Grand Sunset Princess Resort

La plaza is this open air area that she sent me photos of an its lovely. So i just went with it. But the rate things are going I feel that all the descisons that ive made can quickly be changed. Will soon find out. Ive been waiting on a response for 2 weeks from my last email send to Emma. She was doing well with responding to emails in a timley manner, but not so much anymore. The reason we doing the gala room is because we having over 40 ppl and i want to have it as tradional as possible. Just ask Emma where your options are for the cockatil hours. Elizabeth did mention to me there is an area right on the beach as well, so just see what they have to offer. I started the planning and emailing process as soon as we got engaged, which was in January. And im glad we did cause the rate that it takes to get a response who knows where I would be with my planning if i didnt start right away. I feel nervour because i feel that everything that has been confirmed with me is going to be taken away and changed. But lets see what happens. I actually did just send a nasty email to Emma our WC when she tried to tell me i couldnt have a buffett in the gala room and that I had to change of my ceremony. But she was quick to respond to that, and basically told me that everything she had mentioned that needed to be changed did have to be ne more. So that makes me confused.. do they just change what they want to be changed? i think you do have to put your foot down at times and get a little angry when need be. It was the last thing that I wanted to do was get angry but It hadt o be done. I gave my deposit based on what I was confirmed with. But ne ways, enough negativity, all of our weddings are going to be wonderful. You dont see many brides that have much negative reviews on there weddings. How is the rest of your planning coming along??

Originally Posted by bmariex26 View Post

Where is the La plaza? We are having a reception back home so we are not sure if we are going to have anything more than the cocktail hour and the dinner at the a la carte restaurant.  But I do need ideas on where to have our cocktail hour at.  My communication with the WC (Emma) has not been the greatest.  I feel like I have to email her twice about the same thing to get a response back.  BUT our wedding is still 11 months away so I decided I'm going to step back a little and relax until a few more months go by to get things all set in stone.  We made our deposit already so I guess now its just the waiting game til next August! :) Who is your WC?

Does anyone have the wc's e-mail address?  I have been trying to get a hold of  them to find out if they are all booked up for wedding dates in may 2012 for three weeks now and no reply.  anyone have any suggestions on getting what should be the easiest part done?

Thank you ladies!

If you are working with a travel agent, involve them in the communication process when you have issues!  Mine was great and helped to expedite the process.

The email addresses I have for the WC are ventas.riviera@princess-hotels.com; ventas2.riviera@princess-hotels.com and ventas3.riviera@princess-hotels.com

Originally Posted by Kelly Olson View Post

Does anyone have the wc's e-mail address?  I have been trying to get a hold of  them to find out if they are all booked up for wedding dates in may 2012 for three weeks now and no reply.  anyone have any suggestions on getting what should be the easiest part done?

Thank you ladies!

So ladies I am back and I had such an amazing wedding....i am going to keep this short and sweet since i just arrived and have a ton of stuff to do..

So first of all the hotel is amazing! Everyone who was there kept telling me what a great choice i made with picking this hotel. Yes it is a huge property but we all loved the walk. The grounds have all these animals and palm trees and it just is very beautiful. These are pics of the gazebo next to the chill out. I am so happy that we chose this one. The other gazebo is nice, but it is not private at all. You are around all the people on the beach. All the chairs are around and it is not that private. This gazebo was because at the chill out you have to pay 10 dollars to get a lounge chair and not many people want to pay it. I had a 4 pm wedding and only one lady was watching it from a far. I will tell you that Emma told me she would me at the hotel at 320 and didnt show until 355. I was very nervous and anxious. Apparently the hold up was because the minister did not have the information about our sand ceremony. I also ordered... 2 extra boutiniers and 2 coursages for our moms. She took the boutiniers and gave them to the grooms men and not our fathers. So she had to take out a rose from the coursages and pin them to the dads shirt. We paid an extra 100 dollars and i didnt think it was that fair. The ceremony was about 20 mins. We did the symbolic and did our own vows. It was a gorgeous day. We took photos with photos in cancun....Derek and Lorena were the photographers. I cant tell you how great they were. We even invited them to stay at mamma mia and the partied with us at the reception. They were very professional and took over 2000 photos of us! We are coming back in april for my best friends wedding and we are going to do a ttd session because we are so impressed with them and there prices are awesome!!!!! Mamma mia was ok. The area was great and secluded for us. Not too impressed on the food. We did our speeches there and then went to party on the beach from 8 to 11. Open bar for 3 hours and we also did the cake out there. The dj i am not gonna lie was bad. He didnt get our playlists right and i also brought our cds marked and he still messed up the order. He didnt do any type of annoucements of here is the new couple ..or first dance bouquet toss etc...we would have to yell around and tell everyone to make a huge circle around.. iwas very upset about the dj but i was having a good time because i was just married and with my friends and family. If you have any questions just let me know.

