Staples Warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AnneW

• 127 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that Staples charges $1.19/page for color copying on cardstock (even if you bring your own cardstock) - not the 49 cents that is advertised - at least in Southern California. It was really disappointing to find this out after the copying job was done! I'm hoping other BDW girls don't have to go through what I did. Wicked Bummer!

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

So sorry you had to deal with that!

Did you talk to the manager? Why the discrepancy in price? Just because it was cardstock?

#3 AnneW

• 127 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

Yep - just because it was cardstock - "it uses more ink" is what I was told. Luckily I didn't have everything printed - only a minor set-back, but I didn't want anyone else to make that the same mistake I did.

#4 lmg970

• 316 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

hmm, I hope I did alright with my save the dates, I did them at home with my home computer, of course I only made 40 sheets of cardstock.

#5 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

I only paid $0.49 cents when I got color copies made. I brought my own cardstock also. Maybe you should contact their corporate people?
            19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#6 KEE LAC

KEE LAC
            • 251 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

That Sucks! Next time do it at work!
              Soon TO be MRS. Clark:[SIGPIC]

#7 AnneW

• 127 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

I've decided to do them at home! I have a photo printer & the copies look just like the ones from Staples!

#8 latinbeauty

• 117 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the tip - All we have around here are Staples (prefer OfficeMax) and i was thinking of having them print my stuff. So sorry you had to deal with the pricing. I agree you should talk to corporate - there are very few Staples i've ever been to where the customer service could even pass for being 'nice'.....
                  Some people persue happiness, others make it -Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users