pool is if you have anybody with mobility issues.  If you want the pictures she sent for the cocktail hour (and all the info I was sent), let me know and I can send that your way.

I just spoke with Emma the other day, because she told us we could do this really nice sit down meal, but now shes saying we have to choose one dinner option for everybody.  I"m pretty annoyed since having all 60 people eat the same thing isn't really going to work, so I told her to call me.  I'm not going to stress about it like I was stressing about everything else before.  Its just too bad.  Also, I"m still having issues with what time I should have the ceremony at.  Our photographers said 530 to take advantage of sunset for pictures, but she said sunset is at 605 (sunrise is at 605), so I think she might be confused.  Given what we've gone through with her already, its hard to care too much about what she says, but on the other hand, she is the WC, shouldn't she know???Yikes.  Maybe I'll compromise and do it at 5...

Erica

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering how does the payment procedure work?

Emma told me that we pay once were there.. Is this true?

I am going to be using different credit cards (Ours, my mothers, etc) Do you think that will be a problem?

Can you pay a portion of it before we go?

Originally Posted by takelly View Post

Re your welcome dinner.  I was told the same thing however when I did the same thing (told them I wanted to downgrade) and they agreed to the welcome dinner.  We had it a La Fondue on our second night there and it was fabulous.