post-33805-138622308078_thumb.jpg

post-33805-138622308086_thumb.jpg

Hey Ladies,

Having my wedding at the Grand Sunset Princess, August 18, 2012.

We've having the reception back home when we return, so I'm not quite sure what we'll end up doing after the wedding ceremony. We opted to have our ceremony later and forfeit the a-la-carte dinner. 4:30 was just wayyy to early. I feel like I'd really hot in my dress.

Just wondering what other 2012 brides are doing after ceremony.

Congratulations!! Im so happy to hear that it all worked out. You looked amazing!!

If you dont mind im just a ltitle curious about the DJ that you were not happy with. How was the music for the ceremony?? Who took care and controlled it?

Do you think that it would be better for us to just rent the audio equptment?

With the DJ that you used would it have at all been possible for one of your guests to use the mic and make the annoucments that he didnt do? Cause i was just thinking of having a friend of mine do that part.. is that allowed?

How was Emma??

Originally Posted by kasiab View Post

So ladies I am back and I had such an amazing wedding....i am going to keep this short and sweet since i just arrived and have a ton of stuff to do..

So first of all the hotel is amazing! Everyone who was there kept telling me what a great choice i made with picking this hotel. Yes it is a huge property but we all loved the walk. The grounds have all these animals and palm trees and it just is very beautiful. These are pics of the gazebo next to the chill out. I am so happy that we chose this one. The other gazebo is nice, but it is not private at all. You are around all the people on the beach. All the chairs are around and it is not that private. This gazebo was because at the chill out you have to pay 10 dollars to get a lounge chair and not many people want to pay it. I had a 4 pm wedding and only one lady was watching it from a far. I will tell you that Emma told me she would me at the hotel at 320 and didnt show until 355. I was very nervous and anxious. Apparently the hold up was because the minister did not have the information about our sand ceremony. I also ordered... 2 extra boutiniers and 2 coursages for our moms. She took the boutiniers and gave them to the grooms men and not our fathers. So she had to take out a rose from the coursages and pin them to the dads shirt. We paid an extra 100 dollars and i didnt think it was that fair. The ceremony was about 20 mins. We did the symbolic and did our own vows. It was a gorgeous day. We took photos with photos in cancun....Derek and Lorena were the photographers. I cant tell you how great they were. We even invited them to stay at mamma mia and the partied with us at the reception. They were very professional and took over 2000 photos of us! We are coming back in april for my best friends wedding and we are going to do a ttd session because we are so impressed with them and there prices are awesome!!!!! Mamma mia was ok. The area was great and secluded for us. Not too impressed on the food. We did our speeches there and then went to party on the beach from 8 to 11. Open bar for 3 hours and we also did the cake out there. The dj i am not gonna lie was bad. He didnt get our playlists right and i also brought our cds marked and he still messed up the order. He didnt do any type of annoucements of here is the new couple ..or first dance bouquet toss etc...we would have to yell around and tell everyone to make a huge circle around.. iwas very upset about the dj but i was having a good time because i was just married and with my friends and family. If you have any questions just let me know.

post-35183-138622308233_thumb.jpg

post-35183-138622308237_thumb.jpg

from what i saw..there was no mic so you will have to ask emma. Emma was good but there is def a language barrier i would have to explain things to her after she would say yes..then she would say well what do you mean when you say..etc...we brought our own music and he still messed it up..the music was very trance and chill when we got there nothing like i thought it would be.