Is having the Welcome dinner at an all inclusive hotel cheap??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

I think it's perfect-- you're at an all-inclusive so why get everybody together for something to welcome them!

#12 Davematthews16

• Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

I'm a bit confused because I too am staying at an All-inclusive, and my WC said our "Welcome Dinner" would be covered. She just wanted me to give her a final head count so she could set it up for me. Why would you have to pay for it at an all-inclusive?

#13 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

Nevermind, sorry I miss-read the post. It's not "cheap" at all. Your guests will love it!

#14 caporrone

• 109 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

I think it's a different idea and guests will like it - they can just chill out - be loose and get to know each other - it's a little more intimate then a dinner and also guests won't feel like they are on a time clock

good luck - enjoy it

#15 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

I Plan on having the welcome dinner at the buffet at our AI resort.
            I figure it is a great way for everyone to meet & mingle.
            We are reserving an entire area and are really looking forward to it!
            Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
            Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#16 melinda234

• 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

I do not think it is cheap at all! Where are you getting married?

#17 Leia78

• VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by hayley
                Because Im on a budget, I dont think I can afford to have the welcome dinner, the rehearsal dinner, and the reception all because we have over 100 people. So if we told everyone to meet at a certain restaurant in Dreams and then maybe just had a bonfire and smores on the beach, do you think that's cheaping out?
                Hi Hayley, I'm having my wedding at Dreams Los Cabos this Oct.. I just made my welcome dinner my rehearsal dinner too. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can just tell everyone to meet at a restaurant at the same time...especially if you have over 100 people. But maybe you can ask everyone to meet at the bar in the lobby for drinks. To host a private event at Dreams Los Cabos in 2008, the price is $25/pp. It's actually pretty affordable considering what you get.

#18 CayoLargo

• 177 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

To me the DW wedding is experiencing something differnt, unique and out of the ordinary...really who loves to sit around night after night with the same people when you could enjoy a different part of the resort and interact in a different way. I think AI gives you that freedom and allows everyone to enjoy it. GO FOR IT!
                  Engaged: December 25, 2007
                  Married: February 4, 2009
                  Wedding Destination: Cuba
                  Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo

#19 hayley

• 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

I guess I was confusing in my question...I meant is it being cheap to have a welcome dinner and really the guests are paying for it because the dinner is included in the price they pay for the hotel. So I really wouldnt be paying for the dinner, that's what I meant! Sorry for the confusion!

#20 alishadawn20

• 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

I think its a good idea. we were thinking of something similar. I'm sure no one would mind..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users