Photo

DIY hair flower....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

So.. I found this pink peony that I LOVE at Michaels because it feels and I think looks really real. Now I wanted to put a flower in my hair for the wedding. On the side really, sinceI have shorter hair, pull one side back behind my ear...

Question.. Do you think that it is too big to make a flower out of it? I was thinking of just putting a lobster type of clasp in the back. I don't think that a comb will hold it?!

Here is a pic. Honestly. Too big? think that it will flop over/ too heavy? Or how can I secure it and keep it looking professional?

Click the image to open in full size.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!

#2 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
    • 668 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

HOLY CRAP! BY THE PIC IT IS WAY TOO BIG! sorry for the close up!

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

How big across is it? Anything more than 4-5 inches and it's going to be huge, especially if it's behind your ear.

Do they make a smaller version?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

its lovely, but maybe a pic of it in position would be better, so we can compare the size of it to your noggin :)

#5 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

I think the problem with a peony is that it's not only wide (i.e. across or circumference) but also that it's pouffy. So I think those two things together make it too big. I think it's okay to go large if it's flat (like a lily or something similar, i.e. amaryllis like mine, hybiscus, etc) or it's okay to go pouffier if it's smaller, but you don't want to go large and pouffy.

#6 Dreams425

Dreams425
        • 105 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SunBride
          I think the problem with a peony is that it's not only wide (i.e. across or circumference) but also that it's pouffy. So I think those two things together make it too big. I think it's okay to go large if it's flat (like a lily or something similar, i.e. amaryllis like mine, hybiscus, etc) or it's okay to go pouffier if it's smaller, but you don't want to go large and pouffy.

SunBride - was your flower real or fake? Where did you find yours? I want to do a fake flower so it holds up but the one I wanted to order was $125 and that seems outrageous so I was thinking of trying to recreate it by just buying the flower at Michaels.

#7 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

Seriously! Sunbrides flower is really pretty. The flower I have is about 4x4". It may big too big. I didn't have a chance to take a pic of it in my hair. And I don't want to pay $150 for a flower! I don't mind to DIY but I also don't want it to look cheesy!

#8 merocket59

merocket59
            • 937 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

Honestly in comparison to your hand in the pic it does look pretty big and you don't want it to distract from you or your dress so maybe you should think of something else to do with it, put in on your chair at the wedding or on a handbag?

#9 Dreams425

Dreams425
              • 105 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the tip! I agree, I am going to focus on finding the flower then I will deal with attaching it to my head!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users