Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#71 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

We decided to just stay in a Mayan Suite in the Colonial section. Our guests are staying in standard rooms in the Colonial section, so we're kinda separated, but close. We are only there for 1 week (with our guests) and then switching to another resort for our honeymoon, so we didn't think we would use enough of the perks.
    Jennifer & David
    January 22, 2009
    Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#72 hanna

hanna
    • 223 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

Also, if you email Olga Ramos, the Guest Reception Manager prior to your stay, you can see about getting a complementary upgrade. Therefore, if you pay for the Jr. Suite, she can upgrade to Mayan Suite (but Not Royal Suites). Or if you get a regular room, see about upgrading to Jr. Suite.

"Olga Ramos" <gtereservas.riviera@fiestahotelgroup.com>,

We are thinking about just doing the regular room and upgrading to Jr Suite. Not sure if Mayan Suite is worth the extra $$. Seems like it is just the outdoor shower that is different.

#73 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
      • 170 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

We ended up booking a junior suite- it cost us an extra $80 for the week, and I'm REALLY hoping it will get us upgraded to a Mayan suite. We ended up just sticking with lodgings over in the Kantenah section because our parents wanted to be close (not next door, but close) to us, and most of our guests (us included) can't really afford the additional cost of the Royal Suites. I've read that the Kantenah section is great, so I'm excited to stay there!

#74 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
        • 164 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

I think the whole resort will be great!! I am SO excited to go!!

#75 VanSunBride

VanSunBride
          • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hello ladies,

We are getting married at the Grand Palladium on March 6, 2009 at 3pm on Kantenah Beach. Private reception to follow at the Gran Azul Restaurant at 7pm. Right now we have 36 people booked and anticipating a little over 40.

For photography we are using Claudia Rodriguez who came highly recommended by a friend who got married in the Mayan back in 2007. From what we have seen Claudia is extremely talented.

All the plans are right on track

Cheers

#76 VanSunBride

VanSunBride
            • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Forgot to mention the below website - it's great! Full of pictures and information on the resort and weddings. It also has a forum ... check it out!

Palladium Addict Site Directory

#77 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
              • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

VanSunBride- I've spent so much time on that site already! Its a great resource for vacation needs for the GP!

#78 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
                • 170 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

I was wondering if any of you have heard from Rocio about some of the different options she might have for centerpieces, flowers and other decor? I don't really want to bring any of that down with me, but I'm afraid there won't be anything on her list of options that I like that will be affordable!

#79 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
                  • 164 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by coppergoddess13
                    I was wondering if any of you have heard from Rocio about some of the different options she might have for centerpieces, flowers and other decor? I don't really want to bring any of that down with me, but I'm afraid there won't be anything on her list of options that I like that will be affordable!
                    There is a price list of flowers and other "extras" on the wedding package. You can find it on the Palladium Addict website under the wedding stuff. They don't have pictures but it will give you an idea of the maximum cost you would pay. I've heard that she will have pictures of flowers, cakes, etc when you meet with her when you arrive and you can choose then. The wedding package includes flowers but I'm sure you can upgrade if you choose. I'm not worrying about flowers until we get there because I just want some vibrant local flowers. The birds of paradise are beautiful!! Look at the wedding pics on the Palladium Addicts site too, it will give you some ideas of the flowers available.

#80 adias.angel

adias.angel
                    • 719 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

Add me to the potentials list. We are holding off until next fall for our site visit so we can see a few of the new hotels that are opening in 2009. Our TA is working on getting together a list of the resorts that fit our criteria (the 2009 ones are being a bit of trouble) but as of right now the GP is #1 our list. Carla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users