Grand Sunset Princess Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
Hi Liz.....(did you get the other pics that I sent you?) I brought my own photographer from home, she's a friend of mine and we are still waiting on the pics, if you remind me in a few weeks I can send them through. But picture a outdoor restaurant, all dark wood with thatched roof tops......large luminary type lights (that were turquoiseish) on the ground, tikki torches everwhere, right on the beach - beautiful beds and lounge chairs.....very pretty.

As for the music, we had an ipod all loaded up and read to go and when we got to the Thai Beach Club there was a dj already there that we didn't pay for! I even told Patricia that I didn't want one when she put it on my original contract. So I can't even be sure of the layout of outlets but I know they must have them cause what would the dj have used? No real need for a dance floor......since you're at a restaurant that has floor.

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any other questions

Jill :)
Thank you so much for the info Jill, that's awesome that they gave you a free DJ. I read someone else got the same thing, mayb they make exceptions for people who get the private dinner. It's too bad they won't do it for 20 people only, my wedding coordinator said the private thai beach reception is not a possibility if you have less than 40 sad.gif Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be no other weddings that day and they'll consider it :) So did you bring your own ipod station but you obviously didn't have to use it. I wasn't sure if the restaurant had enough room for dancing. Probably only enough room for the groom & bride to do the first dance I take it? Or is there enough room for the entire wedding party?
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions! :)
Liz

Hey Liz....they will let you take it for less than 40 (we did) you just have to pay for 40. we had 35 including kids, which are 1/2 price and than for the remaining 5 empty seats we paid the kids rate as well.

There is tons of room for dancing.....its a regular restaurant, that holds 100+ people. We set up right infront of the bar. I will send you a pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyD View Post
Thanks SuzyQ for all the info you sent!!!

I have a few more questions...

I guess we need to be there 4 business-days prior to the wedding... why is it 4 days when most resorts in Riviera Maya request you being there 3 days...?

Also... for the private Thai reception, if you do private (instead of semi-private), do you have a dance floor?

We are planning to have a private reception, with DJ and a dance floor... from the pictures I've seen, it looks pretty small, I'm just wondering if there would be enough room.

Also, what decorations do they put up for the reception?

What time do they hold the ceremony at?

Stephy,

Just ask the wedding coordinator about the days, we flew in on a Sun and our ceremony was Thurs which was technically only 3 business days prior to the wedding but she still said it was fine...but then we decided to just have the symbolic ceremony and do all the legal stuff at home.

I think if you do the private option at the Thai Beach you have lots of room for dancing, you'd have the whole place to yourself; which like Sasse said holds 100+ people, but it's set up really intimate so it's not like a huge square room that you'd have to fill with people. Unless you want the dance floor on the beach you wouldn't have to pay for the dance floor at the beach club, you could dance right on the restaurant deck/floor.

As far as decorations for the reception, I don't know because I only did the semi-private, so you might want to message sasse75...but the restaurant is BEAUTIFUL, and the scenery is amazing so you don't need a lot of decor.

As far as the ceremony times go I think there are 2 choices, 2pm and 4pm daily.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Suzy :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post
Stephy,

Just ask the wedding coordinator about the days, we flew in on a Sun and our ceremony was Thurs which was technically only 3 business days prior to the wedding but she still said it was fine...but then we decided to just have the symbolic ceremony and do all the legal stuff at home.

I think if you do the private option at the Thai Beach you have lots of room for dancing, you'd have the whole place to yourself; which like Sasse said holds 100+ people, but it's set up really intimate so it's not like a huge square room that you'd have to fill with people. Unless you want the dance floor on the beach you wouldn't have to pay for the dance floor at the beach club, you could dance right on the restaurant deck/floor.

As far as decorations for the reception, I don't know because I only did the semi-private, so you might want to message sasse75...but the restaurant is BEAUTIFUL, and the scenery is amazing so you don't need a lot of decor.

As far as the ceremony times go I think there are 2 choices, 2pm and 4pm daily.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Suzy :o)
I think that they actually have more than just 2&4PM...because we were at 4PM and there was a wedding right after us.....I believe there were a total of 3 my day!

As for decor Suzy is right the place is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can send you our pics if you want just let me know :)

I am just finalizing my booking now for my wedding on July 27th

We will only have about 16 people so pretty small

We decided to just do the princess package and have dinner at mama mia

Our Dinner is at 6pm I was hoping we could all go dancing some where after

Does any one know if the bars/disco's are open that early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan2010 View Post
I am just finalizing my booking now for my wedding on July 27th
We will only have about 16 people so pretty small
We decided to just do the princess package and have dinner at mama mia
Our Dinner is at 6pm I was hoping we could all go dancing some where after

Does any one know if the bars/disco's are open that early?
You won't have any problems finding a bar open, however you will have to wait for the disco

Hi all just in regards to the theft at the resort. My fiance and I stayed at this resort in October and were unfortunate enough to experieince theft. We had a watch stolen it wasn't in the safe which, was completly our fault but we also had loungers right outside of our room and were able to figure out how could have stolen form us. We repotred the loss but nothing was ever done and it was never recovered.

We did not let this ruin our experience and are actually looking at going back here to get married. Our advace just keep anything that has any value out of sight.

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I just finished booking the grand sunset princess!! Our wedding date is May 5, 2011 at 3pm. Our group will be around 30 people, so I think we are just going to choose one of the a la cartes for our wedding dinner.

We are trying to figure out what to do for our first dance. I read on here that some brides had their dance near the lobby, but I also read that on thurs the lobby is turned into a market. Our wedding day is a thurs (of course). Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could have our first dance?? I was thinking that maybe we could give our song to the dj at the disco, but I would prefer something just a touch more romantic haha.

Any suggestions would be helpful :)