Calling all Filipinos!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

Hey Abbie, i hounded my mom and my aunt for a "recipe". And no such luck. ALthough they offered to show you how to cook it if you come over

#12 Christi

Christi
    • 1,905 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Leia78
      Hey Abbie, i hounded my mom and my aunt for a "recipe". And no such luck. ALthough they offered to show you how to cook it if you come over
      My coworker wouldn't part with her recipe either...what's up with that?? She did make me a big batch of pancit though, so I can't complain too much...OMG, it was so friggin good!

#13 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:49 AM

Ancient Filipino Secret!

I dunno about how to make pancit, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE lumpia! When Jay and I first started dating, Thursdays was our beer and lumpia night. Oh, those were the days!

#14 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          How did I miss this? Abbie did you make the pancit? Yum!!

One of my best friends on earth is from the Philippines. Her sister makes the best adobo and lumpia I've ever had, and I grew up eating that stuff in houses where the grandmas cooked hella good, but this girl's food is superior. Damn...now I'm wishing she lived closer so she can bring me some!!

BTW MarieSam, fantastic logo!
          Thank you
          Ancient Filipino Secret!

I dunno about how to make pancit, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE lumpia! When Jay and I first started dating, Thursdays was our beer and lumpia night. Oh, those were the days!
          Ladies, I have the BEST lumpia recipe - once again though it's not a set recipe because I just kinda make it as I go ~ my friends and family swear I put crack in it because they can't stop eating it, tee hee. We need to have a So Cal get together for the BDW brides and I promise to bring some to the party!!!

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:30 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by msam007562
            Thank you

Ladies, I have the BEST lumpia recipe - once again though it's not a set recipe because I just kinda make it as I go ~ my friends and family swear I put crack in it because they can't stop eating it, tee hee. We need to have a So Cal get together for the BDW brides and I promise to bring some to the party!!!
            Yummmmmy, can't wait to try it!

#16 leens514

leens514
            • Site Supporter
            • 26 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

My family is filipino. Unfortunately usually filipinos don't have recipes. Its actually quite annoying and funny at times when i ask my mom for a recipe. I just get a list of ingredients and a reply that she is not sure how much of everything and i should taste as i go! But i have cooked some recipes of this website which has always turned out pretty good.

hope this helps...

Pancit canton — Pinoy Cook: Home-cooked meals have never been this tasty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users