Is having the Welcome dinner at an all inclusive hotel cheap??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 meagan

• 133 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by hayley
    I guess I was confusing in my question...I meant is it being cheap to have a welcome dinner and really the guests are paying for it because the dinner is included in the price they pay for the hotel. So I really wouldnt be paying for the dinner, that's what I meant! Sorry for the confusion!

Oh ok, that's what I thought you were asking. I started reading other responses and confused myself.
    No I don't think it's being cheap. If you have it at the resort it will be well-organized and your guests will get to get aquainted with the resort and what it has to offer. I don't even think anyone would think its being cheap. I plan on doing the same thing. Actually, I think its a good idea!

#22 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
    • 39 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by hayley
      Because Im on a budget, I dont think I can afford to have the welcome dinner, the rehearsal dinner, and the reception all because we have over 100 people. So if we told everyone to meet at a certain restaurant in Dreams and then maybe just had a bonfire and smores on the beach, do you think that's cheaping out?
      I think it's more intimate the bonfire and probably goes more with a lay-back atmosphere that people look for when planning a DW. You're already paying dinner for 100+ people, and since my daughter that just got married had 120 guests, I can tell you from experience that it's expensive business getting a big wedding.
      Remember at the end of the day, it's supposed to be all about having fun!
      I personally think it's a great idea, I love bonfires!

Good luck!

#23 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Just keep in mind most resorts WILL CHARGE YOU for having a large group at a restaurant, even if it's all inclusive, because it takes special service to feed such a large group. Often the only way to do this for free is to go to the buffet restaurant. Check with your resort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users