Got my "Knockoff" dress and I LOVE it

Hi Everyone,

I got my dress today and I absolutely love it. I orginally wanted the Winnie Couture "Breeleigh" style dress - link below. (sorry - don't know how to imbed pics yet and I'm too excited to figure it out right now).

Winnie Couture Destination Wedding Dresses - Wedding Dress Style Breeleigh | Brides.com

The price on the dress, even with the trunk show discount was over $1300. So, in my normal practical fashion thought I would try to find it cheaper on the internet. In my search, I found the following website which didn't have the particular WC dress I wanted, but had her other lines for DIRT CHEAP. I emailed them asking if they could make mine and they said sure. I sent the pics, and asked a TON of questions (she was very responsive too). In short, the site is for a place in China that is the manufacturer for a number of lines (she couldn't tell me which ones) and even if they aren't the manufacturer, she said the gown like mine is usually 95% - 98% similar to the original. If it's an all lace gown, those can vary more. So, I thought the savings were worth it and I sent my measurements (which were a little forgiving - lol) and ordered it. The dress was - get ready for this - $289 (including shipping). I later also added a veil for $20.

I compared the dress and I think the beading is a little bit different (not as silver) but since I saved myself $1000 and it has the scallop edging which I fell in love with, I absolutely love it. Since my measurements were a little forgiving, I think I need to have it taken in a little as well (I was just scared it would be too tight). In addition, instead of the 6 months they quoted me at the bridal salon, this place quoted 2 - 3 wks to make it. It took about 5 weeks to get to me (I was starting to worry too). Oh, they also copied the flower pattern from the dress in the veil (which I didn't expect). The veil doesn't come with a comb or barrett so I will need to add that - not a big deal.

Overall, it beat my expectations and I am ecstatic right now.

Here are the pics of the dress I got (sorry so crappy but I didn't have anyone to take them)

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZtWLdi1bs2L0Q

Here is the website that I ordered from.

Wedding Dresses,Evening Dresses,Bridesmaid Dresses--ShopOfWedding.COM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics