Photo

We're back from SGOR & we're married! (non-pro pics included)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 bridget917

bridget917
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

Thanks so much everyone! It truly was such a wonderful day and more than I could have ever dreamed of! I'm so anxious to get the "real" pictures!!!!

Quote:
    Is that a Sandals made bouquet?
    I went the route of getting an artificial bouquet because I wanted something that I could keep. All of my flowers were artificial and everyone was shocked because they looked and felt so real.

Quote:
    We are eloping and I think the reef terrace would be a perfect place to get married as well.
    All of the sites were beautiful, but what drove us (and, if I remember correctly, most of the brides on this board who have gotten married there) to pick that location is that it is so secluded compared to the others. It was kind of funny though--we were doing our first dance on the deck/patio of the piano bar and I looked down and all of these people were watching us from the pool below!

Quote:
    BTW - were you wearing hot pink sandals in your wedding pics?
    Yup! I found these hot pink wedges that I just had to have! I got down the "aisle" and the first thing John said to me was "nice flip flops!"

Bridget

#22 Tracie09

Tracie09
    • 12 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Bridget, you looked georgeous! The information was great! I am getting married at the Sandals in St. Lucia and now I am even more excited, if that's possible!

Thanks againg for the great info! :-D

Congratulations

#23 Tara

Tara
      • 473 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

Congratulations! Thanks for the great review!

#24 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

#25 Erin6341

Erin6341
          • 298 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Your pics and review are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

#26 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
            • 856 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

Bridget,

Welcome back and Congrats on becoming a Mrs.!!

I love the pictures. You both look so happy. After seeing your pictures, November 2009 can't get here fast enough...

Did you see any weddings on the beach?

#27 Erica053009

Erica053009
              • 513 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

you look amazing congrats

#28 bridget917

bridget917
                • 140 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Thanks again everyone. It was just such a wonderful day! :)

Quote:
                  Did you see any weddings on the beach?
                  The only other wedding I actually saw was in the pier gazebo...I know there were a few others while there, and at least one of them was in the Reef Terrace Gazebo where we got married. The beach is really small (I thought people were exagerrating, but I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when I did get to see it) so I'm not quite sure where they'd set the wedding up if there was one on the beach.

#29 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
                  • 856 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridget917
                    Thanks again everyone. It was just such a wonderful day! :)

The only other wedding I actually saw was in the pier gazebo...I know there were a few others while there, and at least one of them was in the Reef Terrace Gazebo where we got married. The beach is really small (I thought people were exagerrating, but I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when I did get to see it) so I'm not quite sure where they'd set the wedding up if there was one on the beach.
                    Ok..Thanks for the feedback!!

#30 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                    • 419 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bridget917
                      The beach is really small (I thought people were exagerrating, but I must admit I was somewhat disappointed when I did get to see it) so I'm not quite sure where they'd set the wedding up if there was one on the beach.
                      I was alittle disappointed by the small beach too but everything else makes up for it! I think having it sectioned off like they do kinda gives it the illusion of being smaller. When you look at the three different sections it really isn't tiny. The couple of time we actually got in the ocean we hung out on the sandy side. That was where the weddings were. Talk about not private at all! They were held right beside the Italian resturant about 15 feet from swimmers. I felt like I was imposing on someone wedding! It made me feel very uncomfortable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users