• 386 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

It looks like a beautiful place!

:)

#12 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
    • 466 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

Looks really nice. I've been to the Riu in Ochos Rios and you will not be dissapointed, everything is beautifal, lots of marble, clean. Just one thing to look out for -- DO NOT DRINK THE BEER WITH THE BROWN LABEL!!! They are the bears that are in the mini bars in the room. My FI drank one and got really really sick, we're talking 4 IV's sick! We think its because the beers were unpaturized. So sick to Red Stripe and you'll be okay.

#13 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:43 PM

I think that's a great idea! I JUST BOOKED my wedding at the Riu Ocho Rios for Feb 6, 2008! I think I will get married onsite, but I love the look of The Ruins, I think it would be unique and memorable and so nice!
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#14 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

Maureen - this is beautiful!!! My fiance and I are strongly considering Riu Ocho Rios for our wedding/honeymoon. Now we're trying to decide whether or not we will have the ceremony on site or if we will go off-site. I guess it all depends on how many people are planning to come!!!
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#15 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

It looks beautiful there!
            I was wondering, any of the soon to be brides who are getting married at Riu Ocho Rios, do you have any info on the weddings there? I emailed the resort to get info but have yet to hear back.

#16 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Got an email from Riu Ocho Rios about outside photographers...they are NOT allowed!!! (They use 'Photoshop' - I got an email from the photographer and was not impressed with the pictures. I can forward to anyone interested.)

I did find a loop hole though - "If you will have guests that would like to take pictures they can actually do it. We just do not allow outside vendors at the RIU Ocho Rios." - from email with Riu Wedding Sales Coordinator (and I specifically stated that I have a guest who is a professional photographer; not true but I wanted to see what they said!).

#17 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:30 AM

My best friend is actually, staying at the same resort, and also getting married at the Ruins. I can't wait to go it looks so pretty. We are going May/2008. We are going to the wedding but are actually going to stay somewhere else. We are going to take this oppurtunity to have a belated honeymoon, in Jamaica. Our wedding is going to be 2 weeks in Punta Cana with 5 kids, not much of a honeymoon. When is your wedding going to be?
                Kelly~

#18 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

I'm trying to decide between beach & on-resort wedding locations. Definitely one of the gazebo locations; but they have a gazebo on the beach and on their grounds. I don't what this to happen with my wedding photos, so maybe off of the beach!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#19 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
                  • 490 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

OMG. Do you see the person in the back of that picture?! I would freak out if someone was in my wedding pictures like that.

#20 dragonfly

dragonfly
                    • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Thats hillarious!!! Unless I was the bride. Too funny... At first I thought we were looking at man boobs (are we allowed to say that on here?) but nope I believe it just might be a woman. Can you imagine!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users